any good read?

supermummy

day6 on cd ss and really need to take my mind off of food and keep myself busy. can anyone suggest a good book.
no spooky or horrors. x

I love sophie kinsella books, they are a really easy read, very girly.

I'm reading Tipping The velvet, by ..... Waters, can't remember her 1st name :/ It is fantastic, lesbian erotic 18th century.....fab ...

Catcher in the Rye. Read it first in school and loved it!

the girls - it is ACE. i'm a readaholic so can suggest loads.

try also: sister of my heart, martina cole books, kite runner, the ivy chronicles.

The Bible. Great stories. A bit spooky and some horrors at times though:eek: But some 'nice' bits about births and cool things happening to people.

Divided into nice diddy chapters, so easy to pick up and put down :cool:

Last forever:rolleyes:

The Bible. Great stories. A bit spooky and some horrors at times though:eek: But some 'nice' bits about births and cool things happening to people.

Divided into nice diddy chapters, so easy to pick up and put down :cool:

Last forever:rolleyes:

thanx everyone. am goin into town 2morrow so will see wha i can get my hands on. x

Excellent. Available at plenty of church book stalls near you.

Highly recommend Genesis. Lots of begetting and begotting. Brill :clap: ;)

Agree the bible is a good place to start
I like Rebecca Shaw - nice gentle village stories (Turnham Malpas/BArleybridge stories)
I also like Edward Rutherfurd - London, SArum, The Forest - no too keen on the irish ones or the russia one - but the English ones are really interesting and epic following families from the past through to present day in all their ups and downs.
I also like Gervase Phinn for a bit of a titter - not sure whether that is more because I am a teacher but the anecdotes of classrooms are true to life and very very funny!!

Hope you find something to take your mind off it - failing that paint your nails!!

I also like Gervase Phinn for a bit of a titter - not sure whether that is more because I am a teacher but the anecdotes of classrooms are true to life and very very funny!!

Oh yes! Me too. People usually say "Gervase who?" when I suggest that to friends. Very funny guy.

Back