Anyone 20st plus

Hi to JMLW1992, AMY_R and Jayde1148 who have all joined since I last posted.

How are we all doing today? are those first WI results coming through? Anyone struggling at all?

my WI was yesterday and 6lbs off!! Very proud moment

XXX

Started slimming.world yesterday 22.2
May be going on holiday in april so want to be 20 or lower! Hope.i can do it :) well done on your loss xxxx

Betty - Don't let it get you down. We all have weeks like that. I remember feeling the same in my second week of SW, it was my birthday week and I just couldn't stop picking at cake and as I'd gone out for a big meal that week I just felt like, 'what's the point even trying to stick on plan'? Anyway, I talked myself round, got straight back on plan and was absolutely amazed when I lost 4lbs that week at WI. Did not expect or deserve that amount, but it goes to show you that its worthwhile getting back on plan after a slip. Five months in and I still have slip ups but when I get back on plan the next day it generally doesn't have a massive impact on my losses.

We're all going through the same thing and it's really hard some days, especially at first when you've not got into the routine of SW. It does get easier I promise you. Try and draw a line under a bad day and move on. Hope you feel a bit better xx

Bels - I hear ya hunny! I'm trying to get out of this group too, 7lbs to go ;) Haha, I only kid ladies I love you all really, but will feel amazing for us all I bet when we get into those 19's! Feels like I've been plugging away to get out of the twenties FOREVER!

--

Good week for me this week, another 4lbs off getting me past the 4 stone weight loss mark, woop! :) Hope everyone is well xx

Thank you so much! Im going to the gym this morning so hopefully thatll help!

Betty x

Hi all had my first weigh in today from 21st 4lb and Lost 4.5lbs so I've just scraped my way back into the 20's!

:) x

I feel so desperate. Im now at my highest ever weight. Im disgusted with myself.

Again Im going to try to lose the weight, but it always seems like 2 stone off, 3 stone on.

:cry::(

I feel so desperate. Im now at my highest ever weight. Im disgusted with myself.

Again Im going to try to lose the weight, but it always seems like 2 stone off, 3 stone on.

:cry::(

Hey! I'm the same! Know exactly how you feel, but just try stay focused. I know its hard but just think what you want to achieve, good luck!

Betty x

Hey. Guys I'm caught up again. Betty well done you for giving it your all. Have you tried taking your iron tabs with fresh orange (I know it's a syn) but from my experience it helps a little. Those pesky little tablets can make you feel heavy iykwim

Xxxx

Hey. Guys I'm caught up again. Betty well done you for giving it your all. Have you tried taking your iron tabs with fresh orange (I know it's a syn) but from my experience it helps a little. Those pesky little tablets can make you feel heavy iykwim

Xxxx

Hey!
Thanks i might try it! Just a nightmare as i can't take them in the morning when i take my thyroxine so have them in the middle of day and at night. Wondered if there was any foods that might help..apart from prunes! Haha how many syns is fresh orange?

Betty x

Welcome Purple Roses, the more the merrier!

How is everyone's weekend going? Mine is good so far, just need another on plan day tomorrow and then I'm hoping for a nice loss on Tuesday! *fingers crossed*

Right Ive been 50/50 on the plan since saturday. 'Getting rid' of bad foods in the house. However tesco delivery tonight! No excuses. So far today Ive had

Milky coffee ( half my hexa)
2 scrambled eggs + ketchup (2 syns)
bowl of pineapple
Chicken mug shot

Hows that? so far so good?

Hi Amy, welcome to the group. Big well done on your loss so far and for plucking up the courage to post. You already know you can do this 'cos you've done it before. You will get there, its just a long trudge for us twenty stone plus peeps, i find breaking it down into little mini goals is a huge help.

X

Thank you :)

I think that's what I'm going to do... I've decided that when I've lost a stone (or maybe 1.5 stone - depending how optimistic I feel!) I'm going to treat myself to a new purse! (Already have my eyes on one!)

It's my ** week this week.... I cracked yesterday and had a creme egg (some one at work bought it for me) but apart from that I've been really good.... lots of fruit/salad/veg & lean meat for me!

