Any ideas on how to stop snacking?

shazza2971

I am so trying to do SS but keep snacking on protein foods, which is not knocking me out of ketosis, but making my weightloss slow. Only lost 2.5lbs this week so not a happy bunny :cry:.

I know its my own fault, but once you are in a cycle its difficult to stop it, any ideas how I can stop myself?

you just have to use your own willpower and aim for small goals ..... maybe aim to not snack for one evening .. then for one day .. once you have done one day .. it spurs you on to do another . Do not tell yourself you CANNOT have these foods .. that makes you see it as depriving yourself .. see it as a positive CHOICE .... tell yourself you CAN eat but you CHOOSE not to today , if you are really struggling then maybe try SS+ , same losses as SS but with a small protein meal which is well controlled , may be an easier option for you , and remeber 2.5 lb a week is still a brill loss :)
I hope you manage to get back on track :)

Hi

You have to have an honest conversation with yourself and acknowledge that ultimately you have a choice on whether to snack or not. And then you have to see not snacking as a positive choice not as a negative one. As long as you feel you are "going without" or tell yourself you "should" do something that just feeds into the snacking cycle. When you hear that little voice saying "oh but x, y z" you have to just tell it to feck off and and that you are choosing to do something else. If you start having a conversation with yourself in your head and bargaining with yourself then the voice (snack) is always going to win. In time the voice speaks to you less and less.

Good luck!

Gg

Back