any other previous LT'rs on here

msblonde

a new way of living!
Hi everyone,

well I have popped my head round the door, ha a look to see if I know anyone this time around, and well, dont really see anyone that I remember from last time :(

I lost 38lbs with LT about 2.5 years ago, and kept it off for a few months, vowed to never put myself through TFR ever again and to keep the weight off...

then about 6 months after refeeding, I had a fall, got up, went to work, (sleep over at a 103 years old ladies house as her carer) and then went to the dr with odd symptoms, found out I had collpased a disc into my spinal cord (explained the numbess and incontinence) had needed urgent spinal surgery.

so after having my 10th rib removed (no - didn't end up with a waist like Cher) my left lung deflated, my heart moved aside, my T10 disc removed and a titanium cage put in, reinflated, stitched up (10 hrs later) (minus the rib) q week in ITU, 2 weeks on a ward, 6 weeks in a wheelchair and 12 weeks in a contraption that looked like something off irobot, I was fixed...

and fat again! there is nothing quite like chocolate, easter time, easter eggs and self pity to undo a lot of hard work on TFR!

so just under 18months after the op, and a very lucky almost full recovery, and a determination to never to TFR ever ever again...

Here I am!

this time I have started 1/2 stone lighter than last time on LT thanks to SW and a 12 lbs weight loss over 6 months, I realised, that if I want to lose weight quickly, relatively easily (aside from the first week of starvation hell lol) then I have to do LT, unless I want to struggle on for several more months years to lose weight 'the normal way'

for people with medical conditions, I really think that borderline obeseity is not taken serious enough, ok, if you have diebeties, it is focussed on a little more, if your bmi goes over 35- 40, then the dr may mention it, but becasue most people are a lot bigger now than 30 years ago, we have gotten so used to seeing 'bigger' we have lost track of what obesity looks like. and how dangerous it is to conditions like fibromyalgia, spinal cord injuries, under active thyroid and myofascial pain patients.

being obese is not all about diabetis and heart disease, its not all about life and death, its about LIFESTYLE death, and surely that is just as important?

sorry for the rant and hi to anyone who remembers me :D

I was here 2 years ago, my first introduction to LT TFR. Like you MsBlonde, I lost about 37lbs. Keeping it off was what I was determined to do at first but after about a year I kinda took it for graNted that I'd always keep it off and I let slip by overeating!

Glad to hear that your back is OK now. Thank God you can walk again. It will probably be a while before you can exercise vigorously but getting back on LT will definitely work. Go for it!

Last edited:
Hi
What a story! you really have been through it,good luck on your new journey :)

thanks, yeah I feel I have been thrown in the river and rung out again!

hopefully things will improve pain wise after I have lost a stone or so. :)

Heya,

I am back on LT after losing an impressive 6 stone :) Then putting 2 back on and falling pregnant with 2nd little girl who is now 10 weeks old. So here i am again, 3rd week in to LT and have lost 16lb so far.
I put two stone on in pregnancy now i am trying to get back into me jeans i bought when i come off the last time :)

Hi to all the newbies and hello again to all the 2nd timers :)

Another restarter here!!

Into week 13 now and finding it fine. Nearly 4 stones gone so very happy with that.

hellooooo! restarters :)

I find it quite hard at the moment, but then again I did last time for the first two weeks, I want to eat fruit, I love fruit.

I guess if I had of eaten more fruit - rather than chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate, then I would still be enjoying fruit now, rather than the closest fruit me eating now is a strawberry shake!

I wish I could bottle this dispair and take a sip whenever I fancy chocolate again when I am at target!

Last time it took me 14 weeks to lose 38lbs, this time I have my hen day out, a weekend away, and my own wedding coming up! I cant stay on LT during that, imagine the top table, family, flowers, champange... and me and Keith with an LT shake each!

Well your wedding would certainly be different if you did that!!

I just wish I had this willpower when I was eating again. Why is it that I can do this diet without breaking it at all, yet when I was eating I just couldn't seem to control my bad habits? I wish I could transplant that willpower to eating from LT shakes.

Hellooooooooo! your piccie looks great Nick, what are you up to now?

as for bottling will power, I know exactly what you mean Bev, its much harder to diet, I think, as we can justify having this instead of that, or this bit wont hurt, i'll make up for it tomorrow etc... where on LT, we know if we break ketosis, it will be hell and hunger untill we get into ketosis again! I think that is a good deterrant.

I did have an idea last time that I never followed up on, to take a before picture surrounded by chocolate etc, and an after picture surrounded by LT packets, to remind me what I had to do to get there.

Maybe I should make that piccie card this time, to keep me on track.

also, I am reading a book called The Beck Diet solution, its not a diet system, its a brain/thought/behaviour system - it is really good, and I intend following it as I refeed (whenever that is, tomorrow the way I feel today! lol).

you can get it on amazon for about £8-9.

xxx

Hi msblonde, was fascinated to read of you been through the war with your health, and coming out the other side full of positivity, so very well done you, and I wish you the very best for your weight loss journey. Keep us posted of your progress :)

Thanks Liz, it sometimes feels like yesterday and sometimes it feels like a bad dream, I am amazed what medicine can do and feel like a walking miracle somedays.

years ago I would have been off to the Knackers yard! lol

xx

Back