Any Veteran LL'ers out there.....?

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Hi peeps

I am hoping someone who has been all the way through LL see's this and can shed some light.

Just wondering what bread did to you? Week before last was bread week - one of the triggers - and my weight spiked like crazy! The only change was the addition of bread. I had the reccomended amoun, 5 of th 7 days and put on 8 pounds!!!

I felt immediately bloated after having it, so I am wondering if that plus the spike in weight means I am wheat intolerant? I know there is no allergy as I was not ill - but perhaps I am intolerant to the stuff??

I ommitted it completely this past week and feel less bloated, well not bloated at all anymore, so I am anxious to see what the scales say.

ITs frustrating, as I did not do anything untoward! And it was not CHristmas week, it was the week before.

SO - any experiences would be great to hear about.

Blippen bread. I may have to give it up if that's what it does to me!

Look forward to hearing some advise and experience from you guys!!

Thank you!

xx

Hi BL,

Pasta does the same to me, if I have a normal portion for dinner I can be between 4 - 6 pounds heavier the next day :eek:

I stick to granary bread but only really eat bread at the weekends for breakfast.

The most amazing thing to me is that I have managed to put on a stone but it goes again in a week. I am trying to figure out what it is that makes my weight jump around so manically.
The only thing I have done (not done) in the last two months was exercise, I hurt my hip so couldn't do much.

I have looked at your food diary, you are lucky I cannot eat nearly what you eat, the amounts I eat are very small.

For eg:
Breakfast is usually oats so simple 1 sachet with skimmed milk or two weetabix with skimmed milk.
Lunch is a soup from Pret or a weight watchers one or Quorn shepherds pie. If I have soup I have two slices of weight watchers bread with it with a laughing cow triangle on it.
Dinner is a piece of protein and veg.
Once a week I will have two Oreo cookies with a cup of tea in the afternoon. Or if I am feeling like something sweet the no sugar jelly in the evenings.
With some luck it will be better when I hit the gym again from next week. Looking forward to it.

Also meant to add. Christmas was the most off plan meal I have had in a year I really did :17729::eatdrink023: And hilariously I weigh less today than I did on Christmas morning. WEIRD.

It's strange isn't it, not a food I know but if I take paracetomol I weigh 2lbs heavier the next day.

Tange that doesn't seem alot to eat at all hun xx

Its all wierd!

Today is my LAST DAY on RTM!!! <whhhooooo hoooo!> so, as we had some stuff left over fro our Xmas party last week, I had 3 pringles - just to taste them.

Oh my god! Within 15 minutes I had the WORST stomach pains EVER!!!! So - that is a great reenforcement to keep eating pure whole foods. Its so much better.

Honestly - my tum went all doo-laly, like it never has. So strange - something I used to posion myself with quitehappily, now really DOES feel like poison!!!

Glad for that though - another won;t be passing my lips. I knew that going in - but that reaffirms.

Tange - are ou eating that light, and still gained a stone?? :( Or am I reading that wrong??

I wonder, really, just how long it takes for our metabolisms to really stabilize. Do you think that has t do with it?

No the stone snuck up on me while I was on holiday....naughty me. Its all gone again bar 1 nasty little pound still hanging in there. My weight goes up and down so drastically that I now just check if my one pair of jeans fit (they do not stretch) if they do then I don't worry too much.

It does seem that I am eating too little I should probably try and take it up somewhat.

It must be so hard to find an amount that's right for you. I think it's important to eat enough. I say this cos I was dieting pretty heavily a couple of years ago and wasn't really losing anything. I joint weight watchers and was staggered by the amount of stuff I could eat in a day and still be within my points allowance. About 3 months later, I'd lost two stone.

I guess the body does tend to retain as much as it can if it feels you're not eating enough....

Just wanted to stick my tuppence worth in: I don't eat wheat bread at all now. I had the same reaction as BL - bloating and other unpleasantness that went on for a couple of days. I have a slice of rye bread, which is lower GI than wheat if I have a sandwich or toast these days.
Linze

BL have just been reading your comments about bread and wondered if you had tried it again since finishing RTM? (congratulations on that by the way) Bread used to big a big downfall for me but always made me feel bloated and I have often wondered if I am intolerance and may even decide to avoid it altogether when I start RTM.

Hi Med

Since the bread debacle, I waited a week and a half and had one slice of wheat toast. THere was no problems then. SO, I think the key for me with bread, is little, and infrequently. Sadly - but hey - it could be worse!!

And I have yet to try the Rye and other typs of flour breads yet. :)

Thank you, and good luck to you - you anre nearly there and looks like you have done brillinat too!! :)

Back