Any one experienced a gain in their first week?

Were you on a very low calorie diet before doing SW? if you were then your body needs some time to adjust to all the food, so don't be disheartened! There are plenty of reasons why you might have gained. Stick with it for a couple of weeks and you'll probably start to see losses. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

does that mean it will eventually work? yes i was on about a 1000 cal a day diet but i dont want to undo what i have worked for. I am on some tablets that lower your metabolism and am worried this diet will not work for me

It has been know for people to put on weigh, sometimes its because people have been on low calorie diets before. Do you get weighed at a group or at home, because it could be a difference in scales? Keep with it and im sure you will see a loss next week. Also if you are worried about what you are eating, post an average days food diary and people can check to make sure you are on the right track. Stay positive (i know its hard) and it will come off. Good luck x

I have learned from years of experience low calorie diets are the devil. Your body needs to regulate its metabolic rate so you will gain for now but you will see results in the long run.

give it some time, your food intake will have risen if you were on a low cal diet so your body will need time to adjust. keep at it and maybe post a food diary so people can give you a helping hand? good luck for the week ahead

Yeah posting a food diary is a really good suggestion, that way if you are doing something wrong it will be pointed out to you and if it perfect then you can at least go ahead with confidence that it will work.

I've just had a look at your food diary. You don't appear to be having your syns. This isn't going to help.

My C told us we should be using our syns every day to boost losses.

If you have a special event you can occasionally use flexible syns.

Other posts are right about the number of calories. I was on a low calorie diet at home before joining SW. Gained the first week but after that have had fairly steady losses. Got my club10 this week

Im a bit confused as youve been here a while and had problems before so it cant be your first week? Also are you using the same scales at the same time of day in the same clothing etc? eg going to class and comparing your home scales weight to their scales? Im pretty sure you wrote a very similar post not so long ago :confused:

i keep restarting and having a break because it doesnt seem to work!!!!! I am now commited and hopefully i'll stick to it this time! I know ive been on about the same things from time to time but i get so stressed about my weight sorry

Saving syns up and using them all over the weekend does work for a few people, but not for most. Maybe it's worth trying a different approach, as something is obviously messing things up for you, both when you are on plan, and with your motivation to stay on plan. The syns are there for physical / nutritional AND psychological purposes, one of which is to make it easier to stay on plan. I'm one of the ones that it doesn't work for - I used to save up for the weekend as well). I'm compromising on this now. I have about 5 Mon - Thur, and then 15 Fri - Sun. and that seems to work better.

I think your condition (mentioned in other posts) may make it more difficult to steer away from a potentially damaging (for the plan) all-or-nothing approach. (Not that I am any sort of expert, but people I've know who are bi-polar tend to find this hard - sorry if this is a presumption / too personal for this thread).

Anyway - hope you find a few tweaks that help soon.

:)

i keep restarting and having a break because it doesnt seem to work!!!!! I am now commited and hopefully i'll stick to it this time! I know ive been on about the same things from time to time but i get so stressed about my weight sorry

Maybe it'd be better of we forgot about the numbers for a while and just try sticking to the plan as an exercise in healthy eating? I know it's hard, especially when you have other problems to deal with, but the numbers themselves are meaningless, it's way too easy to get obsessed with them. Forget the scales, banish them from your house and just try sticking to the plan. Give at least a week stick to the plan and dont get weighed at all in between.

You really have to be set on this plan for it to work, you cant do it today and not tomorrow/take six days off, then stick to it for a day and expect a loss. It's a way of life and thinking of it in terms of numbers and expecting a result just gets us obsessed with it and stops it being healthy eating.

Do you do this on your own from home? Or do you go to a class? Is there anyone else you can set up with so there's a bit of support between you?

The other thing is, maybe the time is just not right? If you have other problems in your life it might just not be possible to deal with this right now. You do need to have your head in the right place and be focussed on making it work. Maybe you need to feel better in other parts of your life before you can deal with this bit?

Good luck x :)

The problem is, it's not going to work if you keep stopping and starting on it, you need to be following the SW plan whole-heartedly.

From memory, when you started on it a couple of weeks back, you lasted only 1-2 days before going off track - SW is not going to work over only a couple of days. You HAVE to stick with it in order for it to work.

Also, in all honesty I think you really need to have your head in the right place if you want to stick with SW whole-heartedly and from your recent posts, in other threads also, maybe now is just not the right time for you?

I agree ermintrude i am going to stop obsessing and stick to the plan Banish the scales and see what it says in three weeks. Thank you ermintrude for your honesty

Back