Anyone been on a Sun £9.50 holiday in the uk?

i love these! my recent trip was combe haven in hastings on 5th Nov 2010 and we loved it! it was the first time we stayed in a chalet and couldnt fault it, tho it was an upgrade via the sun so we paid a little more for it just so the bedrooms had heating as it was Nov and i have an 18 mth old. as it happens it was really mild and we didnt need the heating! we have also been to lots of haven parks up East coast, again couldnt fault them. The only place we ever had probs was butlins. we had to queue 1 1/2 hours b4 opening time to get a seat in the club room, and even then we often still didnt get a seat. they seem to have too many guests compared to their club house capacity and it wasnt even peak season, this happened on 3 seperate holidays. but id def recommend haven :) HTH

How does it work? Am I too late to start collecting the tokens? & am I right in thinking that you might end up with no holiday at all?

Here's the link which gives you more info. You could end up without a holiday but they do let you know quite quickly after the closing date. The key is to be as flexible with your dates and parks as you possibly can be

£9.50 holidays 2010 | The Sun's bargain holidays for £9.50 are back for Jan 2011 | The Sun |Travel|Sun £9.50 holidays

i love these! my recent trip was combe haven in hastings on 5th Nov 2010 and we loved it! it was the first time we stayed in a chalet and couldnt fault it, tho it was an upgrade via the sun so we paid a little more for it just so the bedrooms had heating as it was Nov and i have an 18 mth old. as it happens it was really mild and we didnt need the heating! we have also been to lots of haven parks up East coast, again couldnt fault them. The only place we ever had probs was butlins. we had to queue 1 1/2 hours b4 opening time to get a seat in the club room, and even then we often still didnt get a seat. they seem to have too many guests compared to their club house capacity and it wasnt even peak season, this happened on 3 seperate holidays. but id def recommend haven :) HTH

I love Combe Haven! We seem to go there at least once a year, for a long weekend with friends. The only downside was the pool last year, it was being done up and the water was freezing and we all came home with colds and bugs!!!

We had a chat about the Sun holidays and we're gonna give em a miss this year, but still check out a camping/caravan holiday for the summer, maybe Cornwall again, cos we loved it there last time.

I LOVE THE SUN HOLIDAYS!!!!

First time I went on one was 12 years ago when I was a single mum with my daughter. Then I had a lovely one in Burnham on Sea with my mum & daughter the following year and then with hubby & both our kids when they were younger. The last 3 years me & hubby and had some lovely weekends away on our own, our little cheap escape from kids and furries in the house!

We get really excited, like a pair of kids......we take lots of wine and beer (the main necessities! a cool box full of bacon, eggs, treats etc, then just enjoy each others company for 3/4 days, it is heaven. We never spend too much money if we can help it, but do treat ourselves to a meal out in the evenings (but not an expensive one) We just walk, talk, window shop, explore and do touristy things, really good quality time.

Our last one was November 2009 and we went to Great Yarmouth, the chalet was basic, but we took our own linen and didn't bother with entertainment passes, so the only extra is for heating. And the bonus was that as we were the last holidayers of the season, they started clearing out the chalets for demolishion through the winter season and one of the workmen gave us an lcd tv! he said they were only going to be chucked anyway, lovely man!

Our next sun holiday is to Mablethorpe on 1st April, really looking forward to it. We have always highlighted the parks that seem good then searched for them online. It will then tell you more about the park and things to do in the area.

Enjoy!

These are great, went to Skeggy Butlins last October.... agree about the eve entertainment, we only went to one evening show - the Dora / Diegeo one to please our 3 yo and ended up standing. But couldn't fault the daytime stuff for our children with the free fairground rides and Bobs yard etc. Defo going to try again for butlins this year, though we are going to put northern france down as other choices.

Back