Anyone 5ft11 or over?

hopeicandothis

Hi all , are there any ladies who like me are very tall?

I have always found men's comments about my size based around the fact that i'm "the size of a rugby player" or "built like a man" extremely painful and feel the need to try and always look feminine.

Does any other of us tall ladies feel the same?

My mates are all really jealous of my height and women tend to always say "i'd love to be that tall"

I have always wanted to be able to wear high heels and not feel like a tranny (flat shoes are nowhere near as pretty as heels)

I started CD on the 5th May at 14st9 and now weigh 13st10 i'm not really sure how much more i've got to lose, my CDC set my goal to 12st 7 but i am hoping to get to 11 something.

Would be interested to hear what some other tall people's goal weights are.

Hi, I can't help much I'm afraid as I'm only 5ft 7, but thought you might find this useful:

BMI Calculator

If you drag the bar to your height, it'll show you your BMI at a certain weight.

With your height, it looks like a healthy BMI (20-25) is between 10 stone 4 ish and 12 stone 12 ish. Now BMI is widely thought of as quite inrealiable, but it does serve as a good guide to the range of weights we can be and still fall in the 'healthy' category.

I'd say set your goal as 12 stone 7, and then re-evaluate when you are closer to goal. You may be very happy with the way you look then, or may want to lose a little more, its completely down to you when you get to that point!

Good luck on your journey

I'm 5 10 and most of the time I love being tall. Some things are frustrating, like not being able to wear heels and when I was single I realised how few tall men there are out there!

I have set my goal at just within the healthy bmi range at 12 6. Ideally I would like to get to 12 stone dead by moving up the plans. I think that's a good weight for me but I'll have a better idea closer to it.

Don't worry about comments people make about your height.. Learn to love it, being tall is awesome! X

Hi, I am 5' 10", and I know exactly what you are talking about. I have always thought of myself as a "big girl" even when I was skinny. Just because of my height. Always beeing taller than everyone when growing up, including the boys, and got remarks about it, left me to be insecure about it for a long time.

Now it is much better, but I still don't wear heals. I still feel like I am huge, and take up "more space" if you know what I mean.

I am not sure about my goal weight either. I put down 160, which is sort of a dream weight, I haven't been that low for years. Maybe 170 or there about is better. But I thought "aim for the stars" :D.

Hiya i am 5ft 10 so i do know where ya coming from and always felt like the jolly green giant and looked like him (apart from the colour lol) even slimmer still felt the same everyone always says they love my height and wish there were taller but that is just like straight hair people want curly hair, i would love to be smaller in more ways than one i am starting on Tuesday and weigh around 15 stone so that kind of says how much i have to lose
take care and good luck luv Sharon xxxx

Hi when i dieted before i got down to 11st 7lb, was a size 12-14 and looked and felt great....but it was so hard to keep to. This time i'm aiming for 12st, and will see where i go from there...if anywhere xxx

Hi ladies, thanks for your posts, Liz i have set my goal to 12st 7 and that's exactly what i am going to do..see if i feel like i need or want to lose more. Thanks for the link.

eyeontheprize, first of all congratulations you are an inspiration!!! And i do love being tall sometimes, but think those times are when i'm a lot slimmer and feel i can hold my head up.

Asa I know exactly what you mean about taking up more space..i think with me it is standing out more, which is fine if you look great lol:flirt2:..and the phrase "big girl" grrrrrrrr i hate it so much!!!
160 will probably make you a size 10 ish, i think for me personally thats probably going to be too much to ask:giggle:

therealbbe a lot of people say they'd love to be my height..and yep i do like curly hair too :giggle:

Do any of you have a problem with skirts not looking right and dresses just making you look like a transvestite? :8855:I look at smaller chubby girls and they always seem to look great in dresses...anyway i'm moaning now...it is nice to know you all feel sort of the same way as me though.

Keep up the good work x x x x

I almost never wear skirts or dresses (never dresses actually), but I am hoping they will fit better once I loose weight.

