25 stone to 19 stone in 8 months.

hi helena
lets us all know your ok hun

Thank ladies for caring about me.

Feeling depressed and a failure as I have TOTALLY failed to reach the goal stated in the very name of this journal.

I was supposed to have dropped from 352lb to 266lb by Maundy Thursday. In reality, I was 329 yesterday. So I only lost 23lb and not the 84lb I had promised.

Maybe this is why we should never set a weight as a goal?

I've been really ill for a few days. THIS TIME it was an allergic reaction to the antibiotics that I have been put on long term to cure the bacterial infection of the lungs that causes me to have unpredictable, terrifying asthma attacks. My lack of appetite over the past couple of weeks allowed me to lose 10lb in 10 days. However, that lack of appetite then led to complete anorexia when the fever/chills and other horrid side effects flared up.

I found I was unable to eat ANYTHING that I have at home, from the fruit and yoghurt to the home-made "ready meals" that I made and froze myself. Everything I looked at in the fridge, cupboards and freezer totally failed to interest me; in fact I found it all really unpalatable and walked away, having eaten nothing.

I started getting the shakes and blurred vision through lack of food. I was too ill to go to the surgery but spoke to doc on the phone and she said it was important that I eat well to keep up my strength and to avoid these hypoglycaemic episodes.

The only thing I could face to eat was junk food from takeaways. Even then, when I cast my eye over the menus I was struggling to find anything I could bear the thought of eating. I ended up having chicken doner kebab meat in a wrap one night and a Chinese meal the next. The only other meal I had on those days was home made lentil soup for breakfast, so I don't think I went over 2,000 calories either day.

Yesterday I could not face any food at all, and ended up eating nothing but chocolate all day :-( Must have had over 1,000 calories in chocolate!

By the evening I managed another chicken wrap kebab and half a portion of chips (threw away the rest).

Have regained 4lb in 4 days.

Still not 100%. Can't breathe... nose blocked one minute then streaming the next. Still on Ventolin. Walking a short way leaves me breathless, but I am trying to do 2 to 3 minutes jiggling to music either standing or sitting. I'm tired, breathless, fed up and miserable. I have a guest arriving any minute to spend a week with me and I am really going to struggle to make myself good company.

So, it's no longer 25 stone to 19 stone in 8 months, but 25 stone to 23 stone in 8 months :)

hi helena
sorry to ready you are still unwell love but im not having you saying your a failure YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE ​you have done great losing what you have in this time with your illness so a pat on the back for you helena you have done great x x x xx x x

look at the positives x that could have been 23 lb on and its not, its off x :)

in the bigger picture you are over 3st lighter and have lost 10 %, which is thought to bring its own benefits for health, blood pressures and blood sugers

you have knocked 8 points from your bmi as well x

where is the failure in that ???

you are not failing x you are suceeding xxxx

Definitely not a failure. Losing weight gradually is generally healthier and more sustainable than a sudden huge loss. It can be frustrating, since there's no instant gratification, but you'll get there. Slow and steady.

morning helena
how are you feeling today love x x

look at the positives x that could have been 23 lb on and its not, its off x :)

in the bigger picture you are over 3st lighter and have lost 10 %, which is thought to bring its own benefits for health, blood pressures and blood sugers

you have knocked 8 points from your bmi as well x

where is the failure in that ???

you are not failing x you are suceeding xxxx

Exactly what Broadsbean says - this is something to be proud of Helena, we live so vicariously and focus on the day to day stuff, but as Bean says, look at the bigger picture and wow!

Hope you're feeling better today x

I've enjoyed, felt motivated and gained a better understanding of this losing weight lark by reading up to page 50 of your diary (over several days) I'll carry on until I've read it all over time. You're doing really well (yes I know you have your ups and down but so do most of us I reckon - check out my username!). I especially admire your exercise regime, I hope you stick at it - I'm sure it will make a difference particularly when you change your trainer to one who's supportive and show more understanding about your situation. xx

hi helena
happy easter hope you have had a nice day lovely x x

Sorry for my absence for a few days. Been down with the flu bug that is going around, and it's made my chest infection much worse.

Welcome Updown and thank you for reading.

As predicted, Easter has been a nightmare as far as dieting is concerned and it ain't over yet. Chocolate, Chinese, pizza, fried chicken, potatoes, cake, cream cakes, you name it, I've cheated on it. Not just cos it's Easter and a mate came to stay for a week and led me astray, but, being ill I just stopped caring about losing weight and just wanted to comfort and console myself, and also to tempt myself because I lost my senses of taste and smell and my appetite, and became very picky and hard to please, food wise.

Helena

lovely to see you hun on hear x x x

Sometimes other things take priority, like finding something you can stomach when your ill. It's not cheating it's just re prioritising. I've got every confidence that you'll be right back on it when you start feeling better.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I don't think anyone would blame you for that Helena, sometimes when we're ill it's more important to eat something rather than not eating because you know you're only allowed the things you don't want. It might not have been healthy but you know what was wrong with it and your body needed fuel. You can get back on track, you know you can because you've been doing so well.

As much as we'd all like to wake up 5 stone lighter, it is a slow road and a long journey - you wont go the rest of your life without slip ups, so it's important to learn to deal with them.
X

Thank you for all the messages of support, ladies.

I'm back in the land of the living, having spent a week in a semi-life lying on the sofa swaddled in blankets and eating totally off-plan. Chocolate, Chinese, pizza, KFC, potatoes, cake, cream cakes, HobNobs, you name it, I've eaten it. Couldn't taste most of it, but I enjoyed the textures! Yesterday I had a giant bar of Galaxy for lunch and a huge plate of cod n chips for dinner. It was the biggest cod I've ever seen ... dangled off a large dinner plate at both ends, it was about 15 inches long!

I just stepped on the scale for the first time in a week, feeling really depressed in anticipation of seeing a weight gain of 5 to 10lbs.
Amazingly, I am now at 326lb. My previous weight, a week ago, was 335 (the scale records ones previous weight.)

I simply cannot understand it. But I don't have to, do I? I can just rejoice that by some miracle I got away with it!

It's so much easier to "carry on where you left off" than to have to re-lose weight that you previously lost and then regained during a holiday or sick week, So I am feeling really joyous and happy right now.

Still cannot breathe properly, so still confined to home, but will spend a bit more time up and about today rather than on sofa etc.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Helena

Yay, that's brilliant news Helena! Glad you're more in the land of the living too. Fingers crossed you start to feel fully recovered v soon.

Back