any vegetarians on atkins?

Tamzy1989

Gold Member
I'm sick off eggs and would love to start enjoying my breakfast again.

can anyone plz give me some brekkie ideas:mad:

thanks in advance x

have you tried the mims or oopsies ?! apparently they are really nice?! and you can have like cheesy ones or something for brekkie. . . i've not tried them but would like too. think there is a sticky about it on here xxx

ive been meaning to try thm but i still havent gone to holland and barratt yet to buy the flax seeds. i really need to try it so i can make a nice toasty sandwich out of it.

thanks em x

i really want to try it! but like you i havent been anywhere to be able to get the ingredients! but im going to try them maybe in a week or so :)

xxx

You can get flaxseed (aka linseed) from Tesco or Sainsburys. You can either get it ready milled or whole and grid it yourself. I've heard that buying it whole is better because sometimes the ground stuff goes rancid on the shelf. You can usually find the milled stuff with all the wheat free/ gluten free stuff, or the whole seeds near the ground almond, etc. in the home baking section.

As for the breakfast, if you like smoked salmon, it's lovely rolled with cream cheese inside. I have that for brekkie sometimes. I know some people even have leftovers from the night before.

thanks msrsimpkins!! :)! im going to look at the stickies and get some recipes now!! and then when i go and do food shopping it will be on my list :) xxx

thanks mrs r.:Di love salmon and it sounds lovely with cream cheese. i thought i could only get the flax from the healthfood store, im going sainsburys tomorrow to pick some up. x

Hi I am on owl phase now and love full fat Greek yogurt with a few blueberries and a tablespoon of Atkins crunchy muesli, lovely :)

I bought the Rose Elliot low carb veggie dietbook & cookbook & just used the recipes. It's a great book & there is a fab granola recipe in there.

Back