Anyone done SW after a meal replacement diet?

raquelscatt

I did the Cambridge Diet two years ago and successfully lost 3 stones but gained it all + more :(

I have also had a failed attempt at SW but that was purely because it was not the right time and other stuff got in the way!

Anyway, I have nearly completed 2 weeks on the Cambridge Diet but really cannot stick it any longer (need food and the money!) and am seriously considering finishing on it tomorrow and joining SW next week.

Just wondered if anyone else has done this and what were your results like in the first few weeks.

I gather I am best telling my leader what I have been doing?

Any advice please!

Hiya I did the same, I lost 3 stone and piled it all back on and more and now have the strecth marks to boot!
I did cd for 2 weeks againa nd lost 10lbs but then switched to SW i lost 5lbs week1, but then thats me. Either way SW is healthier and a way of life and people DO loose good amounts and keep it off and best of all you can eat!!!!! I LOVE IT and would never ever go back to those faddy diets!
xx

alot of people want the weigh off NOW, whearas if you take a bit longer and change your life around it, it will become a life time habbit, and it will stay off!!

Hiya

I did CD last year and i lost 4st doing it and was so chuffed but then after having so stuff go wrong, one of which resulted in my wife and i having to terminate a pregnancy late due to serious abnormalities i got a bit depressed and next thing you know i put the whole 4st back on in a matter on months

I started SW last night as it seems as close as you can get to just a normal healthy eating plan

So be it 1 or 2 or 3 lb lost per week at least i know its doable

I just finished my lunch of a tin of baked beans lol

Best of luck and i honestly think you would be doing the right thing by ditching cd

Regards

Paul

Hi, I did lipotrim just before xmas and lost a stone i decided to swithch to slimming world because i couldnt hack the NO EATING!! in my first week i managed to lose 5lbs which i was very pleased with as i never felt hungry and still managed to lose xx

I've heard of a lot of people choosing SW after a VLD. It is a great healthy eating plan. I chose to do SW because of the amounts of food you can have and still lose weight. There's always free food at the end of the day if you've had your allowance but are still hungry. So many people worry that they are eating too much to be on a diet, but that's the say SW works, it keeps your metabolism going rather than it hibernating.

Good luck with whatever you decide. There will be plenty of support for you here if you do decide to go with SW :D

hey all just a quick question to anyone who has moved from a vlcd to SW, did u keep the weight off then go onto SW to loose weight on the first week?
x

I did CD for 3 weeks and then moved straight to SW. Due to timing of the classes etc I had a week off inbetween. MY first SW weigh in matched my last CD weigh in (eventhough I went out for a meal inbetween leaving CD and joining SW).

I lost 3.5lbs the first week and consistently lost 2/3lb a week for the time I went to class. I fell ill and had to leave SW classes but maintained the SW eating way. I left the SW classes in August 08.

I have managed to keep the 3 stone off I lost with CD/SW and am now focussing on losing the next 3 stone.

One tip I would say is stick to red days for the first week. I ONLY did red days and completely cut out bread until I was about a month in.

Hope that helps and good luck xx

I also wanted to say that my leader was not amused at the fact that I did CD before. I got the lecture about it being dangerous and "turning your insides to mush".

I wish I never told her. xx

thanks for ur reply flirty girl, Im on day 5 cd have had a sneaky peak and iv only lost 5 lbs, I know thats okay but I have 5 stone to loose and Iv heard of people loosing like 12lbs per first week. All this cd stuff seems alot of hassle and effort for little reward :(xxx

thanks for ur reply flirty girl, Im on day 5 cd have had a sneaky peak and iv only lost 5 lbs, I know thats okay but I have 5 stone to loose and Iv heard of people loosing like 12lbs per first week. All this cd stuff seems alot of hassle and effort for little reward :(xxx

When I started CD I had in excess of 7 stone to lose. My first week I lost 8lbs. remember CD only say that you will lose 14lbs a month. You are well on target for that. xx

HELLO THERE I DID THE CAMBRIDGE DIET LAST YEAR, AND TBH I DID LOSE ABOUT A STONE (IN THE MONTH I WAS ON IT) BUT AS SOON AS I STARTED EATING HEALTHILY AGAIN I PUT ALL THE WEIGHT BACK ON, BUT ADMIT I DIDNT GAIN, UNTIL THIS XMAS PERIOD -:cry: ANYHOW THE GOOD NEWS IS I STARTED SW LAST WEEK AND LOST 5 & 1/2 LBS IN THE FIRST WEEK, I WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO SCEPITICAL OF THIS DIET (ONCE I HAD WORKED IT OUT):D AND I LOST MORE IN THIS WEEK THEN I DID AT ANY WEEK OF CAMBRIDGE DIET, AND THATS (AS U KNOW) HAVING THE 3 SHAKES A DAY AND SOD ALL ELSE , LOL. I HAVE NEVER EATEN SO MUCH AND LOST SO MUCH , AND THATS BEING 100% TRUTHFUL, NO BULLS**T OR NOTHING, STR8 UP. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE. AM HOOKED (AND A BELIEVER NOW) :rolleyes:

GL ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY XX

I did the Cambridge Diet two years ago and successfully lost 3 stones but gained it all + more :(

I have also had a failed attempt at SW but that was purely because it was not the right time and other stuff got in the way!

Anyway, I have nearly completed 2 weeks on the Cambridge Diet but really cannot stick it any longer (need food and the money!) and am seriously considering finishing on it tomorrow and joining SW next week.

Just wondered if anyone else has done this and what were your results like in the first few weeks.

I gather I am best telling my leader what I have been doing?

Any advice please!

i get that CD works for some people but i personally just dont get it.
surely, people get overweight because they like food and they like to eat. (like mee!) so cutting out all food, surely yr more likely to cheat because they like to eat so much that they got overweight?
im not saying it doesnt work because clearly it does, but its just not healthy, and its not sustainable long term xxx

Back