Anyone changed to SW or WW from CD?

sophie_mk

Hi,
I am considering coming off the Cambridge Diet as cannot manage the fluid intake you neeed to stay healthy....
Would like to go onto Slimming World or Slim Fast - but have been advised that I will put ALL my weight back on (23lbs)....I really don't want that to happen.
If anyone has swapped please tell me how you did it? I have been told I will have to work through all the plans but if I can't drink the water I don't want to do that.
Many thanks,
Sophie xxx

Sophie this might not be much help but I am on CD at the moment and working up plans from SS since nov. I am planning on getting to target and maintaining with SW it is a great plan. I dont think you would put 23lb back on. Going from SS straight onto SW yes I think you could put on a few punds ie even 5-6 but then you should level out at that and then following SW start to loose again. I am going up the plans as I am terrified of even putting on that few pounds so hoping by going up CD plan I can switch to SW without a gain, I have my fingers crossed anyway. Hopefully someone who has already switched will be along soon and should have more of a idea. Well done on your loss so far and good luck with the rest of your journey hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeez thats a harsh comment that you will put all of your weight back on!
If you do choose SW i would do maily red days whilst slowly introducing some carbs into it.
You may have a slight gain, 2-3lbs but not 23! and im sure alot of other slimmers will agree with me.
It will be a roller coaster ride whilst you get your body used to eating but flipping heck a slight gain in the first week/2weeks is inevitable esp if you have been SS.
Good luck with what ever plan you choose and well done on your weight loss so far.
Ruthy xxxx

Hi there,

I came off CD 2 weeks ago, initally lost a stone on CD and at my first SW weigh in last Thursday I'd only gained 2lb.

My advice would be to come off CD and be very careful about what you eat. I tended to stick to chicken, veg, salad etc for the 2 weeks but did have blips now and again when I was tempted and the results are there. However if you quit CD and immediately start to eat fats, takeaways etc, for 2 weeks then that can be disasterous.

SW for me this first week has been great as I've been able to introduce foods like pasta and rice again in my diet that I've missed terribly.

My first weighin is tomorrow night and I reckon I've lost about 2 - 3 lbs. Not the gigantic losses that you saw on CD but I feel healthy, I'm happy and I know i've lost inches.

Do not listen to peoples horror stories as everyones experience is different and most that like to shock like that are just jealous.

Good luck with SW, it really does give you a choice on how you want to lose and is flexible enough to cope with a blip here or there.

T4A x

CD

I LOST 2.5 STONE ON CD BUT UNFOTUNATLEY DID PUT MOST BACK ON BUT THAT WAS MY OWN STUPIDITY!:cry: IF YOU STOP CD AND TAKE IT EASY JOIN SW ITS REALLY GOOD. I CAME OFF CD AND NEVER JOINED A SLIMMING CLUB THOUGHT I WOULD BE OKAY AND WITHIN 6 MONTHS I WAS SLOWLY PUTTING IT BACK ON. STARTED BACK ON SW AND ITS A GREAT DIET IF YOU STICK TO IT. MY PROBLEM WAS STRAIGHT OFF CD AND HAD TAKEAWAYS AND VIRTUALLY ANYTHING. ANYWAY ENOUGH OF ME I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST KEEP US INFORMED HUN XX;)...

Hi, I was interested to read this thread, as I am also thinking of doing SW, after doing LL and then CD and putting nearly all my weight back on. I now feel I need a complete change. I can't face going back to CD and living on liquids again - it's so limiting.

The thing I am wrestling with is - after being used to the quick losses on CD, can I cope with taking things so much more slowly? I need to lose about 3 stone; would it be realistic to expect to do this by Christmas on SW? I so badly need something to aim for.

I also seem to have lost my way with eating after following SS on and off for the last 3 years. So I like the idea of following a healthy eating plan to lose weight this time. I also like the idea of group support.

I've never tried SW, only WW years ago. For those of you on SW, and ex-CDers - do you think Slimming World would be a good place for me? I can't bear to think I'm doomed to quick fixes and instant regains.

