Anxiety/putting pressure on...

Wirik

So, I'm not after sympathy or anything like that, I'm wondering if anyone else is similar to me and if so, how did you deal with this sort of nonsense? I have done really well in my first three weeks and I'm really thrilled with it, however I have managed to make it that I am actually terrified of a sts or gain and I am genuinely panicky all day on weigh-in day, and all I can think about is whether or not I'm going to have lost. I don't mean I'd be a bit disappointed, I am a bit worried that I'll massively beat myself up, even though when I lost over 3.5 stone last time I had a few little gains and dealt with it, this anxiety I'm feeling about potentially gaining is nuts... Am I alone in this excessive nonsense?

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. All I can suggest is to tell your group leader so that he/she can keep an eye on you and make sure you're being realistic with yourself. We should all expect small gains and plateaus some weeks and I think you're right to look for support before you get to this point. How about doing a superspeedy day on the day of your weigh in, that control may just allow you to put your nerve to rest so you can get on with your day.

Anxiety is debilitating and I wish you all the best with dealing with this. Keep checking into this thread to keep me updated with how you're coping. :)

Back