Any recipes for homemade houmous?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by hjanea, 18 November 2011 Social URL.

1. hjanea

hjanea Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(2.33%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I would really like to make some houmous-I have tinned chickpeas but don't know what to add to them that would be low syn or better yet syn free.
    Any suggestions?
    Thankyou, Helen.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    This is my spicy jalapeno hummus which is free. If you want a plain one the recipe is similar, just omit the jalapenos/spices. I find plain hummus too flat and mundane without tahini though - 2 dessertspoons (4 teaspoons) of tahini is a HEXB on Green or 4.5 syns per tbsp.

You can also add roasted carrots, lentils, broad beans, beetroot, there's all sorts of things you can do with hummus, it's one of my favourite foods!! :drool: There's four or five different recipes in my diary if you scroll through and loads more if you search on here.

Generally unless its spicy like the jalapeno one I find it much better with even just a teaspoon of tahini though, which at 2 syns is minimal once you divide it up :)

4. dovydaitis

dovydaitis Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.2lb(6.85%)
    Diet:
    Slim&Save
    this is spooky! I came on here to try and find a recipe for houmous! thanks Ermintrude

5. hjanea

hjanea Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(2.33%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks ermintrude-what a great diary you have-lots of yummy ideas. I'm going to get some tahini paste tomorrow as I don't think my DD could cope with jalapenos-I'm thinking of putting some of those pepperdew peppers in my houmous.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.