Any vegetarians trying to do SW at home?

brigga

Hello - newbie to this site..... so glad i found it and registered

Ive just turned veggie, although still debating fish. I first joined SW as a group member 4 years ago and sucessfully lost 1.5st in 4 months on Red and Green days with the odd EE chucked in at weekends. I moved house to a different area and the weight crept back so decided to join my local group in 2011 and again in 2012.

On both occasions i gave up pretty quickly after being told that I MUST do EE and got lectures on 1/3 superfree! I didnt gel with the consultant and found the club overcrowded with a few really annoying self-rituous members. I also struggled with EE and 1/3 superfree.... superfree got so expensive and i was forever at tne supermarket!

I really want to try again but this time from home with your support. Im worried about how much the books have changed since June 2012? I could go back to class to register just to get the new books but would feel thats a bit rude! I havent got the money just yet to sign up on line and i dont fancy paying ebay prices.

Is there anyone on here in the same situation? I will be doing the Green plan using 2012 books. I might have the odd EE day for fish....

Also, are there any group members who can put my mind at ease with regards to the new book changes?

Id love to hear from any 'old school' Green supporters...... ie before everything became 1/3 Superfree!!

Thanks x

I'm a veggie doing green days but I go to group - I was positively encouraged to try green by my C and I stick to them all the time. If you eat fish then you are a pescatarian so I can understand why your C might have suggested EE as that would probably make more sense for someone who eats fish? As a strict veggie what I eat on green and EE would be exactly the same - only difference is the extra HEXs which I do rely on now. So I see it that if I did EE I would be eating exactly the same food but diddling myself out of two HEXs lol ;)

The 1/3 superfree thing is clarified in the new pack - it never was 'mandatory' and nothing has changed but it is now explained a bit better maybe? SW recommend that you do eat 1/3 superfree but only if it makes sense with the meal, i.e no need to add veg to beans on toast for example if you don't want to.

Going to group really helps me massively and I love sharing recipes even though I am the only veggie at group. Made some good friends there too. Is it worth trying a different group? If you do want to do it at home though you'll get plenty of support on here too. x

I do SW from home & have the old books from 2009/2010, but get most of my information & advice from this site. I do a mix of all 3 plans & sounds as tho you could as well.....if you're going to have fish have a RED day, GREEN day as normal & EE if you fancy something like SW fish & chips!

Hello

I am doing the diet from home (in Greece so no clubs to visit) using the on-line membership. I only started last week and had my first weigh-in today, I lost 1.7kg & I am doing EE. I eat fish maybe once a week but the rest if the week I eat vegetarian food. I rely a lot on TVP mince as I can not get Quorn or anything like it. I find the 1/3 superfood easy to follow but then again I haven't tried the green days - maybe I should if it means more cheese! I miss crisps the most :(

Hello

I am doing the diet from home (in Greece so no clubs to visit) using the on-line membership. I only started last week and had my first weigh-in today, I lost 1.7kg & I am doing EE. I eat fish maybe once a week but the rest if the week I eat vegetarian food. I rely a lot on TVP mince as I can not get Quorn or anything like it. I find the 1/3 superfood easy to follow but then again I haven't tried the green days - maybe I should if it means more cheese! I miss crisps the most :(

Sounds like you're doing great so far! And you can still have crisps, just use your syns for them. No need to miss out :) x

When I first started SW it was all Original and Green days (and Syns were still spelt Sins and well!) I always stuck to Green , and even now do mostly Green days even though I'm not Vegetarian. I do SW from home using the old books and this site.

Hello

If you are eating mainly a vegetarian diet, why dont you follow Green as it means you could have 4 Hex's?

If you are eating mainly a vegetarian diet, why dont you follow Green as it means you could have 4 Hex's?
Hi Kim, I have only just started and because I am an online member EE was the only option recommended to start with. I might investigate Green days if I start to find I'm struggling with EE...

Back