Any one here a shift worker?

maypole

loves to eat
How do you do your weigh in? Do you miss the odd one or do you find another class to go to in the morning if on a late or do you try & stay to the same kind of day?

I miss my class if I am working, I WI at night and could go to the early class but think the weight would be different and would pee me off too much the following week when I go back to pm WI.

My daughter tends to go to every other one xx

I work alternating shifts and generally can make every other one.

I swap around where possible at work to get to the intermediate ones if possible.

Where I can't get myself free on a Tuesday evening, I go to a Wednesday one in the evening in the next town if I can.

And failing that I just miss it and go a fortnight later.

I would rather do that than have a morning weigh in which would no doubt be much better than my usual evening ones, and would skew the results of my next one. I like to keep things the same to get a more accurate idea of how things are going.

I've only been doing SW for 4 weeks and shifts havent really messed me up yet, I was worried about going for WI after nights but I still lost. Its a pain in the backside staying up for it though!!
Luckily the group I go to has a morning and evening group so I can choose which of those I go to and it fits into the pattern quite nicely.
Shift work is rubbish!!!

I work shifts and they differ every week! However I'm quite lucky because we are entitled to request 2 shifts a week in red and I nearly always ask for Mondays off to go to art club in the avo and SW in the evening. If it's not granted I go to a Thursday class instead (same consultant) If I couldn't go to either I would definitely try and find another class during the week because I wouldn't want missing a week to throw me off kilter- I need to know my weight to spur me on through the following week!!X

Oh my life! I had no idea shifts would mess me up so badly. I was on the early shift this week and went for the PM weigh in, well not only had I been really good but I showed +3lb! I was that gutted I didnt even stay to class :(
I think I'll skip the PM ones and if Im working, Im working - and just miss a week, I dont need that kind of motivation loss.
Got myself on the scales this morning and I have lost on last week but I had no idea that it could change sooooo much during a day!
x

My weigh in is a wednesday night.

I do 3 12.5 hour shifts a week. I dont ever work Wednesday days due to chilcare but if im nightshift i pop in quickly just as my consultant is setting up, get weighed quickly, then head to work.

I work shifts full time. I re-joined SW online on Jan 2nd this year, so far I have been quite pleased. I weigh myself when I've just got up. I have lost a stone so far. I found last time round when I went to the meetings, I could only realistically get to one in 3 and i lost the motivation to go and gave up. That said, I really miss having a consultant to get advice from (but this forum is just as good!) as the Sw online website is a bit heavy going if you have a question, they will only reply to you if your question is not already on the site.
I find nights the worst to cope with. I have a main meal before I go in, and then take fruit, cottage cheese and some low syn snacks with me.

Back