anybody suggest good puberty books for kids

jazz

naughty night nurse
:eek: am getting alot of questions and although being a nurse i think am giving all the right answers . kids still dont seem to get it fully. any good books you have come across that will reiterate my answers. have tried play. com . but they wont deliver those kind of books outside uk.:eek:
kids 10 and 12

Ah now I've just ordered a couple of sex ed type books for my little un's from Amazon.

Dunno what they're like yet but here's the link....

Amazon.co.uk: sex education: Books

I bought - 'Let's talk about where babies come from' and 'Asking about Sex and Growing Up: A Question-And-Answer Book for Boys and Girls' both of which cover puberty, so I believe....

xxxx

Give them Judy Blums " Forever" - that just about scared the hell out of me !!! hahahah
Sorry - not very helpful :(
S xxx

thanking you ,am not particularly embarrassed but i keep drifting into more technical stuff and their eyes glaze over . four years working in a std clinic and cant explain sex to my own kids

Yep, good book for my daughter too, she is also ten, and is having sex education at school at the moment. Where's my baby gone??:sigh:

the problem is ,i live in catholic ireland and no sex ed until 13. i think alot of these country folk think babies are still found behind bushes . no body talks about sex or periods . the parents are so stiff . i want my children to start with the truth and build on it

This book arrived this afternoon ('Let's talk about where babies come from' ) - I gave it to my 8 year old and she hasn't put it down since!!! LMTO!!

Last I saw, she was reading it to her 5 year old sister in bed.

Classic!

xxx

do it yourself sex education. it good that they are open to it. me son is quite shy and came home one day and said the boys in class were laughing because he didnt know what a vaginica seaman was ( im a celebrity ) . i gently explained it was somebodies name but why it was funny . the teasing carried on until my son punched one of them . cut to me in the headmasters office explaining about vaginica and the teasing . not an experience i want to repeat . the master never cracked a smile once and i mortified

do it yourself sex education. it good that they are open to it. me son is quite shy and came home one day and said the boys in class were laughing because he didnt know what a vaginica seaman was ( im a celebrity ) . i gently explained it was somebodies name but why it was funny . the teasing carried on until my son punched one of them . cut to me in the headmasters office explaining about vaginica and the teasing . not an experience i want to repeat . the master never cracked a smile once and i mortified

hahaha brilliant!!!

I bet the headteacher larfed his a$$ off when you'd gone!

One of these days, I'll start a thread about most embarrassing moments in teaching! I've got hundreds of em!

xxx

hahaha brilliant!!!

I bet the headteacher larfed his a$$ off when you'd gone!

One of these days, I'll start a thread about most embarrassing moments in teaching! I've got hundreds of em!

xxx
believe me he isnt that kind of teacher

Back