Any recipes for homemade houmous?

hjanea

Silver Member
I would really like to make some houmous-I have tinned chickpeas but don't know what to add to them that would be low syn or better yet syn free.
Any suggestions?
Thankyou, Helen.

This is my spicy jalapeno hummus which is free. If you want a plain one the recipe is similar, just omit the jalapenos/spices. I find plain hummus too flat and mundane without tahini though - 2 dessertspoons (4 teaspoons) of tahini is a HEXB on Green or 4.5 syns per tbsp.

You can also add roasted carrots, lentils, broad beans, beetroot, there's all sorts of things you can do with hummus, it's one of my favourite foods!! :drool: There's four or five different recipes in my diary if you scroll through and loads more if you search on here.

Generally unless its spicy like the jalapeno one I find it much better with even just a teaspoon of tahini though, which at 2 syns is minimal once you divide it up :)

this is spooky! I came on here to try and find a recipe for houmous! thanks Ermintrude

Thanks ermintrude-what a great diary you have-lots of yummy ideas. I'm going to get some tahini paste tomorrow as I don't think my DD could cope with jalapenos-I'm thinking of putting some of those pepperdew peppers in my houmous.

Back