• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

anybody know

Rae

S: 16st11lb C: 12st2.5lb G: 10st13lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: 4st8.5lb(27.45%)
Ok tonight me and a couple of friends are going out for tea and a film and she has suggested a restaurant near the cinema.. the only ones around it are frankie and bennys and nando's...

so you can all guess my dilemma..

i have had a look on frankie and bennys menu and the only reasonabley low carb/calorific meal is probably the ceasar salad, which id be happy to eat.. however i know how fattening frankie and bennys is and im worried that even their salad may be filled with 39482374987 calories! the way they cook things i wouldnt be surprised if they deep fried their cucumber.

so i was just wondering if anyone had eaten there before and tried the salad and know if its quite fatty, full of high fat dressing etc..

i wont even get started with nando's i looked on their site, doesn't seem to be any healthy option really.

toodles xxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

JustForMe

Gold Member
S: 19st1lb C: 18st6lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 42.9 Loss: 0st9lb(3.37%)
look at the website and house specialities.

theres a quite a few meaty options which seem okay and are better than just salad

Rae

I was thinking maybe getting a meat dish, like steak or chicken, but asking for salad and not chips/potatoes/pasta etc.

And to answer your questions on what ill be drinking, I only drink water :)

xx

sharon kim

Silver Member
S: 13st9lb C: 12st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 30 Loss: 1st2lb(8.38%)
the chicken with parma ham is good and they should do you a tomatoe and motzarela salad which is low carb last time i went iasked and they made it for me

little*red

Don't worry, be happy :)
S: 11st12lb C: 9st0lb G: 7st12lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: 2st12lb(24.1%)
This is a quote from the nandos website for people who are trying to eat healthy:
HEALTHY MEAL OPTIONS

Foods low in fat and salt and higher in fibre are:

• 1/4 Chicken Breast (Plain), Sweet Potato Mash, Mixed Salad
  • Nando's Chicken Salad (Hot)
  • 1/4 Chicken Leg (Medium), Corn on the Cob, Mixed Salad
For slimmers, meals that are mainly protein and low in fat are ideal. We recommend the following:
  • Nando's Chicken Salad (Hot)
  • 1/4 Chicken Breast (Plain) with Ratatouille
  • Mixed Leaf Salad with Chicken (Lemon & Herb) & Portuguese Roll
Low-Medium GI/higher fibre and low saturated fats for the calorie-conscious
  • Beanie Pitta
  • Couscous Salad With Chicken (Plain)
  • 1/4 Chicken Leg (Plain) & Ratatouille
  • 1/4 Chicken Breast (Plain), Sweet Potato & Mixed Salad
  • Portobello Mushroom And Halloumi Burger (Plain)
I got it from this page:
http://www.nandos.co.uk/index.cfm?f...#nandos=PM-cat_FEM6_tcat_FEM+DCMD-FAM_nutmenu

it has a little nutrition counter on it too for their menu :)

JustForMe

Gold Member
S: 19st1lb C: 18st6lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 42.9 Loss: 0st9lb(3.37%)
Rae.

Did you enjoy yourself?
What did you end up eating?!:)

Rae

Gosh i had a lovely night actually.

My friend was begging us to all split one of those combo platter things to start to reluctantly i said ok go on then, but i just had a chicken wings off it, but jesus christ did all those potato skins and onion rings and garlic bread look amazing drooool. But i was good.

Then i got chicken ceaser salad which omgosh was unbelievably gorgeous, was huuuuuuuggeeeee, i only managed about 1/3 of it but it was really, really lovely.

We went to see ghosts of girlfriends past afterwards which i highly reccomend, was quite a charming film actually and really funny in parts, plus a bit of romance never did a gal harm.

But overall a rather good night!

xx

Deegirl

S: 14st6.5lb C: 13st3lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 1st3.5lb(8.64%)
Well done Rae sounds like you had a great night, proves fun can be had while doing this :D