Anybody NOT put the weight back on and had to restart? Any long term success stories?

Really good thread and pretty much agree with what everyone says . My best friend lost I believe 6 or 7 stone on lighter life 7 years ago and has pretty much maintained her loss so it is possible . She works hard to do that with exercise and also pops back on for a week or so on Cambridge if she thinks weight piling back. I believe she has conquered her issues with food through the counselling . I did Cambridge just after that and lost I think 31/2 stone and it is all back (took 5 years tho) . I have never felt I had an issue with food except maybe I eat too much and got lazy about exercising . Also been Ill and probably got to a "sod it, may not make it so going to eat these chips cos I can" also too much red wine on the same grounds . I accept I also have a very deep rooted feeling to not look attractive for some other reasons .

Yes cognitive therapy is good. One of the downsides of exante is no real support if you do have issues and the site does show some of us who may have swooped stones for what someone in this thread called a darker place . Not just exante however as many diets come without guidance or poor counsellors and I have a friend who has developed Annorexia after WW . It is us not the diets I guess. Xx

what do people think about a vlcd to lose alot of weight and then something like weight watchers to learn how to reintroduce food in a healthy controlled way

I want to lose 4 stone but find it incredibly frustrating to follow a diet all week to only lose 1lb or worse stay the same

I want to lose 3 to 4 stone quickly so that I dont lose motivation then switch to ww which i find very easy to follow to maintain the weight loss ?

would be interested in your thought on this strategy please

If you look at the WW forum there are a lit of people who have done exactly that

And maybe thats the key, we all know we shouldnt think of it as a 'diet', it has to become your normal way of eating. But deep down I know that my 'normal way of eating' is to stop off at mcdonalds on my way home from work in the afternoon, and then cook when I get home and pick at bits and pieces all evening. And never count a jam sandwich, its a slice of bread with butter and jam on it, not a 'real' meal so it doesnt count does it. Sigh.......

Oh my god I feel like I just looked in a mirror at myself when I read that....Love the honesty :)

what do people think about a vlcd to lose alot of weight and then something like weight watchers to learn how to reintroduce food in a healthy controlled way

Hi I am looking at this sort of approach. I have started with an 8 week celebrity slim and intend to review how I feel at the end of that. I may try a different one then or stick with it. When I get down to my last 2 stone I was thinking of seeing how much a dietitian or nutritionist would be to guide me through that last bit . Can't see it being more than the cost of the VLCD a week and hopefully it may help me relearn my whole food relationship. My long term aim is to really focus on getting the maximum goodness out of my food to keep me healthy. You know superfoods etc.
Or I may save the money and use these next few months as a way of researching it myself and developing a plan.

Hi Angieee
are you doing celebrity slim yet , how is it going ?

Yes I started it on Saturday am doing OK but had to have a few extra approved snacks yesterday as I just was hungry. Better today though and the weight loss so far is incredible in such a short space of time. I don't want to jinx it so will wait until Saturday morning to declare the total for 1st week.

well good luck , please do keep me up to date with how you are doing , it would be nice to know what Im letting myself in for , look forward to hearing how much you lose and how you feel Thankyou

Its a brilliant point & a great title,It worries me too,I have stopped a VLCD because I felt happy int skin for once,I gave myself a 7lb buffer so I could still enjoy events. I actually weigh in less now but Im still classed as obese (BMI Table) so thought I'd give it another bash to lose the last 39lbs,I'll then be classed as overweight,but I'll be happy as 'skinny' is just as undesirable to me as having wobbles. Give yourself an absolute line,if you get near to crossing it,rein it in. You just have to learn to keep control when things look shakey. I also have a pair of trousers that Ieasire my weight by,once they feel tight,I twin it in a little or step up the excersise,Its hard & a commitment to suceed.I really do wish you all the luck in the world. ;)

And I can't type on a touchscreen phone,hope It made sense after you decoded my last post! :D

Great thread.

I am about a stone away from goal and am quite frankly dreading it. I have been following Exante for 10 weeks and am delighted with the results so far. I have just started eating dinner with the family at the weekend and am amazed at how quickly the weight goes up as a result. I realise it is water but it's a good reminder of how my body reacts to food. I think I will always need to exercise restraint when it comes to food. It's a bit like giving up smoking or alcohol and I need to treat it like an addiction.

Back