Any advice much appreciated - thank you!

well all I can say is that I love the SW eating plan I am working my way up CD plan but after loosing 4 and a bit stone my weight loss has slowed right down now. I want to go straight onto SW not just in the hope of slowly loosing a few more pounds but also as a way of maintaining my loss I am paranoid at the thought of being on CD since Nov only to put it back on so I am hoping SW will let me enjoy food, I love the eating plan anyway plus not pile back on my weight and maybe even slowly loose a little more too. Thats the theory anyway
Doesnt help you I know but I can say I have done SW previously and did loose 2 stone put it all back on again though but that was my own stupid fault, it is a really great diet xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have lost over 6 stone with the Cambridge Diet - the majority was lost last summer with the last vanity 1/2 stone in the last month or so. I calorie counted over Christmas and through January to maintain, but long-term I don't feel that calorie counting is the best plan for me and maintaining my loss as it is quite fiddly on a day to day basis.

After looking at lots of different possibilities I have decided that I think the slimming world plans and food optimising in general is a really great plan that will work well with my lifestyle with the free and super-free food concepts.

I have only kicked off with the plans this week so will let you know how it works out ;)

How are you finding it Ruth?

Ruthy xxx

So far I am loving it Ruthy :D.

I have always been a fruit and veg lover so the concept of being able to eat unlimited amounts of most types of fruit and veg is just Heaven to me - especially after not having had them for 5-6 months while on Cambridge Sole Source.

I have found it an absolute pleasure planning my meals this week :p - I have got the 2 slimming world magazine from this year so far and have also been looking at recipe/menu ideas from minimins (thank you for sharing everyone !! :)) and from the slimming world website too. Once I have got more of a hang of planning my days I look forward to being able to share my menu's with you guys on the daily thread. I am not going to class (my friend has lent me her books) as I am not really trying to lose more weight, don't get me wrong if my body wants to lose another 1/2 stone that would be fine as I would still be in the middle of the healthy weight range for my height, but I am genuinely happy with my weight now and need a healthly balanced eating plan that will help me maintain moving forwards - I am confident slimming world will fit that bill!

So far my weight has crept up a couple of pounds over the week (I know daily weighing is bad bad bad :whoopass: ) but this was only to be expected as I have introduced a higher level of carbs than I have been used to on the Cambridge stabilisation plans so I am not worried about this at all.

I managed to get some quark in tesco last night so am going to give the chickpea cake a go over the next week - I will let you know how that goes :rolleyes:.

Anyhoo - so far so good :p.

PS does anyone know what size bag of Rainbow drops is 2 syns - there are 3 different sizes of bags in the supermarket!

Good luck all you past CDers I am watching your threads with interest as I will be joining you from CD soon I am just so terrified of gaining more than a couple of pounds. I will not be at target when I leave CD but cant continue CD and pay for my hol in Oct so am hopeing to continue weight loss with SW keep us posted on your progress luv Alli xxxxxxxx

Hope this helps Ruthlet

Swizzels Matlow Rainbow Drops 28g[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 4 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 4 Syns
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

Good luck all you past CDers I am watching your threads with interest as I will be joining you from CD soon I am just so terrified of gaining more than a couple of pounds. I will not be at target when I leave CD but cant continue CD and pay for my hol in Oct so am hopeing to continue weight loss with SW keep us posted on your progress luv Alli xxxxxxxx

Coming off CD doesnt necessarily mean gaining. One formed CDer who started WW last week had a fantastic loss for her first week, Im sure that sticking to SW could have a similar result :)

Good luck when you start it :)

I done CD for a bit but found it sooooooo hard, and i know i would have put all my weight on if not more when i started to eat food again.
Im glad you are preparing and reading your slimming world magazine and in this months issue there is a lovely recipe for fishcakes!

Good luck with your weight loss and dont be too disheartend if you do gain a little its ony to be expected when switching from CD to SW.

rUTHY XXX

Back