Any THIRD timers out there?

I still haven't registered any further loss this morning and feeling a bit fed up.I keep a spreadsheet and lost 1lb last week - on Wednesday and nothing since then.

They say that with Cambridge it is impossible not to lose if you stick to it. However to be thrown by eating so little at the weekend when I didn't have my food with me (I reckon about 300 cals Friday and maybe 400 max Saturday) is a real pain.

In saying that, I spent an hour "trying on" last night and was amazed at some of the clothes which fitted.

My middle is much fatter than it was last time I was this weight - and my rear a bit smaller - oh the joys :)

Nelli
I'm sure not losing was really frustrating but it doesn't really surprise me because the packs are designed as they are and your nutrients etc would have been quite different to that. I know you couldn't do anything about the situation and I hope you get an extra big loss the next week.

I can wear my size 12 jeans today but at 6lbs more than I could last time. I don't get that either. I don't think it's water retention. The fat is coming off in the same order for me.

Meant to ask, how much did you lose in the nine weeks?
It averages out at 1.3lb per week but that includes the initial glycogen loss and that's not fat.

Hi LawyerGirl

Nothing again this morning - this is just not possible. Zilch in a week. Apart from the weekend I have been totally ss - and drinking a minimum of maybe just short of 4 litres. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday drank closer to six.

The only thing I don't always do that I have been is having four packs. I should because I am 5.9" but don't always be because more often than not - particularly on a busy day, don't think of the fourth one.

I was considering calling my CDC but worry that she may not believe I am being so good - especially when I confess to the weekend.

Having toted it all up, (calorie wise that is) I should have had a decent loss just based on that alone.

):

I think you need the four packs. I did lots of searching about people with slow losses and some people were only having two packs instead of three. So maybe this is causing the problem. Could it just be a plateau? I'd go for the four packs though.

Hi There - still stuck this morning.

Called my CDC last night. She says that this could be down to the amount of time I have spent ss'ing (I presume she meant over all and not just the past eight weeks). She suggested that I eat a bit over the next three days to help kick start my metabolism and then speak to her on Sunday.

I am a bit scared to do that. For the first five or six weeks of this gig, I was absolutely starving - however that finally stopped - also while several of the girls on one of the other threads I post on have taken short breaks of several days and then got right back on the wagon, I am not sure that I have the capability for that.

Incidentally, the "bloating" I mentioned earlier in the week seems to have gone - but with no weight loss.

Made hubby get on and off the scales to make sure they are not broken :)

Hope you are having more luck than me :)

N

Oh no Nelli. Do your scales weigh like your CDCs? Are your clothes fitting any better? A few weeks ago, I stayed just about the same for two weeks and then I had two good weeks of losses. I think upping to a higher plan is a good idea. Are you going to do SS+ or 810?

I'm having a good week. I should be 3lbs down by Saturday.

Got to go now but will catch up later. xx

Hi Glad you are having a good week.

I did eat a small meal last night - but I really don't want to do this, and would far rather ss all the way. Still the same this morning.

Unfortunately my scales are correct.

Hope you make the 3lb.

Nelli

So why don't you just do 4 shakes like you should be on or 4 shakes and milk? I'm doing SS+ and I love it. Don't give up. I know it's frustrating but the numbers will go down if you stick at it (just not always overnight ;))

:wave_cry: Any THIRD timers out there who want to share information such as the statistics of this time vs that time/s and plans for making sure there isn't a FOURTH time !

Nelli

I'm an 8th timer Lol. And I don't just mean doing it for a few days 7 times previously, I have actually got to goal 7 times previously - not the best advert for maintenance me! :)

Hi LG

Did another very small meal last night - so that is me ready to totally ss again. I am going to stick to four packs. I did 4 all the way through LL the first time round, and then three all the way through CD the second. It made not a single whit of difference.

I should add that some days I don't even think about the fourth one and only realise when I've got extra packs left over. Plan on leaving them out in the morning.

My exercise has been zilch - other than some walking - but mainly because I don't have a whole lot of enrgy (missing packs won't help I know). Going to get my bike out now the snow seems to finally have gone :)

Incidentally this morning still weight exactly the same in spite of the little bit of food.

Have a good weekend.

Nelli

Last edited:
Hi Big H

Welcome to our thread - there seems to be just the two of us now.

How much weight have you put back on each time? Maintainence is I think the real issue and one I have been thrawling through the threads reading up on.

Have you had any problems with not losing when you get back on ss?

Hi Hoping to LoseBig

Welcome back to the CD fold and good luck. So far lost 31lbs in 8 weeks - slower than the first / second times but getting there. Really slowed down over the past fortnight.

Nelli

Hi Big H

Welcome to our thread - there seems to be just the two of us now.

How much weight have you put back on each time? Maintainence is I think the real issue and one I have been thrawling through the threads reading up on.

Have you had any problems with not losing when you get back on ss?

Hiya,

I lost a bit over 7 stone first time and it took me a year to put 4 stone back on, which I then lost again on SS. Since then I have gained between 1.5 and 3.5 stones on about 6 occasions. I never have trouble losing and I am able to maintain for a few months, but it's when a few pounds go back on, I feel like I've failed and go into self destruct mode and completely binge.

I always to SS, followed by 1 week 790, 1 week 1000 and then several weeks of 1500

Good luck to you

Hi Big H

That is my story exactly - I lost 69lb and then in a year and a bit put most of it back on. I managed to maintain for a short while, then slowly put a little on and before I knew where I was things had speeded up and I was nearly back where I started.

That took me to about eighteen months down the line and disgusted with myself lost another 54lb to take me back to more or less where I'd been. Again, maintained for a little while, put it back on even slower, and then wham another 3 stone.

Never did reach the weight I would like to be at - fell short by about 14lb, and that is where I am - hopefully - heading now.

So far, I've lost 31lb but no movement on the scales for almost two weeks - something that NEVER happened either of the other times. On the advice of my CDC, I had light meals for the past days, and now this morning, straight back on ss.

I know well the feeling of "self destruct", hopefully well enough to beat it this time :)

I think this site is brilliant, because of the like minded people you "meet".

Nelli

Last edited:
Back