Anyone else allergic to Tomatoes?

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
I have nearly all the slimming world recipes books but in each one there only seems a handful of green day recipes without tomatoes in. I find it too difficult to do EE because tomatoes are great for bulking out your 1/3 superfree. How does anyone else manage. My daughter is also allergic to dairy which cuts out things like yogurt fromage frais etc
I'm sure this is why I gave up last time. Any tips you can give me would be great

can she have coconut milk? if so a thai curry always goes down a treat with me

plenty of soups you can make for lunches/starters to up superfree - carrot and coriander, lentil, potato and leek, vegetable, cauliflower and broccoli, BNS and red pepper etc

SW burgers/KFC and chips with SW coleslaw on the side for superfree

roasted veg, potatoes and chicken for a "sunday dinner"

stir fries with noodles/rice

i make a vegetable bake with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots and syn the white sauce - well worth the syns in my opinion and easily over 1/3 superfree of you eat as much of it as i do!

paella

just a few ideas to get you started

Just thought of one of my favourite soups, sound horrid but tastes great!

Cauliflower and horseradish soup, 1 syn for the entire pan

1 onion chopped
1 cauliflower
1 tbsp horseradish sauce (I use colman's, 1 syn)
1 Pint boiling water with 2 or 3 chicken stock cubes melted in it (use veg ones for veggie recipe)
Salt and pepper to taste

Method

Soften the onions in a pan on a low heat with frylight
Add the stock and cauli heads, cook until soft
Blitz or handblend the mix until smooth, add more boiling water if too thick.
Add the horseradish a bit at a time until you get the flavour you want

It's a lovely, thick, comfort soup, my kids and Wife love it too, took ages for me to cook it at first because it sounded terrible!

Cous cous or bulghar wheat bulked out with mushrooms, onions, sweetcorn, peppers cucumber and olives (7 for 1 syn so you can cut them in half to get loads) spring onions etc etc

I like pasta done the same way with loads of salad veg as above.

I do use mayo mixed with low fat yoghurt or fromage frais to loosen it a bit but I know you can get dairy free mayo which could be used.

Back