Know I shouldnt have but weighed myself on the 12th (3 days after the 4lb loss weigh in) and apparently I'd lost another 1lb.... Can only be a sign that I'm doing this right? (Hopefully) As I thought usually on your ** week you weigh more due to water retention etc....

Hi Amy :) well done! I don't really put on during ** week but notice the week after can be difficult. I think often it is used as an excuse!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

On the topic of * week! - I find I always have a small loss on * week, so half a pound sometimes a pound and then I have a larger loss the week after. Sometimes up to 5lbs. My theory is probably the same as everyone else's but that I keep losing fat during both weeks but that the water retention disguises this in week 1.

Funny you should mention * week, I always have the same thing too. I have a small loss just before/during * week and then a big loss the following week (4-5.5lbs usually!)

I'm due on * week shortly and had my WI this morning and only lost 1/2 lb this week. So annoying, I've eaten better than I did the week before when I lost 4lbs! On the bright side I'm not letting it get me down as hopefully I've got that biggie loss to look forward to next week!

Hope everyone is having a good week xxx

Last time I was on SW and going to the classes I was told to expect a gain on my ** week....so I'll be right chuffed if I do manage to lose a few lbs this week, especially after a good loss last week!...

I'm in that mindset at the moment of I'm eating too much.... my bf is really really supportive, but keeps telling me how he's surprised I'm eating so much! I think pretty soon I'll turn into a grape!

I spent my lunch break planning my goals... how much I'd like to lose by when and what my treat will be.... another Gucci handbag is on the cards from my bf if I manage to lose 60lb by my birthday (basically means I need to lose about 2.5lb a week..) if that doesnt keep me motivated - nothing will!!

Hi all

I started at 19.8ish and I lost 6 lb in my first week. I like that we lose more when we first get started being bigger and all. Well there have to be some bonus somewhere, right?

I did however struggle over the weekend, I did the whole 'I've been weighed - this doesnt count!!' only it lasted all weekend. I'm back to 19.1 now so I'm pleased I can try and at least lose a few lb before weigh in on Saturday.. Anyone else have a pig out? I don't even feel good afterwards, that's the stupid thing!!

Also, looking for buddies, particularly around the 18 - 22 stone mark.. kinda feel like a blimp when I read about the 13 stoners wanting to lose a stone... I mean good for them... but... y'know :/

Amy - What an incentive! My boyfriend said he'd buy me a dress when I got to target, I told him I really wanted a Vivienne Westwood one and he agreed to it! He has no idea about the price of women's clothes and what he's got himself into, when he finds out I think he'll start buying me extra choccys! :D xx

Nay - Hey hun, well done on your first week loss. I know what you mean, it's a completely different ball game when you're 20st plus to when you've only got a stone or two to lose. For people our weight its more about completely overhauling the way we look at food and changing our diet, whereas for the lighter peeps usually a few changes are all it takes. It's hard to lose weight at any size though, but I'm glad we've got this thread where we can talk with other people who are in the same boat.

Re the pig out thing, its something I've managed to get away from now, but I found it hard at first and I remember having a birthday cake binge back in August! :rolleyes: Now so I don't feel deprived I tend to save up my syns so I can enjoy a takeaway night once a week or go out for a meal. Feels like a real treat usually, however after losing 0.5lbs this week the takeaway is cancelled and going to try and cook something special instead.

Do you have a diary on here? Mine is http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...inskinnity-my-mission-lose-13-5-stone-64.html if you link me to yours I'll subscribe. Can never have too many weight loss buddies xx

Last edited:
Very chuffed lost 8.5lbs this week so in the 23s just! Can't wait to be out of these 20s!!!

Very chuffed lost 8.5lbs this week so in the 23s just! Can't wait to be out of these 20s!!! Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Bloody well done. Xxx

Very chuffed lost 8.5lbs this week so in the 23s just! Can't wait to be out of these 20s!!!

Well done thats amazing! I must be round about the same weight as you, big congrats on getting into the 23s!!

Betty x

Back