Any recipes for a chinese marinade?

I think most supermarkets sell oriental sauces just watch the Kcals, a basic check is 20kcal-1 syn so work out how many people will eat it divided into the total syn value......
I use this recipe, it's a BBQ sauce recipe.............

Pete’s Spicy BBQ sauce

Serves 4

Syn Free

Ingredients

1 onion peeled and roughly chopped (s)(sff)
1 tsp. mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz. passata (s)(sff)
3 tbsp. artificial sweetener
4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacken pepper.

Balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce that is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a BBQ.

Method

Spray a pan with fry light and sauté the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

Stir in the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Blitz with a hand blender for a finer mix.

Check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

Freezer friendly.

BBQ Sauce (Small).JPG

Thanks... Looks like I need to get myself some more balsamic vinegar, I'm getting through the stuff so fast at the moment.

My version of a chinese marinade , its pretty much the same as the diet coke chicken , i marinade ribs chicken , pork, i don't always boil it so it goes sticky i prefer it as a thick sauce:

Small bottle diet coke
Tbspn tomato puree
Tspn garlic
Tspn ginger(fresh,or minced out of a jar)
Tspn chinese five spice
Salt& black pepper
Slug of soy sauce

Sling it all in a pan , leave to infuse for a few mins , then boil it til you get the consistency you want, i add mine to chicken woth green peppers, mushroom ,

Just made this with a sliced up pork steak, absolutely gorgeous going to be making this one more often

Hi guys these both sound like great recipes. I'm thinking of doing some ribs in the slow cooker. Do you think these recipes would work well in the slow cooker?

I've found a really lovely recipe that tastes exactly like Chinese spare ribs that's super easy and cheap. It's not syn free but it's very low in syn.

This recipe makes enough for 5-6 ribs
2tbsp soy sauce
2tbsp oyster sauce
1tbsp honey
1tsp Chinese five spice
2 cloves of garlic,
0.5 tsp of fresh red chillies.

Boil it down until it's nice and sticky and add to seared pork ribs for the ultimate sticky rib taste :mm007:

Back