Anyone doing core??

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
Is it just me or is it really really hard to stick to 21 points a week?? By the time you even have a little bit of mayo/bread etc there is very little left :sigh:

I'm not doing core but I imagine it must be hard! x
Especially the huge dollops of mayo that I consume! :) x

I'm starting Core on Monday, not getting along very well with Points. Have you tried Hellmans Extra Light Mayo - its 1/2 point for 3 tablespoons! I tend to limit myself to 1 tablespoon at a time and therefore I count it as zero points. Also WW do some really nice salad dressings (Balsamic dressing my fav) and they are zero points for 1 tablespoon which goes quite a long way on a salad.

We have the same amount of weight to lose Lydia - maybe we can do it together on core!!

I am just going to have to be really good this weekend!!

That would be brilliant, really could do with a diet buddy as struggling a bit motivation wise as weight just isn't coming off! I'm starting core officially on Monday!:)

I'm doing Core. I've found it quite easy because I have gone cold turkey on things like mayo. I just don't have it. I use Heinz Sandwhich Spread, which is 0.5 points for a serving.

I have cut out crisps, cakes, chocolate, etc out of my diet altogether. I use Paul McKenna CDs to motivate me and I use the techniques of Intuitive eating, which is what Core is based on anyway. Core is great for me.

I like the idea of Core as there is less counting and less likelihood of feeling hungry but I do struggle with the thought of only having 21 points a week to play with.

That being said, I'm not getting to grips with Points very well either and at least you don't need to weigh and measure everything on Core.

Decisions, decisions.

Might give Core a try next week and see how it goes though.

Im on core ive just finished my first week & ive lost 4 1/2 pounds so im pleased with that.Im finding in it easy not have too count everything, i use Hellmans fat free vinaigrette on salads.

I use Heinz Sandwhich Spread, which is 0.5 points for a serving.

I used to have that on my sandwiches when I was a kid - haven't seen it in years - must try it again!

I'm looking forward to doing core because although I always stick to my points (but do use up a lot of my bonus points) I often will snack on rubbish like low fat crisps and the WW cereal bars so only being able to snack on fruit unless I want to start using up my points will encourage not to waste points and use them far more wisely than I do now. Want to save the majority of them for the weekend.

I really like WW balsamic vinegar dressing which is 0 points its lovely on salads, I tend to also use Hellmans Extra Light mayo which is 1/2pt for 3 tablespoons but I limit myself to 1 tablespoon which is zero points.

Ive done my menu plans for the whole of the month of july for Core and I am trying out loads and loads of new receipes so will keep people posted on whats good and whats not!

That would be brilliant, really could do with a diet buddy as struggling a bit motivation wise as weight just isn't coming off! I'm starting core officially on Monday!:)

Me too:( but I really want to lose it so Im trying to stay determined (am very determined every morning - seems to slip a bit during the day:eatdrink051::mad:)

We can do it though!!!

Haha i know what you mean - I feel like the worlds top diet guru at 6 am doing the "My body is a temple" bit but by 6 pm when I have 2 points left and I am reaching for the WW hot chilli tortilla chips the halo has clearly fallen. Anyway on wards and upwards with starting Core! Like you say we can do it, i'll be on here most days if you need to have a rant, moan, show off or just a chat x

I did the first core plan which came out around 4 years ago. ON that plan we had 21 points also. This could be used on wheat and dairy products and also alchol (no more than 14points in 1 week). I actually found it easy enough to save on the points. I cut out bread altogether so for brekkie I would have a fruit salad, low fat yogurt for break. And for lunch I would have a salad with some meat or jacket poatatoe. If I was really craving bread I would have a tortilla wrap instead stuffed with loads of salad, chicken etc.

Talking of fruit salad, have you seen the fruit salad receipe in the new WW mag out this week, looks lovely, will def be having that for brekkie with a dollop of low fat yoghurt.

It's strange isn't it. When I did core, I found that I'd end my week with............21 points left :D

Perhaps I just choose non point things for the meals and ate loads.

Admittedly, I did core when I had to come off Cambridge for a month. Having a meal was a novelty in itself :D

LOL Starlight.

Reminds me of when my friend tried the Cabbage Soup diet. She said "it didn't say what to have for breakfast so I had Weetabix, do you think that's ok?"

Back