any men here?

Alan_99

Hi I have been on LL for 13 weeks now and have been in managment for 1 week, I lost 94 llbs in total :).

My problem is portion size where do you find advice about this? theres varying advice about 100 grams or fist size I got big hands I lost 5 llbs first week of managment my councillor is geared more to woman although she is very good but I'm worried I might be eating to much. Anyone got any advice please?

stick with it everyone :)

Wow 94lbs lost...well done you have done amazingly well. There are a few men around the site somewhere. Im sure they will be along shortly. Im sure if you have lost 5lbs in your first week doing management you are doing something right.
Good luck and keep up the fantastic work.

I reckon a good one to ask will be Tommee, once he gets back from Dominican Republic!! There are a few other chaps around too, so hopefully one will be along very soon!

Fab weight loss btw. I am so jealous!

I was always told that portion size was up to the individual as you need to learn to listen to your body and what it needs, this will change daily according to your out put and appetite, I know it's scary and a bit trial and error but only you really know what your body needs, no one should tell you different.
good luck, trust yourself and listen to your body.

Heidi x

Hi Alan,

Congratulations and very well done on your fantastic weight loss, it is so impressive!!!

Here is a handy chart on portion size, I hope this helps.

Even on Lifetime Maintenance, it's important to be able to judge portion size, especially for higher carb foods.

How much is 1/2 cup?

What does a 3-inch slice look like?

These charts should help you estimate portions at a glance.

Bread, Grains, and Pasta....................Think of

1 one-ounce slice of bread................. An index card

1 two-ounce piece of Italian bread....... A bar of soap

1 three-ounce bagel.......................... A can of tuna

1/2 cup, cereal, or pasta.................... 1/2 baseball

1 two-ounce muffin............................. A cupcake wrapper

Fruits and Veggies..............................Think of

1 medium fruit or 3/4 cup cut -up fruit.... A tennis ball

1 cup green sald................................. A fist

1/2 cup cooked veggies...................... A scoop of ice cream

Protein and Cheese..........................Think of

2 tablespoons peanut butter..............Two tea bags

3 ounce beef, chicken, or pork............A small pack of tissues or cigarettes

1 ounce of cheese.............................A pair of dice

1 ounce of nuts................................One Ping-Pong ball or a small child's handful

Snacks and Desserts..........................Think of

1 ounce of chips................................A medium-size handful

1 three-inch piece of cake...................A small stack of business cards

1 cup of ice cream.............................A baseball

Measurements....................................Th ink of

1 tablespoon.......................................A tea bag

1 teaspoon.........................................A thimble

1 cup............................................... .A fist or a baseball

1/4 cup.............................................A large eg

Thank you everyone for your support. I know I must learn to trust my body to tell me what it wants, hopefully it'l become easier with time.
Thanks Mini for the chart its a good way to visulize portions.

:)stick with it everyone.

I'm not there yet but I know that I will have the same issue. My biggest problem has always been portion control.

Stuart

Hi Stuart

I have just finished my 7th week of LL with 9lbs still to go, I am starting management next week. I have similar issues with portion control and have invested in the 'diet plate' to eat off at home. Basically it marks out how much protein, carbs, etc you should eat at each meal - if your food goes over the line then you are eating too much. There is also a cereal bowl with lines for different types of cereal.

I got it off amazon; it wasn't exactly cheap and I guess if you weigh out the correct portions once you could mark it out on a plain white plate with a permanent marker until you get into the habit of portion control. I'm hoping that's how it will work for me.

Good luck in management.
Johnny :D

Back