Anyone done WW after lighterlife or simular?

karenlisa

Hi all, i have just lost over 2.5 stone on lighter life and am now thinking of switching to WW to shift the last stone, i just wondered if anyone has done WW after a very low calorie diet? Iam worried i won't lose any weight as my body is used to so few calories? :confused:

Hello Karenlisa, I was just like you 4 weeks ago .. i was on the cambridge diet, which is basically the same as Lighterlife, with the shakes ect ... i lost 3 stone and was looking at coming over to WW to not only maintain and lose more but to learn new eating habits so i would not put weight back on and ill tell you what it was a great decision. Just started my 4th week on weight watchers and up to now i have lost an extra 13lbs with WW, so yes i do think it is a great idea to do WW after those sort of diets, but i have to say i did have a 2 week gap between Cambridge and Weight watchers, mainly so my body could get used to eating normal calories and normal food and then i started WW

hope you choose well and make the right choice :)

Good luck, let me know how you get on :D

xx

Thanks Anthony, congrats on your loss, cambridge and LL are pretty much the same thing so its great to hear you have had success with ww, I'am the same as you i want to lose a bit more weight but mainly i just want to keep the weight off i have already lost.

Yep totally know where your coming from, i would deffo recommend WW then :) keep posted

x

Hi

I did Cambridge all of last year and lost 7 stone with it.

My question to you is have you started the re-feed programme?

If you haven't, I would really suggest you do at least a week or two or the re-feed just so you adjust your body slowly to the carbs first (kinda similar to the above post really) because with WW you can have any foods you like (within your points) and after coming from a VLCD the carbs can really affect you if you haven't at least started the re-feed (or on CD gone up the plans bit by bit)

Of course, you can jump and it will force your body to have to adapt, but this can mean you will gain, not necessarily weight, but the scales can go up because of glycogen stores refilling so quickly and your body literally not being used to the food being in your body.

Whichever, you feel happiest with, go with, but just wanted you to have another side too

Good Luck xx

Hi

I did Cambridge all of last year and lost 7 stone with it.

My question to you is have you started the re-feed programme?

If you haven't, I would really suggest you do at least a week or two or the re-feed just so you adjust your body slowly to the carbs first (kinda similar to the above post really) because with WW you can have any foods you like (within your points) and after coming from a VLCD the carbs can really affect you if you haven't at least started the re-feed (or on CD gone up the plans bit by bit)

Of course, you can jump and it will force your body to have to adapt, but this can mean you will gain, not necessarily weight, but the scales can go up because of glycogen stores refilling so quickly and your body literally not being used to the food being in your body.

Whichever, you feel happiest with, go with, but just wanted you to have another side too

Good Luck xx

Could not agree with more with you, thats basically what i ment but in a simpler form lol,
and yes thats why i had 2 weeks off of everything so my body got used to normal food :)

x

Hi Alexmummy, the LL do a 12 week programme to re introduce food, i don't feel i can do that. I'am fully prepared to put some weight on to start from glycogen etc but there after really want to maintain and not just keep putting it on. I'am really nervous about it.

Hiya, I've come over to WW from Lipotrim - managed to lose 5 stone on that but have so lost the willpower to do such an extreme diet any more. As my friend and colleague whom I was doing Lipotrim with said " we have been pratting around with it since Xmas" and neither of us have really got anywhere. She has only about 1/2 stone to go to goal and she can do that in a couple of weeks - but my goal is about 4 stone away - I dont think that I could have done another 4 months specially as I keep pratting around on it. So I have come over to WW to learn some control and to lose the weight - yes it will be a lot slower which is the hard part to get my head around but I think - no I know that I will do well on this and will succeed. As long as I lose the bulk of that 4 stone by the time I go on hols and I can wear my bikini lol.

Well done on your loss with ll
I can understand where you are coming from I also did ll lost over 3 stone & then gave up I should have gone straight to ww but didn't so I gained all I lost
I think you are doing the right thing I only wish I had

Back