any ideas for healthy chicken fajitas?

helenh123

hi there

im going away at the weekend to my parents caravan with a group of friends. they all want chicken fajitas for tea one nite and i want it to be as low in syns as possible

im going to avoid the wraps and use lettuce instead (the others can still have wraps!), but i need an easy fajita recipe, i was going to fry chicken, peppers, onions, mushrooms etc in fry light but i dont have a clue how to make a nice sauce! im nervous because i want it to taste nice! has anyone got any easy tasty recipes? some people use yoghurt others use a million spices im so confused!

also does anyone have a nice salsa sauce for nachos, that way i can have a few...ive got to have some treats : )

thanks!
helen

Fajita is easy, just fry the chicken and whatever veggies you want but in Fry Light and the spices you want. The top 3 recipes for "fajita sauce recipe" in Google brought me this, this and this, all of which are SW friendly or easily adaptable by omitting/replacing oil/sugar/flour. (The first one is basically a fajita recipe, the other two good spice mixes for fajitas). You could use Total 0% yogurt instead of cream, and obviously fry in Fry Light. A weight watchers wrap is only 5 syns or use lettuce if you want.

If you dont want to go to the hassle of getting all the separate spices just buy a ready-made spice mix, this Discovery one is only 3.5 syns so between all of you only a syn each, its virtually nothing! :) This one is 5.5 syns so not much more when you divide it between you.

If you want a sauce/salsa to go with it again just fry the onions/garlic/peppers etc in Fry Light, stick some tomatoes, tomato puree, splash of vinegar/lime juice in and youre done. :) Here's an easy salsa recipe, another here, another Here's"]here[/URL] - basically tomatoes, chillies, garlic, spring onion, vinegar, oregano/coriander, juice of a lime to finish. Chuck some jalapenos in if you want it really hot. Just omit the oil :)

Happy camping x :)

if your feeding alot of you the discovery sachets are quite low syn when divided by number of servings you make and if you are travelling they are handy too also you could always pittas instead of wraps the co op wholemeal ones are an approved hex b

I make a nice salsa with chopped tomatoes, coriander , chopped red onion, a tsp of olive oil ( you can use HEX or just leave out) and some chopped chilli (if you want it hot otherwise leave out chilli), season with salt and pepper.

Back