Any tips for going on holiday......

Wannabethin1979

Hi,

I am going on holiday on Friday for 2 weeks in Cornwall. I am going with DH, DS1, DS2, DD, my dad, step-mum, half bro (19) and half sis (17).

Any tips for trying to stick to plan with only a few holiday treats? My problem is that we always go with them and we eat crap after crap which wasn't an issue for me and DH but now it will be as we are both doing so well losing weight and we want to keep it off for life.

My step mum is very overweight (24 stone) and so are my bro and sis (bro is about 17 stone & sis I know is (15.7 stone), they are happy with the way they are so fair enough, thats up to them but since they have found out about me being in SW they keep trying to sabotage it !

Any tips to what I can say to them without causing offence or an argument?

TIA

Jenny

8 weeks on SW and 23lb lighter :)

This is difficult!
Do u eat out or make meals together??

Hmmmm.....
Tesco by me has pasta n sauces on offer. U could make a big pot of that and have like a pizza hut stle buffet!
Pop jacket potatoes in the oven one night, big pan of beans, meats, salad, cheese (for them and yr HxA) and again let everyone help themselves.
Make SW lasagne? Chilli? Spag bol? Curry? - all these food disguise themselves as non-diet foods!
Other option is u take stuff for in yr room that u can just eat to fill yrself up on then dont eat as much with them??
Try encourage lots of walks etc to up the body magic too!
I'm sure you will do fine tho and remember you are on holiday! if it's something you do every year just think about how skinny you'll be by next holiday! x

Well done on the amazing weightloss so far! I would say try to stick to sw most days and have a meal once or twice a week out using flexi syn. Many associate cooking. with chores and being at home but if you make holiday slimming world food like bbq, kebabs..etc and have easysavoury rice and mugshot noodles then hopefully it won't be too bad. but is say be clear to them that you're planning to stick to sw asuch as loss and that they should feel ftee to go ouy to eat .

Thank you for your replies.

I'm gonna stick to my guns and sod um, lol - this is my lifestyle change, if they don't like it then they can lump it lol

Thanks again x

Back