ANYBODY ELSE???

I never told DH until we went to Slimming World together a few years ago. I was so embarrassed because I weighed more than him and he's 6 foot. Since then I added a few more stone but didn't tell him. When I started CD I told him outright after I had lost a stone; he was really lovely and is very supportive.

DH says that he loves me whatever size I am and that it has never made any difference to him what I weighed because he loves me. That didn't exactly fill me with motivation, but then he said that he wanted me to be healthy and for that I must lose weight which has been my incentive really.

Nobody other than DH and my CDC know my weight, people can guess and they always get it completely wrong and under-estimate widely which means that I can't look as bad as I feel I suppose, but I'm not going to correct them am I?

I don't think that anyone should feel as though they have to tell others about their weight, it is very painful admitting it I know, but once the confidence comes back then maybe you'll feel that you want to share it.

I can't imagine telling anyone that I'm doing CD to be honest as I feel ashamed that I couldn't 'sort it out' conventionally. Only DH knows about it, and I take the most amazing measures to hide it from the rest of the family.

Each to their own, I say ;)

My CDC knows, my partner knows, and my best friend who was going to start, but then wimped out lol. i would never tell my parents, or my son, but yet strangely i have no problem with the minimins crew knowing!!! lol

but once the confidence comes back then maybe you'll feel that you want to share it.
I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT,WHEN I REACH MY GOAL THEN I THINK I WILL TELL PEOPLE WHAT I WAS BUT NOT BEFORE HAND,I COULDNT BARE IT,AND I KNOW HE IS SO SUPPORTIVE AND TELLS ME ALL THE TIME HOW GREAT IM LOOKING I STILL CANT DO IT.
LIKE SO MANY OF YOU I WEIGH MORE THAN HIM(HE KNOWS THIS MUCH,AND HES A LITTLE UNDER 13 ST)IT JUST SEEMS THAT THE WORDS GEWT STUCK AND DONT WANT TO COME OUT!!!!

I'm not embarassed to tell others my weight, not that the convo comes up that much, but i don't see the point in trying to hide it. People have eyes... and can have a fairly good guess at how much you weigh anyway. Might as well be honest about it and save them the bother. But each to their own... :)

Don't think about it Elaine, it doesn't matter really does it? It's a little something that you feel better off keeping to yourself, it's hardly an affair or a love child is it ;) Besides, if I wasn't on a diet I would never have told DH my weight. I went for 10 years without telling him what I weighed, it wasn't necessary and to be honest I don't feel the need to share every detail of my body with him so why should it be any different when dieting :D God some of my friends tell their husbands when they have a period, when they are constipated etc and all manner of 'personal' details. As much as I love DH there is no way that I would tell him any of those things, I could barely bring myself to tell him when I thought I was in labour in case I was over-reacting :D We women are strange creatures aren't we?

Hi Elaine, great post!! I would'nt dare tell anybody my real weight, I would cringeeeeeeeee if they knew thr truth, and I don't think I will ever tell them :(

I would'nt tell anyone, that's between me and the only other person that knows the real truth my Doctor and the surgery staff looking for a good laugh.

Maureen4200040

it's hardly an affair or a love child is it ;) God some of my friends tell their husbands when they have a period, I could barely bring myself to tell him when I thought I was in labour in case I was over-reacting :D We women are strange creatures aren't we?
LOL,LOL HUN YOUR RIGHT I DONT STRESS OVER THIS AT ALL REALLY JUST WONDERING IF I WAS ALONE ON THIS ONE,YOU ARE RIGHT WE ARE AS STRANGE AS THEY COME,IN A GOOD WAY THOUGH!!!!

Apparently, according to research, LOL when we are with our partners, or in a relationship, we tend to let ourselves go. I read somewhere that we are more inclined to be content weight/food wise when we have a partner as opposed to living the single life? Research showed that because we were in a relationship, we felt comfortable knowing that our partner would be satisfied and happy with the way we were....I think to a certain extent that is very true. Partners will sometimes say they love us the way we are, but only you yourself know ur overweight and need to do something about it... your choice really if u wanna disclose dietary info to ur partner, I personally have. No point in hiding it if he can see it I suppose...

Yep, been there!

Although he does now know how much I weigh, (hurrah, less then him) I certainly wouldn't let him know at the beginning.

I feel your pain but feel positive hun, you are doing something that will be life changing! Be proud!

most of family know and my work colleagues. i think i must look smaller tahn i weigh if you know what i mean , 11 st 9 but a sz 16 id reasonably loose. i have small top from waist up , but i have a massive backside and thighs, and i have never owned slim ankles or calves !!!! bit of a gut but im not sure that will completely flatten as 4 c sections and hysterctomy all in same place, belly almost hangs over the scar !!!! nice. doesnt seem to bother my hubby though , i think hes worried i loose the boobs ive got and there nothing to shout about ....... oh for a nice big pair of booblahs !!!!

I'm currently reading "The amazing adventures of Dietgirl" by Shauna Reid (she has a website, The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl) - the book is a very funny read. She started at 25 stone, and even when down to near her goal, couldn't bring herslf to tell her partner until she was going to have her book published (with all the gory truth!) - but when she did, her O/H was fine (and proud of her achievement).
Personally, I've told my immediate family my starting weight, but not exactly spread it the news round town.

just went on that website thought the book looked fab, so just bought it on play.com! thanks sulfolk guy xx

I'm currently reading "The amazing adventures of Dietgirl" by Shauna Reid (she has a website, The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl) - the book is a very funny read. She started at 25 stone, and even when down to near her goal, couldn't bring herslf to tell her partner until she was going to have her book published (with all the gory truth!) - but when she did, her O/H was fine (and proud of her achievement).
Personally, I've told my immediate family my starting weight, but not exactly spread it the news round town.

just checked this out and gonna buy it i love a good book to read :)

Read that book a couple of months ago - its BRILL!! Such inspiration.

give it a couple of months and he will be right!!! xxx

I have NEVER EVER told oh what my weight is as I am so ashamed!!
I don't think I will ever tell him either.
I made my 8 year old daughter leave the room the other day when I was weighing myself as for one reason I don't think it is a good idea for her to see me weighing myself all the time and the other reason is she would want to know what weight I was and I worry she might say it out loud ( like 8 year olds do!!!!)

Back