Anxiety and Councilling

Chris Judson

Good Morning All,

Not sure if this kind of post is appropriate for where i'm posting it, but i didnt know where else to reach out.

So tonight i go back to my second session of counselling for so many issues but most of it is for loneliness/anxiety and stress. Not work stress as such but stressing myself out because i have no friends and basically no social life and am basically a hermit crab. I'm not looking for those violins before you are all start getting them out and start playing them, but just my need for people is just to a point of sillyness and reaching out to people i shouldnt purely for attention and needing someone to talk to.

My evenings get pretty lonely because my wife works 8am-8pm and often isnt home until 8:30 ish. i try and keep myself busy by getting house chores done, but even when im sitting through vast amounts of ironing, i'm really in my head about how lonely i am.

Unless my wife or mum text's me, i can go days without a single text or call from anybody and it's just the worst feeling in the world

Does anyone else get like this?

thanks

Can you not get a p/t job so you get out and see people.
My OH goes off at 6.30 and not back until 6 sometimes 7. Then he works for a couple of hours during the evening.
I know what it's like not see'ing anyone all day. When I was ill I couldn't go out then when I started feeling well again I couldn't be bothered to go out. I bought a bike and use to cycle every day just for something to do.
I have a p/t job so I do get to see people.

Do you have any hobbies?

p/t job sounds good! just worried that i will burn out from doing two jobs in a day, plus i dont know many places that would allow me to work like 5-8 on evenings and not work weekends....like i dont think they would be that flexible

bike sounds possible though :)

This is not quite the same but maybe will help somewhat in some way, im kinda just sharing and might help sorta...

With my son having ASD and being quite different from other kids...I found I didnt gel or bond with other parents that well and being a mum that had given up work my friendships with work collegues and also friends before kids also distanced too.

I felt really lonely for a really long time.

I started taking my son to a play group for children with additional needs and got chatting to a lady who told me about a couple of support groups for parent carers.

I felt so anxious about going but I felt I needed to go and join in somewhere, especially with people who was on the same page as me and could relate.

I have formed friendships with some of the most loveliest people I have ever met in my life and im forever greatful to the lady who pointed me in the direction of support groups.

Maybe ask your councillor if there are any support groups in your area?

It seems daunting and awkward at first until you get to know the others but eventually clicks.

Back