Anybody ever managed to be slimmer than they have ever been?

I was slim growing up slim when married, but when i fell preganant it was like i couldnt eat enough went from size 6/8 to size 14. After i had little one i thought the weight would drop off it never has. So after 3 years i am now trying to get back to size 10 - would be delighted with that weight

@Shrimpy: Your plan sounds great - I was thinking doing something similar...wait to exercise until I hit the 11 stone mark so my body doesn't get used to it and then blast it to get rid of the last 1.5 stone...I only want to be 9.7 stone..I'm a bit taller than you as well..Let's see if it works out...

I was just too nervous to do any exercise at the gym... too much of a wimp. I was afraid everyone would stare. No one did and everyone is too busy worrying about how much longer they have left on the treadmill to care, or maybe that's just me now!

I see a lot of success stories of people who used to be slim in their teens and prior but then gained a lot of weight due to pregnancy or other reasons. But I feel that I don't see too many success stories of people who have never really been slim and then became slimmer than ever before? I started gaining weight when I was quite young (9 years old) and I was FAT all throughout my teenage years. I never weighed less than 11 stone at my current height and I have given up any hopes that I will ever weigh less than that.
It seems as if your body doesn't want to get rid of the fat that you gained in younger years and it's much harder to shift it.

Can anyone give me some motivation or tell me of people who had the same problem and finally did it??

Me!

I just noticed this thread and as I'm now 11st 4lb the last time I was this weight I was 9 or 10! - the puppy fat lasted 36 years! but i'm the lightest I've ever been as an adult.

Steve

Wow - I am delighted about so many success stories...!!Keep going :)

Ooo I like this thread! I've never been slim either, I tried to avoid the scales as much as possible when I was younger but I distinctly remember being weighed at school age 12 and was 13stone 8lb. I think it just went up and up from there!

Now i'm just under 12stone but did manage to get under 11 just over a year ago so I know it can be done.

Me! In my teens I was always a size 16 whilst all my friends were 8/10's. Went up to size 20/22 after having 2 children. Am now a size 10/12 (aged 24) and am never going back to how I used to be. People are so much nicer when you're thinner and I feel so much better about myself.

Glad I'm not the only one in this boat! I've been big since I can remember, I can't remember being under a size 16 in my teens, I was think I was a size 12 at around 12 lol. I then was an 18 by 18, I yo-yo'd & got down to a 16 just before uni,

I flitted between 16-18 at uni, I'd gotten up to a tight 18 after uni, (probs should have been a 20) and lost a bit to get down to a loose 18, for some reason I really fell off the wagon & I refused to weigh myself. a year odd of drink & takeaways meant I shot back up. Then got really sick & ended up hospitalised (GA operations 3 times in 3 months) and pilled it back on to tight 18/20, at my now age of 24 I had to be weighed in hospital for my Ops and that was my turning point, by my last Op I refused to be 200lbs (14st 4lbs) ever again! 4 months later (13.5 with WW & 5.5 in a month with SW) I'm 19lb lighter!

I refuse to be as big as I was though my childhood, Teens and student days.

Sorry for the heart pouring I think I just needed to get it all out!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've never been slim either. I was a chubby child, had lots of puppy fat as a teenager which then turned into proper fat as an adult. I now weigh the same as I did when I was 16 and I can't get used to it. All my clothes are too big for me, I have no money to buy new ones while my shape is still changing and I have no idea how to dress for my new shape!

I'm having a nightmare setting a target because having never been slim I've not got a particular weight in mind! I probably have another stone or so to go by which point I'll have lost 6 stone and will be a weight I've probably not been since childhood.

I've never been slim either. I was a chubby child, had lots of puppy fat as a teenager which then turned into proper fat as an adult. I now weigh the same as I did when I was 16 and I can't get used to it. All my clothes are too big for me, I have no money to buy new ones while my shape is still changing and I have no idea how to dress for my new shape!

I'm having a nightmare setting a target because having never been slim I've not got a particular weight in mind! I probably have another stone or so to go by which point I'll have lost 6 stone and will be a weight I've probably not been since childhood.

Boy can I relate to that! or most of it!

It's a good problem to have and I say keep going while you're "in the zone"

Steve

I'm aiming to be the slimmest I've ever been this time round. I am currently at the weight that has been pretty much the smallest I've been since I was a teenager but I'm not really happy here so I want to loose another half stone. I'm determined to get there, however long it takes. I've had a couple of bumps along the road but I've just kept going and I do start loosing again soon afterwards.

I'm the smallest I've been since I was about 12 when I was the height I am now. I just love food!

Gaining 1/2 a stone moving in with OH pushed me over the edge. I originally only wanted to loose that but went another stone on and am now loving being a size 10 for the first time ever!

I was heavy all through my teens, I hit 18yrs old and was nearly 14st, I thought I was awful, I dieted healthily and lost over 3 stone, I got to 10st 4 that was the smallest id even been, then stopped dieting and slowly went back to 10st 9lbs I stayed between this and 11 st until I was about 21 then my weight started to creep up, I was nearly 16st when I got pregnant and bolted to 18st 10lbs. I had my baby a yr ago. Nearly and have lost 4st 10lbs and 22lbs of that was on sw. Its been rough but if you set your mind to it you can get where you want to be. I have 3 stone left to lose before my wedding but would love to get back to 10st 10. Good luck all of you x

Back