ANYBODY ELSE???

SO MUCH TO LOSE!

Must do it this time
I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE HAVE HIDDEN YOUR WEIGHT FROM YOUR PARTNERS/OH/DH???
I REFUSE TO DISCLOSE MY START WEIGHT OR MY WEIGHT NOW TO HIM AS IM SOOOOO EMBARRASSED AS TO HOW I LET MY SELF GO.:cry:I KNOW HE LOVES ME NO MATTER WHAT BUT I CANT BRING MYSELF TO TELL HIM,ANYONE ELSE THE SAME?????
ELAINE X

im fine with telling my o/h but feel shameful everytime it comes up in convo with my mum!!! by the way this is prob very dense but what is d/h?? xx

no one and I mean no one except my CDC knows my real weight! The shame and embarassement would kill me :eek:

Darling Husband,its Used Alot On Here!!!!
Im The Opposite Hun,ive Told My Mum,but Feel Soooo Ashamed When Telling Oh(other Half)i Was 19st 4lb Starting At My Heaviest,im Now 15st 4lb But Will Be Keeping My Lips Sealed For The Forseeable Future!!!
Elaine X

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE HAVE HIDDEN YOUR WEIGHT FROM YOUR PARTNERS/OH/DH???
I REFUSE TO DISCLOSE MY START WEIGHT OR MY WEIGHT NOW TO HIM AS IM SOOOOO EMBARRASSED AS TO HOW I LET MY SELF GO.:cry:I KNOW HE LOVES ME NO MATTER WHAT BUT I CANT BRING MYSELF TO TELL HIM,ANYONE ELSE THE SAME?????
ELAINE X

I have been with my fiance almost 5 yrs now and i never ever disclosed my weight to him until i started this, (i could feel my face going red telling him) but, its good in a way coz he has 3 stone to lose and is switching from lighter life to cambridge on thurs so we will be able to support each other.

debs x

1st target get to 10 stone!!
2nd target get to goal weight - 9 stone

Wk1 - 7.2lbs
Wk2 - 3lbs (TOTM)

I'm with you on that one - have never admitted my weight to him. Very ashamed of it and can't bring myself to tell him just how high it is. Doubt I'll tell him what I weigh when I reach my goal weight either because he will be able to add on the number of stones I lost and work out my start weight! ;)

Doubt I'll tell him what I weigh when I reach my goal weight either because he will be able to add on the number of stones I lost and work out my start weight! ;)
GOD IM THE SAME HUN,EVERY WEEK HE ASKS ME HOW MUCH IS THAT NOW AND ILL TELL HIM BUT THEN HE DELVES A LITTLE DEEPER AND THATS WHEN I TELL HIM HES PUSHING IT TOO FAR ON THE LOOKING INFORMATION BIT,
ELAINE X

I wouldnt tell my other half

absolutely no danger

he is a gym freak with a very toned body and here is me a chubby checker

no i wouldnt tell him my real weight

WK1 (low carb diet in preparation) - 7lbs :D
Wk2 - 7lbs :D
WOW ENOUGHISENOUGH YOUR DOING FAB!!!!

My hubby worked it out when I told him I had lost 10% of my body weight!!!

My hubby worked it out when I told him I had lost 10% of my body weight!!!
MY LAD WOULD BE STILL THERE NEXT WEEK TRYING TO FIGURE THAT 1 OUT LOL!!!!

I do not mean to be judgmental or offend but if like me you are overweight (or were overweight when you started CD) the fact that you are overweight is obvious to others - whatever the numbers are on the scale won't change the fact one is overweight. What I am saying it the numbers on the scales won't make a difference - one will still be overweight. I completely understand if people choose not to disclose weight to anyone, even husband/wives/other halves but I found when I finally told my husband my weight he was very supportive and said that extra weight I was carrying was visible and by not disclosing my weight didn't hide the fact I was overweight/fat! (let me add we were discussing my fat issues, I was tearful etc. and he discussed this frankly on openly with me). I found it helped me to accept I was overweight - like a confession and that is what helped me lose 22 pounds to date. I am an obsessive weigher and I weigh every day (I know i shouldn't but it helps me focus) and the funny thing is my 4 year old son has noticed and always asks me " what are your numbers mummy?" I tell him and explain that is a little bit smaller and he tells me well done mummy!

elaine, i was 15 n a half stone when i met dp and well that gradually went up to 20.6 he never knew what weight i was but i told him when i started this diet. he's been really supportive and says he cudnt care less about what i weigh but its obvious im overweight. my family know aswell just parents and sisters but no one else or ever will know!

I've been with my OH since school (met him when I was 15). Until I was 21 I was a size 10/12 and weighed between 10 and 10 and a half stone. Gradually over the last 10 years, the weight has crept on and on!! I NEVER told him my weight - just sooooo ashamed of the amount. I knew he and everyone around me knew I was over weight - at 22 stone its hard to hide!! I actually told him my starting weight last week - and I feel so much better for it. I only felt ready to tell him due to the fact that I could say this is WHAT i USED to weigh. At the start of CD there is no way on earth I could have told him or anyone my weight - I just felt so crap about myself!!! Not any more though!!

Kj xxx

(whatever the numbers are on the scale won't change the fact one is overweight. What I am saying it the numbers on the scales won't make a difference - one will still be overweight.)QUOTE FROM KIRA
I TOTALLY AGREE THAT THE NUMBERS DONT MAKE A DIFFERENCE BUT TO ME I THINK SAYING IT OUT LOUD IS A BIG FACTOR FOR ME AS IT MAKES IT MORE REAL,ALSO I THINK THAT IF I FAILED THEN I SAY TO MYSELF THAT I DOESNT MATTER `COS NOBODY KNOWS WHAT I WEIGH,STUPID I KNOW BUT THATS JUST THE WAY I AM!!!!
MY OH THINKS IM ABOUT 1 AND HALF TO 2 STONE LIGHTER THAN WHAT I AM,AND THAT SUITS ME JUST FINE,AS THE SAYING GOES THE LESS MEN KNOW THE BETTER!!!!!
ELAINE X

No way would I tell him. If he has any idea he certainly hasn't said so. I tell him my loss every week but he doesn't know what I started at. The truth is I'm still heavier than he is and it feels awful. When I get weighed in the morning I move the scales from his side of the bed where they are kept round to mine so he doesn't see my weight as it flashes up. Sad ..... I know. He's so supportive and happy I'm losing the weight and keeps saying how nice I look yet I still don't ever want him to know how much I weigh right now. I might tell him one day when I'm a Skinny Minnie though :)

Jan xx

I totally inderstand where you're coming from Elaine.
The only person that knows my weight is my cdc and even that took alot of courage.
It is more the embarrasment that I allowed myself to get that big.
I don't think my OH would even believe me if I told him my weight, as I don't think men have any concept of how much women weigh.

Your Soooo Right Janny,he Thinks That Now Ive Lost 4 St That I Must Have **** All Left To Lose But The Reality Is Much More Different.
I Have Posted My Heaviest Weight On Here But Thats Different As I Know No One On Here Knows Me And Even If They Did They Wouldnt Know It Was Me(if That Makes Sense,`cos Of My Username).im Ashamed Too And Thats Just The Long And Short Of It To Be Honest.
Oh Started Taxi Work Approx 9 Mnths Ago(LATE NIGHTS ALONE) And I Went Of The Ciggies A Year Ago,no Excuse I Know But I Think Thats What Happened Me...............who Am I Kidding Ive Been Overweight A Long Time Before That!!!!!

Back