Any Reason for my Small Weight Loss?

pixiepiratess

Going From Flab to FAB!
Ok so im not moaning as such, I had my first w.i last night and i lost 1.5lb! .. ok so yes i know this is a loss and i should be pleased but i thought id have lost more! ...
I dont know where i have gone wrong! ..Ive eaten LOADS of free and speed foods ... used my syns for cooking instead of chocolate! and counted everything i even had a few left before i weighed last night! .........

Im a bit ticked off ! ... any advice or anything atall to help me aim for next week?? :(

I agree that you should be pleased with a loss, but know that people usually lose a bit more on their 1st week, so know you must be dissapointed.

There are lots of fluctuations in our bodies which could be to blame- if you are sticking to plan then it will right itself next week.

Did you eat a lot of salty food before WI? Could it be that time of the month?

The important thing is to stick it out- it does work, honest!
xxxx

I'm stoked whenever I lose 1.5 lbs. It's all good! With the best will in the world, we all have some weeks that are better than others. Sometimes we lose less than we thought we should, but then other times we have a surprise big drop and have no idea why. It swings in roundabouts.

I did eat alot of carbs before i was on SW .. bread cakes etc ... also chocolate with everything, so this past week has been a complete change I never ate fruit before apart from the odd banana ... and now im eating 1 nana .. necterines strawbs grapes every day ...

thanks for replying :) xx (would the salt think make a difference?)

edit just to say no AF due x

Just because its your first week doesn't always mean a bigger weight loss....it can depend on what your eating habits were like before you started SW. For instance, if (like me!) once you made up your mind to join SW, you go on an almighty binge, then your first loss is likely to be bigger. If, however, your eating habits were pretty 'normal' beforehand then your loss is likely to be smaller.
Having said that, a 1.5lb loss is GREAT and I think you should be more than happy with it!!!

Umm my eating habits before were far from normal lol .. my average day would consist of 3 meals plus extra toast, choc, crisps, cake, more choc oh and cheesecakes at about 9.30pm at night lol ..

Dont get me wrong i am not unhappy with it just sorta thought it would be more, My other first w.is would show 4lb at least ...

If you had a big drink that wil affect your weigh in. Just think 1.5lbs per week will give you a loss of 19.5lbs in 3 months, and over 5 and a half stone in year, that's pretty tremendous i'd say. Keep up the good work and the losses will keep on coming!

There are 101 reasons that your loss isn't as much as you'd like this week. If you've stuck 100% then I'm sure you'll get a bigger (but not better as all losses are excellent) result next week. As long as you are eating all your HE's and syns everyday and not going under or over, and drinking enough water then it's probably something really trivial!

I have always found there is no rhyme nor reason to losses with SW (followed the plan on and off for many, many years!!) On absolute angelic weeks, you can have a small loss or even a maintain, yet on a 'bad' week, you can surprisingly, lose several lbs. I don't know if its all about our bodies catching up with what we may have eaten a couple of weeks ago or if it just depends on what type of free foods we have eaten...best not to question and try and keep on an even keel for maximum losses overall!

Umm my eating habits before were far from normal lol .. my average day would consist of 3 meals plus extra toast, choc, crisps, cake, more choc oh and cheesecakes at about 9.30pm at night lol ..

Dont get me wrong i am not unhappy with it just sorta thought it would be more, My other first w.is would show 4lb at least ...

Haha...when I said 'normal', I meant whatever is normal for you.
If we all ate 'normal' we wouldn't be here in the first place!

(would the salt think make a difference?)
Eating salty foods makes us retain a little more water than usual. This evens itself out in the long run, but the day before my WI I try and drink more water and avoid salty foods so that I am less likely to be retaining any excess water and so my loss/gain will be a true reflection of how I have done.

Also worth remembering that 1.5lbs is 3 packets of butter. When you are next in the supermarket, pick 3 up and think about that- amazing really!
x

It could be down to where in your monthly cycle you are. My 2nd weeks loss was bigger than the 1st week because i was suffering from water retention due to my cycle.

i have never been a big loser, in my first week i lost 1lb and there after maybe .5lb a week on the odd week i lost 1.5lb and was over the moon, i have had to resign myself to the fact that i wont lose big every week otherwise i would give up as i always have as the weight is not coming off fast enough

i have never been a big loser, in my first week i lost 1lb and there after maybe .5lb a week on the odd week i lost 1.5lb and was over the moon, i have had to resign myself to the fact that i wont lose big every week otherwise i would give up as i always have as the weight is not coming off fast enough
I have always lost an average of 1lb per week and have been doing SW since last April. Even at a low rate of loss it still adds up (check out my new 5 stone sticker as of today :D)
It all adds up!!!

That's a big problem with loosing weight, people want it to come off over night. It didn't go on over night! And while it was much less hard work putting on, the rewards are greater when it's off - you can do it, just think the hare and the tortoise!

I dont want to it come off overnight! ...........
Im just worried ive done somthing wrong or not done somthing i should have and was looking for some advice! .... Im thinking back to my other 1st losses and they have always been large losses which is why im doubting myself at the moment! ...........

The 5stone loss is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! and yes 1lb a week is 52lbs a year and its a fabby achievment :) ... and if i lose that in a yr i will be soooooo happy !

sorry hun, that was more in reponse to metrognome's post! Like I said before its probably something really trivial. You are doing really well, glad to see you are positive :)

Back