Any tips for boosting your immune system?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm starting a Primary PGCE (teacher training, I know not everyone knows what a PGCE is!) in September so I'll be spending half the year in primary schools surrounded by kids carrying all sorts of germs. It's a pretty well known fact that teachers are fairly prone to colds etc. because of it but just wondering what can be done to prevent it as much as possible. I have Asthma so I know that if I get a cold and it goes to my chest, it can take me weeks to get rid of it. I'm fully prepared for the fact that colds and stuff are things that I'm just going to have to deal with but I would like to try and give my body the best chance possible to fight it all.

I've just bought some multivitamins, do have a fairly balanced diet and try to get in exercise regularly, but is there anything else that anyone knows of or has tried that has really helped? I know there's a whole bunch of immune system boosting products out there and whilst I don't mind buying them if they'll help, I don't want to waste my money on something that won't actually help. So any advice or tips appreciated!

Someone else just posted about echinacea and had a google about it as I'd never heard of it, definitely seems worth a try! Thanks :)

Back