any tips for shrinking a mummy tummy?

lilpixiesue

I am doin Slimming World and loving it, have lost 11.5lb in 7 weeks and only 6lb to target which means getting to my pre babies weight!
I am so pleased with my weight loss and people are notiing, i have dropped a dress size already etc.

But my tummy is still enormous! I do a lot of walking and do an exercise class once or twice a week if I can. And I try and drink lots of water.
Any other tips? it is a little disheartening to have lost weight but look in the mirror and still see a pregnant lookin belly!!

How old is your baby? I have 4 and the youngest is 15 months and i still have a mummy tummy!! Its not even just excess skin, its a proper pot belly!! LOL. I am a stone lighter now than i was before having kids too, the belly just isnt shifting! Sorry i have no tips. Im hoping that with time my weight distributes more evenly and the pot will get a bit flatter. My middle 2 kids had a 3 year age gap and i remember my belly being alot flatter before getting pregnant with number 3, hope it doesnt take another year to shrink this time!! xxx

Have you tried any abdominal exercises, I have tried in the past Davina the power of three and had great results in toning my skin up :) I am also got a tummy but slowly shreaking. I do walking a lot but can't manage much more at the moment due to bad mental health problems. Good luck anyways x

How old is your baby? I have 4 and the youngest is 15 months and i still have a mummy tummy!! Its not even just excess skin, its a proper pot belly!! LOL. I am a stone lighter now than i was before having kids too, the belly just isnt shifting! Sorry i have no tips. Im hoping that with time my weight distributes more evenly and the pot will get a bit flatter. My middle 2 kids had a 3 year age gap and i remember my belly being alot flatter before getting pregnant with number 3, hope it doesnt take another year to shrink this time!! xxx

erm.. the "baby" is 18 months :eek: i have a proper big round belly, it's just not going away!!! I'd love to think one day I could wear a bikini again but it is looking unlikely!!

Lol I have 2 and my "baby" is 20 months and my belly is so flabby.
Have to do something as well!

its not just saggy skin and flab, i feel so bloated all the time, like a proper preggy belly! i guess i am just hopin with more weight loss the belly will go?!

my little one is 14 months and i weigh less now before i had her but my tummy is the same, its my problem area. I too feel bloated and im on my 2nd week on sw and exercising so much more to get rid i get married in sept and my dress is stunning but dont want to look pregnant!!

Hi I had baby number 5, 18 months ago. I have lost 4 stone since then but for a long time tummy felt flabby. Had tightened up now. Think it just takes your skin abut longer to catch up. Just give it time x

Try the 30 Day Shred! That has helped my baby belly melt away! I have even been getting compliments on how flat my tummy is now!(actually shocked but pleased when it happens!!) My baby is 19 months old, and I started when the baby was 16 months old!! Good luck!!!xx

Hi, I held a lot of my weight on my tummy (and its not a mummy tummy!). I've found that I've lost weight from everywhere else first, but now it is going from my tummy, and I am trying to tone up as I go along. If you search online, there is a programme called 8 minute abs, which I do every night and it is definitely helpling.

My tummy is also the thing that upsets me most about my body! I cant blame my son as hes now 5, but I think ill try the 8minute ab thing ^^^ Dont want to jump someones post but any advice on toning up the bingo wingos?? :) xx

Back