Anyone 19 weeks pregnant?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
:wavey:

Hi there

Hope you are ok. When is your baby due, I'm due the 16th October with my 2nd baby. My 1st is a boy he's nearly 18mths old so will have my hands full when the new arrival comes.

I'm on SW but just trying not to put on huge amounts although been really sick with this pregnancy.

How is it for you?

I'm due Oct 13th although my obstetrician is likely to want to do a Caesar at 38 weeks so will probably actually have it the end of September.

I've a little boy who's 2 years, 3 months. Haven't tried to explain to him about getting a baby brother/sister yet - I feel it's too early.

I'm not following any diet at all at present. I'm hyper-emetic and it shows no sign of stopping yet. I was with my first pregnancy too - puked several times a day right up until the day of delivery when they gave me the prep drugs for the Caesar - so I'm not really surprised that's it's happened again. Unfortunately, I'm bringing up blood every time I puke which is not nice. So really I eat what I want, hoping that what appeals will stay down!

With DS I lost a fair bit of weight during the pregnancy, then really piled it on after I had him as it was such a relief to be able to eat again and not throw up. I'm determined not to make that mistake this time!

Also got a placenta praevia which I had first pregnancy too but fortunately it's not as severe this time - first one was really bad, 6 months confined to bed! This will be my last pregnancy, docs have advised against a third time given the problems I've had both times and to be honest I don't think I could go through this again.

Really looking forward to meeting my newbie though. Currently shortlisting names.

Are you still really sick or is it easing off? Are you telling your son yet?

Ah that's a shame to hear you aren't doing too great, sounds horrible that sickness all the time.

I've been sick mainly in the afternoon or certain smells etc. felt awful yesterday as it's really hot here.

My son is nearly 18mths & I've just showed him baby pics and say to hin what noise does the baby make and he makes a crying noise :8855:

I've told him baby in Mammy's belly but he's too young to really understand but if I ask where's the baby he comes & points to my belly. He's also started to feed his teddy bear at bedtime.

I reckon he'll get jealous but will do as much as possible to stop this. We've picked a girls name but finding it difficult with boys names.

We're the other way round - we find it easy to agree on boys' names but harder to find girls' names that we're both happy with.

My sickness is worse in afternoon and night than in morning, no idea why. I'm in the tropics so we're pretty hot all the time but I think I've adjusted a bit. At least this one is due in "winter" (still hot), our son was born in high summer and the last couple of months, I just melted - at one point I was watching David Attenborough DVDs about the South Pole in the middle of the night to try to make myself feel cooler!

I worry a bit about my son adjusting but he's generally a happy child and a sociable one so hopefully he'll be OK. I think the tricky bit for us will be the first week or two. Here, they keep you in hospital for 5 days after a Caesar and they don't allow children to visit you in maternity at all - so I disappear for days, then come home with a new baby - I can see that upsetting him. But I'm sure he'll adjust. A friend has told me that it's vital I'm not carrying the baby when I come home for the first time, that hubby must carry it instead. That's easy enough to do.

Your little boys will surprise you ;) Children are far more accepting of a sibling than people think. Your friend has given you good advice, when you go home or when they visit in hospital, make sure you are not holding the baby and a pressie for the older sibling from the baby is a must, make sure its something you know they will love ;) Another thing I have always done is when family have visited with gifts for the baby I have asked (very politely of course) if they could bring a token gift for the older child, nothing expensive maybe a colouring book or a favourite magazine it helps them feel less left out, you will probably find that your close relatives will do this anyway.

Thanks Jo. Do you feel that the storybooks about getting a new baby in the house are useful or not?

We won't be getting any presents from the family I imagine - our families seem convinced that the Royal Mail doesn't accept international post!!! I am planning to keep a few new toys back for when the baby arrives so that DS has something new to distract him and I hope that will help. My enforced disappearance to hospital worries me most as he won't be allowed to visit me but he'll get over it!

Yes I think books about having a new baby (aimed at children ) are a great way of getting them used to the idea, my Mum bought my eldest some before we had DS no 2 ( I am expecting my 5th baby by the way so lts of ex[erience in this dept lol).
It is not ideal having a no children visitors rule at your hospital but as long as he knows whats happening it shouldn't be so frightening for him, it is hard to explain when they are little but a little info now and again and he will start to grasp it. Def try and get hold of some books they will be a great help ;)

The visitors rule for the maternity ward is very unpopular with mums here, especially as post-birth stays are longer than in the UK. But hey ho, I've been well cared for so I can't really argue!

I will try to explain things to him in advance but a bit closer to the time as I think at his age you can't really explain things ages in advance. We're also planning to let him think that when hubby is on paternity leave, that he's actually still at work so that he doesn't think Daddy is spending a load of time with me and the baby at the hospital when he isn't allowed to go there. I hope that will help.

I will have a look on Amazon for some books. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks ladies great advice.

IB - I'm sure your son will be fine it sucks about the no visiting. I went away for 4 days at Easter to my mates wedding & left my son with his Dad he was absolutely fine didn't miss me at all.

I'm hoping that I'll have a normal birth so won't be in too long not sure how long it is for a second. If it's like last time I'll be in for nearly 4 days.

I'll get those books too might check out ebay too.

I've my scan on Friday & wondering whether to find out the sex.....

I had a 19 week scan last week - they scan every 4 weeks here - and they couldn't tell me the sex. I'm hoping they'll be able to at 23 weeks as I need to order all my baby stuff by June 20th if it's to get here in time and I'd prefer not to get it all in neutral. Did you find out the sex with your first child?

They kept me in 5 days last time which I was fairly pleased with as they'd warned me it was normally 5-7 days for a standard Caesar and as I'd had problems and baby was early I could be longer, so I was thrilled to get home at 5 days! This time I want to be home as soon as possible!

I had a 19 week scan last week - they scan every 4 weeks here - and they couldn't tell me the sex. I'm hoping they'll be able to at 23 weeks as I need to order all my baby stuff by June 20th if it's to get here in time and I'd prefer not to get it all in neutral. Did you find out the sex with your first child?

They kept me in 5 days last time which I was fairly pleased with as they'd warned me it was normally 5-7 days for a standard Caesar and as I'd had problems and baby was early I could be longer, so I was thrilled to get home at 5 days! This time I want to be home as soon as possible!

Hi

No I decided to have a surprise with my 1st was so convinced I was having a girl that when DS was born I never even asked :8855:

I'm hoping to be out within 24hrs...eek

Back