Any Atkins rules?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by CornishPixie, 14 November 2011 Social URL.

1. CornishPixie

CornishPixie Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    hey everyone, just wanted to get a gauge of any personal "rules" you set yourself whilst your doing atkins. I am keen to find out a base on g of fat/protein a day etc. I think my protein is coming in a littler high (around 100g) whilst my fat could be higher. Any suggestions on how to increase the fat and not the protein?

Rules, I am currently avoiding all caffeine, fizzy drinks and "fake foods", i.e the atkins friendly bread, or numerous fake foods you can get on lowcarb sites. I think once I am closer to goal I'll allow myself those things, but for now want to be quite regimented.

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 4isnotenough

4isnotenough Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st2lb(37.23%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I try to avoid manufactured foods, note the word try. :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

4. boggins

boggins Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(34.81%)
    Diet:
    Low carb high fat om nom nom
    Nothing with added wheat, even in tiny amounts. That rules out most sausages. :(

I am off the diet sodas, which is no great loss as I've always found them pretty bland, but I am kinda bored with water. When you can't have milk, fruit juice or pop it does limit things quite a bit!

I drink coffee and eat berries, seeds and nuts, and processed meats like peperami, and have from the start. I also use Splenda. I'm quite glad I can still lose while eating these things- that means there's plenty of things to try giving up if I stall.

I get my fat score up with coconut oil and cream in my coffee.

5. ajj1965

ajj1965 Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(31.76%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    atkins maintenance
    I drink coffee too, always have done and it doesn't affect me losing. Just as well as the no-coffee rule was a deal-breaker for me. I drink it black 90% of the time but first thing in the morning and last cup at night I put heavy cream in it. I can't bear fat in meat so the cream in the coffee, a limited amount of cheese and butter on my cauli is the only fat source that I find palatable and in my personal experience it's as important to keep the fat percentage high as keeping the carbs low.

6. mightymonocle

mightymonocle Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.87%)
    Diet:
    LCHF
    you can up your fat intake with cheese (here and there, some are sensitive to it + it makes them stall, so it's something to watch out for, atkins recommends no more than a certain amount (2oz?) a day)
    + you can up fats by cooking in good oils, olive oil + coconut oil in particular, as well as butter, butter over veggies too, you can opt for the less expensive and fattier cuts of meat (like chicken thighs w/ skin, fatty mince ect.), ideally 65% of your daily calories should come from fat, 30% protein + 5% carb

7. Beth3107

Beth3107 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.13%)
    Diet:
    Atkins/low carb
    i tend to try and buy the cheaper cut of meat for the fat content, even tho i drain most of it away.

i also dont eat or snack past 7.30 pm. if i get hungry (which is usually boredom rather than realy hunger) i drink a bottle of water x

8. CornishPixie

CornishPixie Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    oh, good tips there. its funny how one way of eating can give everyone their own set of personal rules to follow. I try not to eat anything I wouldnt usually eat, or would eat only because its atkins. I try and see this as a lifestyle choice and not a diet so if i wouldnt usually eat it, then i'm not going to start eating it for the sake of atkins...if that makes any sense. I've given up caffeine as when I was on LL, i didnt touch any caffeine, alcohol or fizzy drinks and in 12 weeks it made the most unbelieveable difference to cellulite - it disappears!! Water is the way forward!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.