anybody have a receipe for a syn free white sauce for lasagne?

Ive just made lasagne for tea tonight, and mixed v.low fat creme freche with cottage cheese for the white sauce. I add lots of veg, herbs etc to my mince.

i just made a white sauce using my HE A for the milk and syned the low fat margerine and didnt count anything for the flour. have also made one with low fat fromage frais but i wasnt keen!

StaceyUK is that 5.5 syns for whole sauce or per serving? I made on with fat free fromage frais, quark, 2 eggs and nutmeg and was not very impressed! it was too bland, nothing like the real thing!!

Not quite cheese sauce, but a great topping though.

Mix together cottage cheese a few eggs, salt & pepper, once poured over the top sprinkle with HEA low fat cheddar.

Im with using a packet mix of sauce for 5 1/2 syns for the whole pack. Split between 5 of us its only 1 syn per portion. I don't think its worth faffing about with cottage cheese and quorn etc for the sake of 1 syn and it does taste an awefull lot better. I have made the cheese sauce up useing water and a veg knorr stock cube to save on the milk and its not bad either.

Yeah I think I will def give the cheese sauce packet a try! just the thought of the quark and fat free fromage frais is turning my stomach lol!!

i use morrisons instant cheese sauce packet mix its 5 syns and the rest of the stuff on ee would be free so the whole lot os 5 syns which makes a good 4 portions

Back