• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more



Anyone doing the double? Cigs n weight??

nannis

Silver Member
#1
Hi all, im on day one of not smoking today, taking champix.
Diet wise im on week 10 and have lost 34lbs so far :)

Any tips on beating both at the same time, any gums that are free?

Any advisr what so ever is welcomed and it would be lovely to have an non-junk food/non- smoker to team up with :)

Anna x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

biggysmalls

Too big to fail
S: 12st5.5lb C: 10st12.3lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 24.6 Loss: 1st7.3lb(12.25%)
#2
Hi, I just wanted to say WELL DONE, I finally stopped smoking in November and it is definitely worth any initial struggle. I would say I am feeling more benefits now than at the start, so bear with it. Just think - by stopping smoking and losing weight, you are overcoming the two biggest obstacles to 100% GREAT HEALTH and MENTAL STRENGTH. Go for it! You will feel invincible and strong. I never thought it was possible. Best of luck x
 

traymanda

Full Member
S: 16st7lb C: 14st11lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 31.5 Loss: 1st10lb(10.39%)
#3
Hmmm, well I was doing both until a stresful morning.... I crumbled and bought 10 cigs, I feel terrible now, other people can manage to give up so why do I let myself down.....xx
 

katty

Silver Member
S: 14st6lb C: 14st6lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 36.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
#4
hi there, i just wanted to say really, not to put too much pressure on yourself. i did the stopping smoking part first, last january, i've been stopped 18 mths today. but i started sw in august, 8 months after i initially stopped smoking. for me, it made life a little easier as i have battled with my weight since i was a teen, and i also smoked for years too. i tried dieting whilst dealing with the cravings and quite frankly i turned into an evil moo. i can only speak for myself here but it was far too much to attempt at once. the stopping smoking was more important to me initially so i cut myself some slack with the eating for a while. in all it will have taken me about 2 years to do both by the time im at target.
lots of luck to you, and most of all willpower, dont be too hard on yourself either :) take care x
 
Last edited:

nannis

Silver Member
#5
biggysmalls said:
Hi, I just wanted to say WELL DONE, I finally stopped smoking in November and it is definitely worth any initial struggle. I would say I am feeling more benefits now than at the start, so bear with it. Just think - by stopping smoking and losing weight, you are overcoming the two biggest obstacles to 100% GREAT HEALTH and MENTAL STRENGTH. Go for it! You will feel invincible and strong. I never thought it was possible. Best of luck x
Thank you and well done to you, I cannot wait to say ive beeb a non smoker for x amount of months/years!
I cannot wait to wake up with no chesty cough and to be able to exercise without being out of breath after five mins... Or working out then ruining it all by lighting up ( ive done this so many times!!)

I have to say its not been to bad today, the champix are really good :) just finished the allen carr book aswell :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 

nannis

Silver Member
#6
traymanda said:
Hmmm, well I was doing both until a stresful morning.... I crumbled and bought 10 cigs, I feel terrible now, other people can manage to give up so why do I let myself down.....xx
Aww chin up, just dont smoke them :p, seriously though reading the allen carr book may help u, he explains that stresses still happen whether u smoke or not and that one cigarette cannot make anything better, just feeds the monster makjng u want more... Haha I sound like a fag botherer!! The book is great though and reallu makes you think.

Hope you can keep up the good work, keep me posted on how u are doing xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 

nannis

Silver Member
#7
katty said:
hi there, i just wanted to say really, not to put too much pressure on yourself. i did the stopping smoking part first, last january, i've been stopped 18 mths today. but i started sw in august, 8 months after i initially stopped smoking. for me, it made life a little easier as i have battled with my weight since i was a teen, and i also smoked for years too. i tried dieting whilst dealing with the cravings and quite frankly i turned into an evil moo. i can only speak for myself here but it was far too much to attempt at once. the stopping smoking was more important to me initially so i cut myself some slack with the eating for a while. in all it will have taken me about 2 years to do both by the time im at target.
lots of luck to you, and most of all willpower, dont be too hard on yourself either :) take care x
Hiya, its gonna be hard but I figured my body is in the change zone right now so why not change all the things that migjt contribute to an early grave. As im majorly obese I need to sort that out asap, Ive left the smoking till now as im 10 wrrks in and 2.5 stone down.
Also im using champix whichnis more or less stopping the cravings :)

Congrats on giving up the cigs, What a fantastic achievement. Good luck with your next journey xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 

katty

Silver Member
S: 14st6lb C: 14st6lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 36.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
#8
oops i thought you had wrote the post about buying cigs, that'll teach me for scooting through the post. sorry, and well done, all the best :)
 

nannis

Silver Member
#9
nannis said:
Hiya, its gonna be hard but I figured my body is in the change zone right now so why not change all the things that migjt contribute to an early grave. As im majorly obese I need to sort that out asap, Ive left the smoking till now as im 10 wrrks in and 2.5 stone down.
Also im using champix whichnis more or less stopping the cravings :)

Congrats on giving up the cigs, What a fantastic achievement. Good luck on your way to target zx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 

nannis

Silver Member
#10
katty said:
oops i thought you had wrote the post about buying cigs, that'll teach me for scooting through the post. sorry, and well done, all the best :)
Lol thank you, ive just double posted as was trying to change good luck on your next journey to gpod luck on your way to target as iy soinds like u may be close?

