Anyone 20st plus

Well done Tierney, that's fab! So glad you got a reward at last for all your hard work. Sorry you're still feeling bloated, but at least the scales are moving in the right direction again. I only lost half a pound this week so I know how disappointing it is when the scales don't move, especially when I was sticking to plan. I'm trying not to get too disheartened and carry on like you did, I know the losses will come eventually, hopefully next week!

-5 is awesome Tierney!!
I have just had 3 weeks of bogus losses but luckily I got a good loss this week too! Think sometimes our bodies just mess with us.
Do you do any red days? I find they really help bloating go down and shift a lot of weight if I stick to only Red! X

-5 is awesome Tierney!!
I have just had 3 weeks of bogus losses but luckily I got a good loss this week too! Think sometimes our bodies just mess with us.
Do you do any red days? I find they really help bloating go down and shift a lot of weight if I stick to only Red! X

Probably too much info, but I have been really really constipated. It all started with scan bran. My digestion is shot to bits. I hope things are getting back on track.

You have done really well Tetris.

Tierney

P.S. how do you put all the the info in your signature? Can you please tell me how to do it?

Well done Tierney, that's fab! So glad you got a reward at last for all your hard work. Sorry you're still feeling bloated, but at least the scales are moving in the right direction again. I only lost half a pound this week so I know how disappointing it is when the scales don't move, especially when I was sticking to plan. I'm trying not to get too disheartened and carry on like you did, I know the losses will come eventually, hopefully next week!

Keep on going, 1/2 off is 1/2 gone. I hope things will start to get better for both of us.

Tierney

Well im back to this page I had done quite well but I put all this weight back on again and more so im back to square one again. boooo but ill get there again just going to take time and a lot of hard work.

Just wanted to post in here. I started slimming world exactly 20 weeks today, weighing 21 stone 8 lbs. I am just on my way out class and will get my 5 stone award. Now weighing 16 stone 7 lbs. I do work really hard for my losses. Just wanted to post in here and let people know it can be done.

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

What a fab achievement Darren! You are doing so well, what an inspiration :)

Lost 0.5 lb this week. Bored of this belly problem now. Sticking to the diet totally and then losing 0.5 lb sucks.

Tierney

That was me last week - 0.5lbs is so annoying, but at least its a loss I guess, that's what everyone kept saying to me anyway but I was still mad! This week though I lost 4lbs, hoping you have the same success next week. There's nothing worse than trying so hard and getting nothing in return, but I know if you keep on pushing you will see a difference in time. Our bodies can be so annoying though sometimes x

Just wanted to post in here. I started slimming world exactly 20 weeks today, weighing 21 stone 8 lbs. I am just on my way out class and will get my 5 stone award. Now weighing 16 stone 7 lbs. I do work really hard for my losses. Just wanted to post in here and let people know it can be done.

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow that's amazing im not working as hard as I want to take loosing the weight a little slower but you realy are an inspiration to everyone.

Lost 0.5 lb this week. Bored of this belly problem now. Sticking to the diet totally and then losing 0.5 lb sucks.

Tierney

Don't worry to much about it you need to remember that sometimes our bodys go through things and we wont loose as much weight but you are still loosing at the end of the day also if you have stuck to plan 100% then you may loose bigger next week.

Good luck

That was me last week - 0.5lbs is so annoying, but at least its a loss I guess, that's what everyone kept saying to me anyway but I was still mad! This week though I lost 4lbs, hoping you have the same success next week. There's nothing worse than trying so hard and getting nothing in return, but I know if you keep on pushing you will see a difference in time. Our bodies can be so annoying though sometimes x

Well done on the 4lb loss that's fantastic they say if you have a little loss one week then if you are 100% on plan then you usualy loose bigger the next week.

Well im very happy my first week 3.5lb loss yay, I would normaly be upset with that loss as when I have done it before I have always had a 7/8 loss in the first week but im trying to take it all a lot slower this time round and not put as much pressure on myself so happyu with it all this week.

Well im very happy my first week 3.5lb loss yay, I would normaly be upset with that loss as when I have done it before I have always had a 7/8 loss in the first week but im trying to take it all a lot slower this time round and not put as much pressure on myself so happyu with it all this week.
That's a great first week. Well done. I do think we put pressure on ourselves.
Tx

Well done! I lost 3lbs in my first week too and have concentrated on sticking to the plan and taking things at a nice steady pace. In the past I had an all or nothing approach where I'd barely eat 1000 calories and lose loads the first week, but by the time it had got to the third week I was back to my crappy eating habits!

