Anyone been to Egypt recently?

law3a3m

Gold Member
Random post alert!!
We're going to Egypt with Thomas Cook in September and we're wanting to go to the pyramids. Has anyone been recently with an idea of how much the trip cost? We're staying in Hurghada

Thanks!

Hi Hun
We go to Egypt alot. The Cairo trip is around £150 to £200 depending on if you want to go by bus or flight.
The bus journey takes around 6 hours or the flight is 45 minutes.
The trip includes all transport, fees into the pyramids and Cairo museum and also lunch.

I hope this helps xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Hun
We go to Egypt alot. The Cairo trip is around £150 to £200 depending on if you want to go by bus or flight.
The bus journey takes around 6 hours or the flight is 45 minutes.
The trip includes all transport, fees into the pyramids and Cairo museum and also lunch.

I hope this helps xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Is that £150 each? Just trying to get an idea of how much money we'll need as the holiday itself is all inclusive. Would you go through Thomas cook or one of the local companies?
Xx

we stayed in hurghada, think it was £80 each we flew over too (40min flight) and cost of museum and pyramid included xx that was 3 yrs ago xx

I went 18months ago and stayed at the festival riveria hotel but we didn't do any excursions. This time we're staying at sunrise holiday resort x

Erm, this one!

image-483650801.jpg

It'll cost a lot less if you do it yourselves rather than an organised trip. Maybe check Egypt Air flights to Cairo or see how much the bus is.

Last edited:
tbh i couldnt be doing with the hassle of organising it myself at least when you book through hotel your taxi transfer to/from airport, return flight, transport and guide around cairo, lunch (mine was in hardrock cafe), pyramids and museum all included (if your on holiday arent u meant to relax?) each to their own plus its only something your only likely to do once... xx

tbh i couldnt be doing with the hassle of organising it myself at least when you book through hotel your taxi transfer to/from airport, return flight, transport and guide around cairo, lunch (mine was in hardrock cafe), pyramids and museum all included (if your on holiday arent u meant to relax?) each to their own plus its only something your only likely to do once... xx

I'm thinking along the same lines! We're only there for a week and as long as we get the pyramid trip done we're happy to stay in hurghada for the rest of the week. Just needed an idea of coatings and unbelievably Thomas cook have zero information about the excursions they offer online! I would have thought they'd advertise them beforehand for people to plan.

we booked through thomas cook but likewise didnt get much info before about the trips! We were lucky enough to get the 2 last tickets for the biggest pyramid...apparently the tickets sell quickly for that pyramid xx

I agree with Laura, although it can be cheaper to do your on thing I prefer to stick with my holiday co any and get everything as a package. It's also peace of mind too for insurance purposes.

its annoying how holiday companies never advertise the trips before you go, as I like to get an idea of how much they are going to cost etc. xxx

Definitely when it comes to insurance too :)! When i went i went in august people were fainting in the museum the air con is rubbish in there! But it was all so easy and straight forward, is a long day tho! but worth it!

I want to go valley of the kings this year but my other half isnt having any of it! ah well 2 weeks in the sun and in august again (downside of being a teacher lol) We decided on Egypt due to the fact alot less people are going to take their children to somewhere so hot. Dont get me wrong i love kids! but when i havent got my own i want to make the most of my own time with the fiancé xx :)

Definitely when it comes to insurance too :)! When i went i went in august people were fainting in the museum the air con is rubbish in there! But it was all so easy and straight forward, is a long day tho! but worth it!

I want to go valley of the kings this year but my other half isnt having any of it! ah well 2 weeks in the sun and in august again (downside of being a teacher lol) We decided on Egypt due to the fact alot less people are going to take their children to somewhere so hot. Dont get me wrong i love kids! but when i havent got my own i want to make the most of my own time with the fiancé xx :)

Ha I totally get this! Out hotel is over-16s only lol! I know it's not term time but I hate the screaming and splashing....and worse of all....the children's 'entertainment'. I remember in Turkey every night was an hour of the birdy song (how retro) and equally as naff tunes, some of which were in German. Played in the same order every night for 2 weeks was horrific!
I hope we manage to go. If we go to the welcome meeting and book it there and then I'm hoping we'll be alright x

You should try Thomson website, I know you aren't going with them but they actually list excursions and what not and they tend to compete with each other so should give u a rough idea.

Definitely fly, we took the train and a coach from Luxor to Cairo and it was the longest day imaginable and sweltering so not what I would recommend, you want to enjoy your holiday :)

Hurghada is beautiful, although we only got one night so didn't see a lot (our holiday was to Luxor so both Cairo and Hurghada were overnight trips for us)

Have a fantastic time! :) x

Back