anybody know

Rae

Ok tonight me and a couple of friends are going out for tea and a film and she has suggested a restaurant near the cinema.. the only ones around it are frankie and bennys and nando's...

so you can all guess my dilemma..

i have had a look on frankie and bennys menu and the only reasonabley low carb/calorific meal is probably the ceasar salad, which id be happy to eat.. however i know how fattening frankie and bennys is and im worried that even their salad may be filled with 39482374987 calories! the way they cook things i wouldnt be surprised if they deep fried their cucumber.

so i was just wondering if anyone had eaten there before and tried the salad and know if its quite fatty, full of high fat dressing etc..

i wont even get started with nando's i looked on their site, doesn't seem to be any healthy option really.

toodles xxx

I'd say them to not put any dressings on the salad , I know its pretty boring , also its a tease going out . What will you be drinking ?

look at the website and house specialities.

theres a quite a few meaty options which seem okay and are better than just salad

I was thinking maybe getting a meat dish, like steak or chicken, but asking for salad and not chips/potatoes/pasta etc.

And to answer your questions on what ill be drinking, I only drink water :)

xx

the chicken with parma ham is good and they should do you a tomatoe and motzarela salad which is low carb last time i went iasked and they made it for me

This is a quote from the nandos website for people who are trying to eat healthy:
HEALTHY MEAL OPTIONS

Foods low in fat and salt and higher in fibre are:

• 1/4 Chicken Breast (Plain), Sweet Potato Mash, Mixed Salad
  • Nando's Chicken Salad (Hot)
  • 1/4 Chicken Leg (Medium), Corn on the Cob, Mixed Salad
For slimmers, meals that are mainly protein and low in fat are ideal. We recommend the following:
  • Nando's Chicken Salad (Hot)
  • 1/4 Chicken Breast (Plain) with Ratatouille
  • Mixed Leaf Salad with Chicken (Lemon & Herb) & Portuguese Roll
Low-Medium GI/higher fibre and low saturated fats for the calorie-conscious
  • Beanie Pitta
  • Couscous Salad With Chicken (Plain)
  • 1/4 Chicken Leg (Plain) & Ratatouille
  • 1/4 Chicken Breast (Plain), Sweet Potato & Mixed Salad
  • Portobello Mushroom And Halloumi Burger (Plain)

I got it from this page:
http://www.nandos.co.uk/index.cfm?f...#nandos=PM-cat_FEM6_tcat_FEM+DCMD-FAM_nutmenu

it has a little nutrition counter on it too for their menu :)

Rae.

Did you enjoy yourself?
What did you end up eating?!:)

Gosh i had a lovely night actually.

My friend was begging us to all split one of those combo platter things to start to reluctantly i said ok go on then, but i just had a chicken wings off it, but jesus christ did all those potato skins and onion rings and garlic bread look amazing drooool. But i was good.

Then i got chicken ceaser salad which omgosh was unbelievably gorgeous, was huuuuuuuggeeeee, i only managed about 1/3 of it but it was really, really lovely.

We went to see ghosts of girlfriends past afterwards which i highly reccomend, was quite a charming film actually and really funny in parts, plus a bit of romance never did a gal harm.

But overall a rather good night!

xx

Well done Rae sounds like you had a great night, proves fun can be had while doing this :D

Back