Anyone 20st plus

Welcome to the group Kelly! Are you doing SW from home or going to meetings? I was was wondering what sort of exercise if everyone doing? I'm starting the couch to 5k plan today. I haven't run in years so wish me luck! :p

Hi ya. I'm going to meetings on a Thursday evening. :)
I am starting to do exercise now which are mainly exercise DVDs and walking the dogs. I can't afford the gym right now so that will have to do lol. I wanted to start jogging or running but I think I'm just making excuses as I think oh it's getting colder now and I don't want to slip and fall on wet leaves or when it comes to it ice lol

Hi RoseGold and Kelly! How are you finding your first week of SW so far?

I love this thread, it's so nice to know that other people are out there in the same position. Although all weight loss is important to the person losing the weight, when you're in the plus 20's we really are saving our lives by doing this, scary at that might sound. It's a lot different to losing half a stone to look pretty in a wedding dress or to go on holiday, so it's nice to know we're not alone.

x

Hey ladies welcome to all the new ladies this is a lovely group and so helpful and encouraging.

Well iv not done so well this last couple of weeks didn't go to class last week as I was busy and that's where my problem lies when I don't go to group I always stray off the path and this past 2 weeks iv put on 6lb not good at all seeing as though I had lost 7lb grrrrr. Ahhh well back on it today and back to group on Thursday to see if I can limit the damage.

I feel like I'm doing rubbish. I'm feeling bloated (not constipated) and craving foods like I used to eat. I need to break the habit I used to have but it's quite tough. I stupidly weighed myself this morning too :( says id put on 0.5 lb and it's only my first week! Need to really focus and do this but I really am finding it tough

I feel like I'm doing rubbish. I'm feeling bloated (not constipated) and craving foods like I used to eat. I need to break the habit I used to have but it's quite tough. I stupidly weighed myself this morning too :( says id put on 0.5 lb and it's only my first week! Need to really focus and do this but I really am finding it tough

Hey Kelly,

We all have days like this! You need to find a trigger that really focuses you! I've found some 'skinny photos' of me that I've saved them on my phone so whenever I get a craving to eat some chocolate I look at them and think what's more important? - This craving or being slimmer? Also, are you sure your scales at home match up with the ones in class? My scales at home add 5lbs to me! eeeek..

My housemate and I have also made a silly poster for our fridge with all of our inspiration on! It really helps! (Especially as my other housemate is really skinny and keeps the fridge stocked with chocolate! - Loads of temptation!) Join us and get the felt tips out! :)

Keep smiling :)

Hi all, saw this group and thought I'd say "hi". Am doing slimming world online. Started at 23 st 08 lbs in April and now at 20 st 6 lbs but am finding it harder to lose [up 1lb this week so not happy!]. Am on Extra Easy and am sticking to it and not using all my syns so don't know if it's that! Think the thoughts of needing to lose about 8 stone more to reach "ideal bmi" are swamping me a bit !

Hi tigerlily welcome to the group! I feel the same sometimes, with such a long way to go it can be hard to focus but you've done brilliantly so far! Try and break it down into small chunks and then just think about the next goal. So for example, for me it's to get this next 3.5lbs shifted so I get my SW 2 stone award, then after that it's to get under 300lbs or my BMI a point lower or something. Having something to aim for every couple of weeks really helps to keep me in the right mindset for weight loss. Hope you have a great week, let us know how you get on!

Anyway, initially I popped in to report I'm down another 3.5lbs this week, so into the 21's at last - well, just at 21st 13.5lbs but hopefully I'll never have to see 22 ever again before my weight! Hope you're all having a good week, I'm off on holiday to Lanzarote next week so I'll be trying to battle the temptations of an all inclusive buffet! xx

Hi tigerlily welcome to the group! I feel the same sometimes, with such a long way to go it can be hard to focus but you've done brilliantly so far! Try and break it down into small chunks and then just think about the next goal. So for example, for me it's to get this next 3.5lbs shifted so I get my SW 2 stone award, then after that it's to get under 300lbs or my BMI a point lower or something. Having something to aim for every couple of weeks really helps to keep me in the right mindset for weight loss. Hope you have a great week, let us know how you get on!

Anyway, initially I popped in to report I'm down another 3.5lbs this week, so into the 21's at last - well, just at 21st 13.5lbs but hopefully I'll never have to see 22 ever again before my weight! Hope you're all having a good week, I'm off on holiday to Lanzarote next week so I'll be trying to battle the temptations of an all inclusive buffet! xx

Well done Cheese Thief, 3.5 lb is great.

Tx

Hi all, saw this group and thought I'd say "hi". Am doing slimming world online. Started at 23 st 08 lbs in April and now at 20 st 6 lbs but am finding it harder to lose [up 1lb this week so not happy!]. Am on Extra Easy and am sticking to it and not using all my syns so don't know if it's that! Think the thoughts of needing to lose about 8 stone more to reach "ideal bmi" are swamping me a bit !

Hi RoseGold, I am up 1lb this week too. A few people have said to me have I been drinking enough. Is that something you could look at? You have done really well so far. I understand what you're saying about having a lot to lose and if it's only 0.5lb or a 1lb a week it will take forever, but onwards and downwards. Don't get swamped, just think of loosing the next 7lbs and work from there, that's what I'm trying to do.
I am maybe thinking of swopping to the red and green slimming world plans.

Tx

Hi ... can I join you all?

I started SW on 16th September with a starting weight of 21 stone 2lb. I weigh in on Mondays and, as of last Monday, have lost 15lb. It's my first ever time going to SW (or any weight loss program that involves meetings) so I'm hoping that this approach is going to work for me in terms of not only losing the weight (which I've done before by myself) but in actually getting me to make permanent changes so that it's easier for me to maintain.

I'm so glad to find a thread for people who have a bit more to lose :)

Hi ... can I join you all?

I started SW on 16th September with a starting weight of 21 stone 2lb. I weigh in on Mondays and, as of last Monday, have lost 15lb. It's my first ever time going to SW (or any weight loss program that involves meetings) so I'm hoping that this approach is going to work for me in terms of not only losing the weight (which I've done before by myself) but in actually getting me to make permanent changes so that it's easier for me to maintain.

I'm so glad to find a thread for people who have a bit more to lose :)

Well done so far Molly Molly and welcome to this group. I think it's good for us bigger people to support each other.
I am not on a diet. I am making permanent life changes.

See you here,

Tierney

Hi all. I started at 26 stone 4. Now down to 24 st 8. Working hard on my two stone award.

Hi Madge,
Welcome. You have done really well so far. I am trying to think of he weight loss in half stone chunks and then the task doesn't seem to be great.
This group is great for support.

Tx

Thanks Tierney. That's how I'm looking at it too and it does make it easier for me.

And for anyone who's maybe reading and contemplating taking the step of joining but feeling apprehensive - stepping on the scales that first night was really hard but I made a promise to myself just before I stepped on that no matter how bad it was that was the worst it was ever going to be. It really does get easier! And the support, on here (long time lurker) and at group, is truly amazing.

Last edited:
Lost 3lbs this week taking me out of the 20s. Very pleased with that result, although holiday to Italy next week, so I may be coming back :p

Hi, I am new to this group. I started slimming world on the 10th September 2013 weighing 23st 1lb. I am now down to 21 st 9lbs and loving the plan. I have done slimming World before but they didnt have the EE plan then. Really hoping to get my stone and a half award next Tuesday xxx

Back