Anxiety while losing weight

JimmyT85

Morning all,

Basically, I suffer from anxiety and depression.
I've been on SW for 2 years now. The first year was great, had a good weight loss and things were going smoothly. Last year, my depression and anxiety heightened, and my weight loss slowed down dramatically. However, not through lack or trying to overeating, though, which is a nuisance.

My anxiety seems to have heightened again, and I think may be due to putting too much pressure on myself, re: Slimming World. It seems like I'll have a good week one week, then the next week, I'll get a gain, even when I know I don't deserve one. This kicks off the anxiety more, and it just ends up in a vicious circle.

It's getting to a point now where I am starting to feel physically sick, and literally cannot stop thinking about my weight, and I dread weigh day rolling around, even when I know I've been on plan.

Has/does anyone else experience this? If so, how did/do you cope? Any tips at all?

Thanks! Have a nice day everyone

Doesn't sound like I have it to the same extent as you; but I always feel anxious about weigh in day and dread it especially when I've been on plan.

I find I can handle a gain if I know that I haven't stuck to it.

One thing I'm trying to do differently this time round is celebrate every loss as the amount of times I've gotten down about only losing a lb is ridiculous, when actually losing a lb each week is great that's half a stone every couple of months... yes it might be less than other people but who cares it's all in the right direction.

The other thing I'm doing is trying to focus on how clothes fit and also reminding myself how much good I am doing myself by doing the plan. Even if I don't lose weight one week I know I am eating well and doing my body some good.

Back