Any thoughts???

atchonblimp21

I have and always have had a problem with overeating and eating to the point of being uncomfortably full and I will still want to eat something even when I'm stuffed. I couldn't understand it. I knew I was full but wanted more.

Now I have lost 4 stone! and no doubt my stomach has shrunk more now, so my body is telling me that I don't need all this food but my mind isn't following. I can't get my head around it, it keeps telling me that I must eat more!!!

How to fix this...I just don't know. It has taken willpower to help me to lose weight over the past years. But how do i truely fix this? ...because if I don't I will end up straight back where I was.

Any thoughts, even if you think I'm talking a load of rubbish (which perhaps I am ;) ) lol

Last edited:
just me thinking aloud with this...........

maybe there is some more deep rooted cause for this??? is there any trigger point in time that you can pin point the start of the over eating to??

maybe if this a mental rather than physical (which as you say you feel full but your head says you need more, it is mental problem) some sort of councelling could help, there is bound to be something that has caused this. You have obviously done great on losing 4stone ( well done) but yet there is still some mental block on when your full, that you should then stop. It would be awful after all your hard work for the weight to go back on.

Some CBT type therapy could help, to retrain your brain thoughts over the eating???

For me, it's boredom. If I'm busy I'm fine but once the kids are in bed it's all I can think about, even if I'm stuffed to the rafters.
I've decided I'm going to start meal planning, including snacks. I find it easier if fir instance I know I can have a biccie and a cuppa at 9 rather than having it as soon as I think about it and then an hour later wanting something else.

I can eat a relatively normal-sized meal and be satisfied, but the second I think about chocolate, I have to have some no matter how full I am!
There's only so much willpower a person can have! Maybe try hypnotheraphy or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), that could help!

Hiya Atchonblimp21 firstly WOW you have done amazingly to have lost 4st! Well done you, and if you've been battling yourself the whole time in trying to get there then all the more credit to you!!

I tend to agree with the others, it may be something more that just the normal overeating. Perhaps CBT or hypnotherapy may help. Have you tried 'google-ing' it.... I saw a programme a while ago about this very thing. It was about people who just didn't know when to stop eating. What you said "......my body is telling me that I don't need all this food but my mind isn't following." reminded me of it straight away. It maybe worth investigating cos like the others said it would be devastating to have lost all that weight only to start gaining it back.

Also I know it sounds silly but what about a hobby.... when your mind is occupied you don't get the opportunity to think about food until you are actually hungry. Maybe think about the things you like doing, if you're creative you could start making your own Christmas cards.... something you can do in spare moments, or get yourself a really juicy book, or what about doing a cross stitch.... I started doing a Winnie the Pooh alphabet cross stitch when I was pregnant..... I have yet to finish it and err..... she's 12 now!! Hope my rambling has been of some help hun and good luck xx

Back