Anyone 20st plus

I am starting at home as well and need to lose at least 6 stones. Let me know how you managed it please. I know the next question has nothing to do with this but would you happen to know if I make porridge oats with water and sweetner how many syns this would be.
Caroline

I am starting at home as well and need to lose at least 6 stones. Let me know how you managed it please. I know the next question has nothing to do with this but would you happen to know if I make porridge oats with water and sweetner how many syns this would be.
Caroline

Hi, if you're doing Extra Easy you can make use 35g of porridge oats as your healthy extra B and you won't have to syn it. You can make it with water and sweetener. I tend to just use water and then add a vanilla mullerlight and some fruit to get in some superfree - really tasty too.

I got my 1 and a half stone award last night. Its taken me 7 weeks to lose so I am feeling really happy. Another 5lb to go for my 2 stone award. Im definitly not looking at the big picture anymore just looking at half a stone at a time xxx

I got my 1 and a half stone award last night. Its taken me 7 weeks to lose so I am feeling really happy. Another 5lb to go for my 2 stone award. Im definitly not looking at the big picture anymore just looking at half a stone at a time xxx

It's the only way to do it, in my opinion. I got my two stone award on Wednesday and have 5lbs to go for my 2 1/2 - just focusing on shifting those five pounds, then I'll worry about the next mile stone.

Caroline

I did SW from home too and have lost nearly 6st this year- definitely think of one stone at a time, set mini goals (feels AMAZING to tick them off) reward yourself with the stickers in your sig and watch the collection grow! Cant believe how fast time had passed this year. Just know that the first month is tricky but it gets way way way easier to stick to plan as you adjust to it!

As for porridge- as said above, HexB it for plain (not flavoured) oats (weigh out 35g) or I think it is around 6 syns if not... So def worth using as a hex! Its yummy with a sprinkle of cinamon, splenda and a chopped banana.
You can also get the plain instant porridge oats which are great for at work on a cold day or when on the run... I even take them when I'm travelling and you just need a kettle and some splenda (can get dispensible splenda pillulets) x

Last edited:
Tetris your before and after photos are incredible!! I can't tell you how excited I am to have ones of my own! 6.5lbs this week, but I missed last week as I was away on holiday so 3.25lbs per week! Getting there :)

Thanks RoseGold! Had to take them off my sig because I'm seeing them too much and they confuse me LOL but I just put an album up of before vs now pics: http://www.minimins.com/97934-tetris-albums-before-now.html

Literally feels like last week that I was oggling at other people's before and after pics, it'll pass so fast!
You're doing fab, stick with it :D it feels SO good! I wish someone had told me this was achievable when I was younger and eating out of shame...
3.25lbs per week is awesome!! x

Hi everyone please can I join, I am 21.8 ish ( was 22) weigh in on fri I am doing slimming world with the book not going to a group. I am trying to take it in mini goals as my overall goal is way to overwhelming! i loving the recipes on this site it should keep me busy :) I have also started a disry to keep track of my food :) to see if I am doing it right!

xxxx

Hi everyone please can I join, I am 21.8 ish ( was 22) weigh in on fri I am doing slimming world with the book not going to a group. I am trying to take it in mini goals as my overall goal is way to overwhelming! i loving the recipes on this site it should keep me busy :) I have also started a disry to keep track of my food :) to see if I am doing it right! xxxx

Good luck Jules :) try not to think of it as huge goal, I tend to find breaking it down in my head into chunks of 7lb at a time keeps me motivated.

I'm a bit of a loser I even have a little chart of boxes in rows of 7 and I colour one in for each lb

Hi guys - I'm new to this page - been here b4 but a couple of yrs ago.... Lost 7st & had a baby.... Now I'm back with 5.5st back on!!! Completely gutted & raging with myself but back to SW on Monday there & really focused to get back to where I had reached! This site was invaluable the last time!!! (So thanks in advance!!!)

Sorry haven't been around. Children off school and don't get a minute to myself. I lost 4.5 lbs this week, which makes up for putting on a pound last week. Got my 2.5 st award, so I was chuffed.
Hope everyone is ok and sticking to plan.

Tx

Well done Tierney! I put 2.5lbs on over my holiday but lost 2lbs this week, finally getting back into the swing of things again.

Hi everyone please can I join, I am 21.8 ish ( was 22) weigh in on fri I am doing slimming world with the book not going to a group. I am trying to take it in mini goals as my overall goal is way to overwhelming! i loving the recipes on this site it should keep me busy :) I have also started a disry to keep track of my food :) to see if I am doing it right! xxxx

Hi Jules! I first started SW weighing 22st exactly! I lost 7st - slow and steady is what to aim for - be happy with 2lb a week- anything more is a bonus and believe me you with fairly see a change even over a few months! I lost all the weight, fell pregnant & managed to gain quite a bit again, but back at it again and dying to feel how I felt the last time! You'll feel such a huge buzz! Set yourself a goal to lose so much by Christmas, then next stop perhaps valentines day/ a birthday / Easter- that's how I did it! Seeing your clothes become too big on you and then folk starting to notice is exciting too! all the very best to you on your journey and to anyone else reading this!

I've all crossed that I can stick at it like I did b4!!

Wonder what stage we'll be at this time next year!!!! :D

^^^ aw hun its fab to hear success stories. I piled on weight through pregnancy then anti psychotic meds, lost 1.7 stone when i came off them in july have had to go back on them and have piles the 1 1 1/2 back on plus 2lbs extra grr! its is so disheartening. Good luck with your goals xxx

Well done Tierney! I put 2.5lbs on over my holiday but lost 2lbs this week, finally getting back into the swing of things again.
Hey Cheese Thief 2.5lbs on over the holiday is great and you've already got 2 pounds back off. Hope you had a good holiday. You're doing really well. Onwards and downwards.
Christmas is the next hurdle to get over.

Tx

Welcome to all the new people.

I have now sneaked into the 19 st bracket too. I would like to be in 18's by christmas, not sure if it's doable but we will see.

Tx

Last edited:
Back