Anyone been/booked florida this year??

kelly1977

Back On CD.......
Hiya,

Well here I am again planning on my 2nd trip to Florida as we both fell in love last yr with the place..

Just wanted to ask if anyone has been or booked this year, it cost us £1400 last yr for flights and hotel for 2wks, Dibb members said that was expensive, Cant seem to get much cheaper this yr, Sick of searching head is done in!! :confused:

Any advice??

xx

what time of year are you going? I like expedia, or netflights.com do some pretty good deals too, play around with your dates with expedia and you cansometimes get to go cheaper if you move your days around.

Where would you like to stay in Florida?

I went in May for a long weekend LOL.

Used my virgin miles for flights, stayed at All Stars - £56 per night and rented a car from airline-network.

I love love LOVE the place, have been about 12 times and never tire of it. New York is a fab place too.

Have you contacted cinders mum on the dibb, shes a travel agent and a good one too.

Going in November for 3 weeks! so excited. I love America. Might be moving there next year, yay!

I'm looking forward to Florida. Can't wait to go to Busch Gardens. I love rollercoasters.

Hopefully I'll be at goal or close to it then so I dont stick on Miami beach lol.

I haven't been this year, but have been every years for a bout 5 years now.

I generally book flights (not just the states) through ebookers and accomodation through roomsnet.com.

The trick to getting the best deals is to travel on low traffic volume days. Ebookers is quite quick at requesting flights the day before or day after your ideal day - it is surprising how much you save by moving your holiday by just a day or two - assuming you can do that with work of course.

Good luck - grrr it has me thinking about an October holiday now - perhaps I could squeeze just one more holiday in this year :)

what time of year are you going? I like expedia, or netflights.com do some pretty good deals too, play around with your dates with expedia and you cansometimes get to go cheaper if you move your days around.

Where would you like to stay in Florida?

October we wanna go & stay on I.Drive..

I went in May for a long weekend LOL.

Used my virgin miles for flights, stayed at All Stars - £56 per night and rented a car from airline-network.

I love love LOVE the place, have been about 12 times and never tire of it. New York is a fab place too.

Have you contacted cinders mum on the dibb, shes a travel agent and a good one too.

Aww I love Florida so much, its fab, no I havent thanks for the advice,,

I'm going to Orlando Florida in November for 2 weeks. The trip's been planned by my best friend's mum, who takes her family every year and this is going to be their last to Florida and then it's going to be New York in 2011!

I think it worked out to be £600 for flights and hotels each but because I've never even looked into it before wouldn't know if this is a good deal or not!

It's only my second time out of the country and I'm a little worried about it all really but very excited! :D

x

Well I have looked it up & its gonna cost around that price each for us too.. Not bad..
Wanna try and go for longer this yr, :rolleyes:

Going in November for 3 weeks! so excited. I love America. Might be moving there next year, yay!

I'm looking forward to Florida. Can't wait to go to Busch Gardens. I love rollercoasters.

Hopefully I'll be at goal or close to it then so I dont stick on Miami beach lol.

We loved busch Gardens, Mainly for the animals, wanna do the safari this yr, wanna feed the giraffes!!
How come u might be moving there, ya lucky!! :D

I haven't been this year, but have been every years for a bout 5 years now.

I generally book flights (not just the states) through ebookers and accomodation through roomsnet.com.

The trick to getting the best deals is to travel on low traffic volume days. Ebookers is quite quick at requesting flights the day before or day after your ideal day - it is surprising how much you save by moving your holiday by just a day or two - assuming you can do that with work of course.

Good luck - grrr it has me thinking about an October holiday now - perhaps I could squeeze just one more holiday in this year :)

Thanks very much for the advice, I am so excited, still havent booked, need to get our skates on,

I would try thomsonfly.co.uk - they have a fare finder and I'd recommend Days Inn Idrive. I got return flights from NCL and hotel for £250 each last June.

You might also want to try flyglobespan.com from Glasgow as they are usually cheap. And as for hotels, there are loads to choose from. Globespan also have some excellent last minute packages (£300 for a week).

I'm always looking for a Florida bargain :)

I've been to Florida twice, went in October 2005 and then in August 2006 for three weeks. I'm in love with this place and really want to go back. I was spose to go this August, had the villa booked, but had to cancel earlier in the year because my parents couldnt afford it no more (stupid credit crunch!) lol.... theres 7 of us in our house so its always alot of money. Each time I've gone i have stayed in a villa in Kissimmee which is just outside of Orlando, and a 10min drive from Disney. I've been to all the Disney parks, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, and have drove down to Tampa Bay to go Busch Gardens (if you go there you must go on Sheikra!) i really wanted to do the safari there but didnt have the time. Also water park wise I've been to wet'n'wild, and to disneys Typhoon Lagoon. Plus in 2005 i went to Discovery Cove and was a 'trainer for the day' and swam with Dolphins! its a day I'll never forget, also i had to feed sharks, sting rays, and other fish and animals. I really want to go back because more rides have opened and seaworld have a new water park 'aquatica'... If you are doing the theme parks then i recommend that you get the 6-park Flex ticket (basically has all the parks except from disney). Also october is a good month to go to america because there is so much hype for halloween out there, and they basically celebrate it all month, so if you are brave enough then attend one of the fright nights, i was too chicken when i went in 05' i was only 14 at the time lol... I could talk about florida all day if i wanted haha (but i wont), i love it so much, i wanna be there now! .... i may be working out there for 3 months next summer doing that 'camp america' program.

We've been several times & so want to go back.

I booked through travel city direct (now owned by Virgin) but don't just go on thier website ring them as they play around with dates etc.

I got theme park tickets through www.ticketmania.com which worked out cheaper than anywhere else I'd seen.

I'm so jealous have a lovely time :D

Back