Any Tips

Tami

Hiiii

I really need to lose weight due to medical reasons and i can't afford going to classes any tips

Do you know the basics of the plan :)

see your doctor and they may send you there on the NHS voucher scheme..
If your BMI is over 30 and your local health authority is taking part that is, as not all of them do..

join and go to the first class, that at least will give you a starting reference for your weight and the info and starter pack so you have the basic book..
might be worth grabbing a food directory while you're there and possibly one or both of the smaller pocket books that have free foods / snacks and a list of healthy extras etc..

Hi i have the starter pack i got it from a friend but i don't know where to start
I need advice and support please.

coljack my BMI is 31 but my GP thinks i can do it without a group and only people with threatening health risk get the vouchers

Hiya

If you've not had a look, the below link is really helpful with getting an understanding of the SW Plan.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/100149-slimming-world-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Personally I found that it was best to concentrate on understanding one part of the plan ie Extra Easy and once I got to grips of the plan I then looked at Red/Green.

My other tips iare

- Use your syns,
- Eat till your full or if you find this difficult work on trying smaller portions and if you are still hungry after your meal go back for seconds
- Try and follow the 1/3 superfree food where possible
- Read this site and dont be afraid to ask questions as this place is a fountain of knowledge

I'm sure you will get loads of tips

Is there anything in particular you have a query over?

thanks for the link its great, i just don't understand how i can eat as much as i can of rice and pasta it doesn't sound right??? my friend started doing SW 2 months ago and she didn't lose anything and i think because she use to have lots of pasta and rice

^^^^^^Cheeky^^^^^
tried to rep you, but I need to spread it around a bit. Great advice :)

thanks for the link its great, i just don't understand how i can eat as much as i can of rice and pasta it doesn't sound right??? my friend started doing SW 2 months ago and she didn't lose anything and i think because she use to have lots of pasta and rice

It really depends if your friend is doing Green or EE.

If she is doing EE and isnt including the 1/3 rule then losses are not guarentee. I know personally when i first did EE I never had fruit/veg and never got a loss

Since following the 1/3 rule, my losses are more likely to happen.

I am not the greatest explaining the technical side of SW. But the idea is that you eat till your full/satisfied and you eat when you are hungry. All the 'free foods' we are allowed to eat freely till full are low in calorie but will fill you up longer. Therefore you dont need to eat so much food (as your full) which then follows you consume less calories in a day

Hope this makes sense lol

there a quite a few good threads on here generally as stickies have a read of these, they will explain a lot, ones called common misconceptions of sw, there's a tips one (different to the one above).
I suggest you start a food diary then we can all help out

If you're not eligible for free classes it might be worth just joining for the first week, get the books and then don't go back and use Minimins for support, failing that you can buy the starter packs on Ebay.

thx everyone for the great advices i will start a food dairy from tomorrow so you can check what im eatting. As I mentioned earlier i got the starter pack i had a good read of it today and hopefully tomorrow will be the day

You cant eat JUST rice or Pasta though, you have to have at least 1/3 of "super foods" with it, They are mainly fruit and veggies, I think its this that fills you so you cant over do on rice.

I was sceptical at first and even after more than 3 months still cant believe how much I can eat and still lose weight

i don't really know what she was having but i know she didn't lose any weight.

I posted a food diary can anyone have a look and tell us if im eating ok

1. Eat your meals in this order ( mostly.. :) )
Veg ( superfree stuff )
Meat / poultry / quorn type stuff
Pasta / rice / 'taters etc ( carbs )..
that way when you're full you're not leaving all the superfree veg after having had all the carbs..

2. Plate up only 2/3 of what you cook ( for yourself and whoever else is on the plan in your houshold )...
If you are satisfied eating that then you're not tempted / driven to clear your plate just because it's there..
If you're still hungry then you can go for "seconds"..
If you don't eat it for seconds, you can chill / freeze it for a quick meal / snack at a later date..

Back