anyone actually had a good loss???

cambridge*diet*08

Silver Member
it seems like everyone is experiencing slow losses on atkins/ low carb...

has anyone had some good losses to tell us about?

what are we doing wrong? (or in my case what 'was' i doing wrong?)

:break_diet:

I lost 4lbs last week. For me that was a good loss. I'd stalled on CD and to lose 4lbs and be eating was FANTASTIC for me. I know Dancing lost 11lbs her first week, but struggling with the scales at the moment. I think that when you come off SSing, your body has to re-adjust. I think it takes a few weeks, but know Atkins does work. My friend lost 4 stones last year.

I lost 5lbs the first week and after that I consistently lost 3lbs per week when I was doing it a few years ago. I had one STS week but I was out for a big off diet meal that week.

I'm only in week 1, had already lost 6lbs by this morning (beginning of day 3) so am pretty impressed so far! And its not water- cos my special scales say so! x

i have lost 4st with atkins and averaged 3lb a week ,i think it takes a few weeks to ajust when you come off one diet to another and you need to allow time for this gin xx

I lost 5lbs and couldve been more if I drank more water, saying that I did drink 2 ltrs yesterday and the scales have gone up!

sue x

Just been weighed and I've lost another 2lbs. Thats 6lbs in two weeks. Might not sound much, but I'm under target now and was losing 1 or 2 lbs a week on the 810 plan. I'm stuffed. I'm just cooking my bacon asparagus and having it with two runny eggs and a lovely coffee and cream. I don't even feel like I'm dieting. I LOVE ATKINS.

My scales are showing a 7lb loss so far, although official weigh in is tomorrow. I started at 14st 1lb, and scales are 13st 8 this morning. Hoping for another wee sneaky half, or even a whole pound, for tomorrow.

I have stuck to Atkins induction foods only, been drinking my water. If I have wanted something chocolate I made the chocolate bark recipe from Rose Elliots low carb vegetarian, and I also have sugar free jelly in the fridge for a snack attack if needed.

All in all its actually been pretty good. Have chucked my ketostix. Waste of time.

wow lexie you are doing so well. keep up the good work! it obv works for you.
xxx

Hey Lexie hun, fancy being my Atkins buddy? I could do with having someone to chat with seeing as lots of people have dropped off recently! How are you getting on? xx

Atkins Newbie!

Hey there!

I have been doing this diet called Go Lower for a week, as i want to loose about a stone and a half by the end of summer and i just couldn't put up with weight watchers any more!! :D So i ordered the pack and by the end of my first week i have lost....nothing at all :( !! Very disappointed! So i dug out a load of my old Atkins books that i bought last year (but i never used then as i did the South Beach Diet instead which semi worked but was rather complicated and i got frustrated with it all!) And thought i could give Atkins a go.

I'm going to read the book tonight to get to grips with it and was hoping someone on here might be my atkins buddy to help me along as i'm really keen to loose this weight once and for all!!! haha

What are everyone's goals for the week and any tips for a new girl?

Hope your all doing well so far, everyone's losses seem pretty steady which is great.

Hey wanabslim (good name by the way! :jelous: ) yeah i'd love you to be my atkins buddy!

Got all the book in front of me now! The Cook Booke, the new diet revolution, the planner! haha i should be all prepared! :D

So how are you doing and when did you start? I have Eggs in, and slices of ham and turkey, and lots of kale and spinach! My goal is to loose 12-14lbs in June and another 12lbs in July!!

i've just come back from an acupuncture session actually! Supposed to help you relax and help boost slow metabolisms! I have to say i feel verrry chilled and positive! Think i'll go and do a bit of the cross trainer for 25-30 mins! How's your day been so far?

Have you got any tips for what to start out eating in the first few days that's easy as i dont like having to think about too complicated recipies? :rolleyes: haha

Back