And excuse my spellinh fat fingers and touch keyboards do not mix well lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 

katty

Silver Member
S: 14st6lb C: 14st6lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 36.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
#11
Lol thank you, ive just double posted as was trying to change good luck on your next journey to gpod luck on your way to target as iy soinds like u may be close?

And excuse my spellinh fat fingers and touch keyboards do not mix well lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
hehe yep, i quickly read the post cos my son is running round me like a loon. i've got 12lb left to lose, its coming off quite slow now but never mind. you seem extremely motivated to get it done so i am sure you will get there. i tried for years and then suddenly a different mindset took over me, i read the book you referred to aswell, and also joined a quit smoking site which helped me loads too.
 
#12
Fair play to you! My doctor actully told me to do one, then the other. Have now not smoked for 18 months, have been on plan for 6 months.

Good luck, and as said, don't put too much pressure on yourself!
 

biggysmalls

Too big to fail
S: 12st5.5lb C: 10st12.3lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 24.6 Loss: 1st7.3lb(12.25%)
#13
Oh yes, Allen Carr - I forgot to say, that book really helped me too. I kept re-referring to it in the early days to keep me strong. I used to say "I really loved smoking" ...and I did! But then I realised, most smokers do/did at some stage. I wasn't an exceptional case...just another addict! Another really useful thing I did was download a free app for my phone called "QuitNow" (I'm sure there are other equally good ones) It keeps track of the health benefits, time since you stopped smoking, money saved etc. Some times when I was craving a smoke, I would look at my stats on there to keep me strong, and I would think "I don't want to throw all that hard work away".

Ultimately, every difficult moment I passed through, I tried to look on it as a moment that would get easier and more rare with time. The first few weeks were hard for me, even with Allen Carr and the app. As for food cravings, yes, I'm not going to lie...my appetite (or what felt like my appetite) was insatiable at times. But free food got me out of some of those sticky wickets and although I didn't really lose much weight for a while after stopping, I didn't gain either, which is great and all thanks to SW. I do agree, be kind to yourself, treat yourself where possible. Even better to know that you're "allowed" to (because of food optimising) and that it's not going to make your weight soar. Had I not been doing SW and looking on here, I think i might have started smoking again.
 

fillymum

synful soul
S: 107kg C: 85kg G: 79kg BMI: 33.2 Loss: 22kg(20.56%)
#14


I wish you all the best. You are about to really start living your life.

To be in control is amazing.

You will do it because you know you can.
 

Maximus

Gold Member
S: 17st7lb C: 10st10lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 24.2 Loss: 6st11lb(38.78%)
#15
Hi all, im on day one of not smoking today, taking champix.
Diet wise im on week 10 and have lost 34lbs so far :)

Any tips on beating both at the same time, any gums that are free?

Any advisr what so ever is welcomed and it would be lovely to have an non-junk food/non- smoker to team up with :)

Anna x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Cold turkey and massive willpower was the only way for me.

I quit smoking about 10-11 years ago - literally stopped overnight and never took anything.

I've managed to have the grand total of 3.5 pints spread over 20 months (spread over 3 sessions lol)

I applied the same cast iron willpower to weightloss and finally reached targed.

Please remember, you can try every single fad or gosmo going, but you will have to want to do something in order for it to work.

That may sound so obvious, but you'll never achieve unless you want to.
 

nannis

Silver Member
#16
Thanks for all the great advice and pointers :) and huge congrats to all you non-smokers :)
Day 2 done and dusted, feeling positive about me and disgusted at the cigs and how they were such a big part of my life ( or so they thought!!)

Have so much energy today aswell! Off to bed now, here's to day 3!

Anna x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
S: 18st2.5lb C: 18st2.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 41.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
#17
Hiya Anna! I'm also doing both...although I've been slimming for about 15 months, whereas I'm only on day 2 of giving up smoking, lol!

Best of luck with it hun! We'll both get there, just wait and see :) xx
 

WelshCake

Silver Member
S: 21st2lb C: 14st9lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 35.2 Loss: 6st7lb(30.74%)
#18
Fair play to you! My doctor actully told me to do one, then the other. Have now not smoked for 18 months, have been on plan for 6 months.

Good luck, and as said, don't put too much pressure on yourself!
I was told to do one at a time too 26 months smoke free and 82lbs lighter I'm a different woman :)
 

nannis

Silver Member
#19
The nurse once said to do one at a time, when I weny down for my 15 day review she said that scientists are now saying that the human body accepts multiple changes better than one at a time?! Not sure if its true or not, but seems to be going on so far :)
Now on day 15, no slip ups and feeling fairlu good. Must admit I am feeling a bit more munchy, but I am turning to fruit, veg and gum! To be honest im getting more fruit in than ever before! The scales have shown a loss for the past two weeks. The first week it was only 1 lb off so I did get a biy concerned but last friday I showed a 3 lb loss so guess allnis ok :)
I did read that your metabolism can slow when you give up smoking, for that reason I am trying to get a biy of exercise in every day :)
Thanks for the support all :) and good luck to everyone x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 

nannis

Silver Member
#20
WelshCake said:
I was told to do one at a time too 26 months smoke free and 82lbs lighter I'm a different woman :)
Thats amazing, well done :) how long after being smoke free did you start sw? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 




Top