It is totally alright to moan :D. I absolutely too hate the "big girl" frase... And about my goal weight. I am not sure at all where I will end up. But I will know and maybe change it once I get there.

I am so excited about my WI tomorrow I can't almost not wait :D. Hope you all will have a good CD week!

Oooohh i love hearing people's weigh in results, let us know how you get on...i'm getting weighed tomorrow too so will let you know...good luck x x

Have a fab day everyone x x

What really does my head in is when people say but you can get away with it..........with your height!!!! Or i am in proportion so in other words i am FAT all over (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) lol
xxxxx

Oooohh i love hearing people's weigh in results, let us know how you get on...i'm getting weighed tomorrow too so will let you know...good luck x x

Have a fab day everyone x x

Hi! Seems like we had the same WI result on Monday :)! Let's hope for a similar or better one in a few days!

Hi ladies how are you all getting along? I've decided not to get weighed til next Monday as it was my birthday on friday and i went a bit mental over the weekend, back on diet from yesterday though so hopefully by next monday i will have a loss!!

Asa how did you get on at your weigh in?

therealbbe even my CDC used that expression when i first saw her...she said you're tall you can carry it off!! ARGGHHHHH!!!! lol

Have a great day ladies, keep up the great work x x x x

Hi Hopeicandothis! good idea not gettign weighed, i am waiting until June 23rd until i next weigh myself as i get too obsessed with it and even though i know fat is coming off when i am 100% i still find it disheartening if the scales don't move for a few days! hope you had a good weekend and enjoyed it and happy birthday for Friday! :)

Hi ladies how are you all getting along? I've decided not to get weighed til next Monday as it was my birthday on friday and i went a bit mental over the weekend, back on diet from yesterday though so hopefully by next monday i will have a loss!!

Asa how did you get on at your weigh in?

therealbbe even my CDC used that expression when i first saw her...she said you're tall you can carry it off!! ARGGHHHHH!!!! lol

Have a great day ladies, keep up the great work x x x x

Hi, I had a great WI yesterday, 4 lbs! I am very happy with my total of 19 lbs in my first month, almost a 1/4 of the way to my goal :character00100:.

Now my trousers are getting really loose :D. But I can still wear them. I must be that we who are a bit taller, have to shed more pounds before dropping a size, right?

Good luck to you all!

Hi, I had a great WI yesterday, 4 lbs! I am very happy with my total of 19 lbs in my first month, almost a 1/4 of the way to my goal :character00100:.

Now my trousers are getting really loose :D. But I can still wear them. I must be that we who are a bit taller, have to shed more pounds before dropping a size, right?

Good luck to you all!

Well done on your loss, Asa!! :D I took a while before going down in jeans sizes. And even now, I have these strappy tops from last year, a lot of them unworn :eek:, in size 18. They're pretty stretchy and instead of being tight on me I am wearing them now and they're a bit looser. So saves me having to buy new ones :D.

Soon2bslimmer x ;)

Wow, what a great weight loss you have been having! Well done! I see you are on CD 1000, how long have you been there? Did you do SS before that?

Hi Asa - sorry to be replying a bit late, only just noticed your post :eek:. I did SS for the first 10 weeks, then went on holiday over Easter with my packs and only had 2 (sensible) meals out. When back, I had my 810cals week and have been moving up the plans since, slowly! Still on 1000cals now. Can't do SS anymore as BMI is under 25 :D. Still losing weight though, yippee, another 2lbs to go and I will have lost 4 stone. Another 7lbs after that and I will be at goal :eek:. I did not think this was possible back in January when I started my CD journey :).

CD rocks!!

Soon2bslimmer x ;)

Wow!!! That's amazing! I am so impressed! What a great journey! Any words of wisdom for the rest of us :)?

Good luck with the rest of the pounds!

Wow!!! That's amazing! I am so impressed! What a great journey! Any words of wisdom for the rest of us :)?

Good luck with the rest of the pounds!

Thanks :D. Words of wisdom? Just the obvious really; stick to the plan and the weight will drop off ;).

Soon2bslimmer x

Back