Well done cheese thief 4 lb is a really good loss. It is just so frustrating isn't it. I am just in the dieting zone, I have stuck to it 100% since I started and then 0.5 lbs. I know it will all work out, but I just don't want to fall off the wagon. I think if you only have a few pounds to lose 0.5 lb is great, but when you have stones to lose ( at only 0.5 a week ) the journey will be incredibly long.

Is the radiography degree you want to do at Hallam? I have been studying there for the past year. The facilities are great and the new library etc should be up and running by next September.

Tx

Completely understand what you mean. The week I lost 0.5lbs everyone at group was telling me it's still a "good loss", I'm sorry but it really isn't. Maybe if you've a couple of stone to lose or had a bad week and were amazed you lost at all, then yes, it's a good loss and better than a gain. When you've got 10 or 11 stone to lose though it really isn't going to get us anywhere fast! Infact 0.5lbs a week would take me nearly 6 YEARS to get to an ideal weight. So I can completely understand how you feel, especially when you've been 100% on plan. I really hope you get the loss you deserve next week, I've spoke to a lot of bigger people on here and they generally find some weeks are fantastic losses and others are piddly, but are more than made up for by the good weeks.

Oh wow, I live in Sheffield too! Yes it's Hallam I want to apply for, along with some other local-ish unis (leeds, bradford, derby) but Sheffield would definitely be my first choice. What are you studying? X

Completely understand what you mean. The week I lost 0.5lbs everyone at group was telling me it's still a "good loss", I'm sorry but it really isn't. Maybe if you've a couple of stone to lose or had a bad week and were amazed you lost at all, then yes, it's a good loss and better than a gain. When you've got 10 or 11 stone to lose though it really isn't going to get us anywhere fast! Infact 0.5lbs a week would take me nearly 6 YEARS to get to an ideal weight. So I can completely understand how you feel, especially when you've been 100% on plan. I really hope you get the loss you deserve next week, I've spoke to a lot of bigger people on here and they generally find some weeks are fantastic losses and others are piddly, but are more than made up for by the good weeks.

Oh wow, I live in Sheffield too! Yes it's Hallam I want to apply for, along with some other local-ish unis (leeds, bradford, derby) but Sheffield would definitely be my first choice. What are you studying? X

I have been studying MSc psychology at Hallam. It has been a pretty tough year and I haven't been able to finish in August as I should of done, due to this stomach problem. I can't sit down for long without being in agony. It is too hard to study standing up or laying down.
The library at Hallam is excellent and the online resources are brilliant. The pastoral care leaves a bit to be desired, but I guess that is to do with size of the University. I think the pastoral on undergraduate degree will be better.

I was based at collegiate campus and it is really beautiful around there. I met some really interesting people too.

I live in North Lincolnshire, so travelled over to Hallam for the course.

For me 0.5 lb a week would take me 6 years too. That's a laugh. I hope I see some results this week.

Tierney

P.S. How do you put all the info in the signature? I can't figure out how to do it.

Last edited:
Oh wow, I bet psychology is really interesting. I'd be based at the collegiate crescent campus too, been there on the open day and it looks great. You must have a monster commute though, if I don't go into Hallam the nearest courses for me are Leeds and Derby, so fingers crossed I get into Hallam.

Sorry to hear your stomach problems have had such an impact on your studies, I hope things get sorted for you soon and the docs find out what the problem is.

The sig stuff is easy once you've got the hang of it, but I found it awkward at first too.

If you want to get the pictures in your sig click 'edit signature'

Then click on the 'insert image' symbol, then you should click 'from URL' and find the picture you want to insert.

If you go into your awards on the SW website you should be able to right click on them and 'copy image url', just paste this link into the space for the URL and it should then pop up in your sig like mine.

I hope that makes some sense, i'm not the most technically minded person!

Well if I was in a bad mood last week after losing 0.5 lb, I nearly cried last night when I stayed the same. I have stuck to the plan 100%. I have filled everything I've eaten on the slimming world website every day. I felt thoroughly demotivated last night. I hope next week brings better results. I just need to figure out the belly issue. I have stopped the medication, as although that is stopping the pain and cramps, I have been wondering if its making the issues worse.

On another note, psychology is really interesting and I really need to get this final project finished so I can move on to the next stage. Good luck Cheese Thief with getting into Hallam. When will you find out if you have a place?

I am still trying to figure out the stupid signature thing.

Tx

Back