Anybody ever managed to be slimmer than they have ever been?

judywoody

I see a lot of success stories of people who used to be slim in their teens and prior but then gained a lot of weight due to pregnancy or other reasons. But I feel that I don't see too many success stories of people who have never really been slim and then became slimmer than ever before? I started gaining weight when I was quite young (9 years old) and I was FAT all throughout my teenage years. I never weighed less than 11 stone at my current height and I have given up any hopes that I will ever weigh less than that.
It seems as if your body doesn't want to get rid of the fat that you gained in younger years and it's much harder to shift it.

Can anyone give me some motivation or tell me of people who had the same problem and finally did it??

Not yet, but in time I will be :D
Like you I began to gain weight at a young age of about 9 or 10, and have remained within the same weight range for most of my teenage life.
Now it's time for a change, I'm going to fight the flab :)
At my 'lightest' I was probably around 11-12 stone. I ballooned to 15, and now thanks to SW am already down to 14. I dont have an actual goal or PAT set, but I would like to see myself at around 9-10 stone, although I might change my mind when I get there.
You can do anything you set your mind to. Stick to plan, follow the advice of SW 'gurus' and you'll be there in no time. Good luck xxx

Sounds good! We could motivate each other and open our own thread :)

I like the sound of that :)
It really is the motivation of other users on here that keeps me going!
xxx

Hi there

I have never been slim either -I started gaining weight at an early age and started my 1st diet at 14. My weight has been up n down (mainly UP) like a ruddy yoyo.
At my heaviest -well the heaviest recorded I was 23st 4lbs -I started SW and Im now 13st 4lbs (so not slim)-but the lightest I ever recall being (although I must have been lighter at some point :p).
The difference this time is that I have no doubt what so ever that I WILL get to goal and be within my the healthy weight range for my height AND I will stay there :woohoo:

Wow, that's great Capricorn!

Well, should we open a new thread and give it a fitting title or shall we stay here then?

I have never been what i can remember as slim. I was always a chubby child, chubby teenager and then fat adult.
I think i dieted on and off from when i was 21? I feel like i have done every diet out there.....I joined SW in Oct 2009 aged 30 and now have lost nearly 5 stone and i am the lightest i have known in my adult life.

Go us! x

I have never, ever been slim.
I think I hit adult clothes at a size 16.

Well, now I'm a 10 on the bottom and a 12-14 on the top.

So yes - I am now slimmer than I've EVER been.
And LOVING it!!!

I have never, ever been slim.
I think I hit adult clothes at a size 16.

Well, now I'm a 10 on the bottom and a 12-14 on the top.

So yes - I am now slimmer than I've EVER been.
And LOVING it!!!

Hey wow! We are both the same height and you started at roughly the same weight and are now at the same weight I got stuck at .. !! I gained weight again since but I used to weigh a lot more and lost over 5 Stone!! Congrats to this huge weight loss - Are you planning to lose a bit more in the future? I know everybody is different but I still felt overweight at 11 stone and was unable to shift it (apart fromt the fact that my GP still classed me as slightly overweight...grrrr...)

Hi Judy

I'm only planning on losing 1/2 stone from where I am now - which I don't think will change my size at all, but which will give me a little bit of leeway to be able to stay under 10 st 10, which would be the top of "healthy" BMI range for my height.

But I'm not in any rush. At the moment I've made it to target and am maintaining there or thereabouts. I needed a bit of a break from the pressure!
Within the next couple of weeks I'll get back down to my original target, and then try for the last 3lb. I will get there!

I've always been big. Even as a young child I looked like "Michellin Man" - you know white with lots of rolls stomach down to legs!!!

Mum always said it was healthy. Neighbours said once I started senior school with the PE I would loose it as it was only "puppy fat" - never did.

So growing up was never small, always large and went into a large adult. I lost weight a few years ago (7 yrs ago) and got down to 11.7 stone then moved to Spain and shot up to 16.10 the heaviest I'd ever been.

Now nearly lost 5 stone and have decided never to go up again.

Me me me!!! I was always a chubby kid, that turned into a fat teenager and an even fatter 20 something. I am now a size 8, the smallest I have ever been was a 14/16 as a late teen/adult. So, it can be done. :D

Wow!!Thanks so much for all the positive response!

It really gives me hope!

How old are you now Shrimpy?

29. I started SW at the tail end of 27.

I think the age-myth is busted now!!!

(I can't lose weight because I am too old...and when you get older you don't lose weight anymore...haha:))

Me me me!!! I was always a chubby kid, that turned into a fat teenager and an even fatter 20 something. I am now a size 8, the smallest I have ever been was a 14/16 as a late teen/adult. So, it can be done. :D

Did you hit a plateau when you got closer to your target? And if yes, how did you overcome it? I always find I can not even cheat a little bit if I hit a plateau..which is usually 11 stone..And I still won't lose anything...:cry:

I never cheated... I hit plenty of face hitting the wall abrupt stops, I just powered through the wall. I mixed things up, I changed things, I did fishy weeks, I tried new stuff and eventually I got jump started again.

Shrimpy said:
I never cheated... I hit plenty of face hitting the wall abrupt stops, I just powered through the wall. I mixed things up, I changed things, I did fishy weeks, I tried new stuff and eventually I got jump started again.

What do u mean u never cheated??wow!how did u manage that?i mean I don't really cheat sometimes I just get spontaneosly invited and stuff and it's almost impossible to count the syns or to be picky about the food being served...well done for staying patient though!how long on average did it take you to break through the plateaus and did you do a lot of exercise,too?

I took xmas day off and was as careful as I could be in a holiday, but other than those planned stops I always got right back on!

Um, in the end it took me 3 months to lose the last 1/2 stone... I didn't start exercising til after losing 3.5stone, now I do a 1hour gym session 4 times a week.

Back